Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name at least one thing that frightens you about the future

Cleverclover

Just now, Bas said:

Certainly not meaning to be offensive, but do you do anything to better the situation, mostly as in seeking help?

I take meds. That's about it. Anything else is up in the air because of my limited transportation. Not that I'm worth anything in the first place.

I used to worry a lot that I wouldn't have friends in the future. I still worry about it, but I've mostly accepted the fact that I'll probably grow old and die alone by this point. I guess now I'm just scared about how being by myself nearly 24/7 is going to affect me as a person. In my career path, it's entirely possible to have literally zero coworkers.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, Bas said:

What's your city again/how large is it?

He lives in Indiana. If you don't have a car you're out of luck because most of Indiana lacks public transit. Even Indianapolis only has buses and ranks as one of the worst cities in terms of walkability. 

Edited by Anneal

• 11 months later...

Here are a few things that I fear about the future:

1) Since I'm a Christian that believes in heaven and hell, I fear that I might end up going to hell after I die.

2) I fear that I might never find my purpose in life, or that I will never have any purpose in my life.

3) I fear that depression and anxiety have permanently scarred me emotionally, and that it will prevent me from fully and deeply experiencing happiness and good emotions.

4) I fear that my loneliness will never go away.

"Only two things scare me, and one is nuclear war."

Any one catch the reference? 

On a serious note I used to believe in the common sense of humanity. The past few years have shown that belief to be held in error. Seeing how fast america can devolve into autocracy and madness other countries could too.  It only takes 2 crazies to decide to see whos dick is bigger or who said something about the others mom and boom nuclear fallout. 

The only thing that really scares me is being left behind. I barely recognize the world as it is now.

I'm totally gonna be those "back in my days" kinda old peeps. I used to make fun of them but I'm becoming them now.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 4:53 AM, Super Splashee said:

Uncertainty.

While being happy at the moment, one little thing can change so much in life.

And an example of this is the COVID-19 situation. We have no idea how hard it will hit. I can't believe I was living in such bliss 2 months ago!

• 1 month later...

Not much honestly. I'm hopeful for the future. Anyone who knows history can tell that the human race has been on a steady up-tick with plagues, cultural collapse, and world wars only delaying that.

• I'm not really a Christian but I'm still afraid of going to hell
  • World global digitalisation means that everything will be hackable. Once we invent bionic in-brain phones like in sci-fi films, we will never safe again
  • One day my parents will pass out
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Ooredelen said:
  •  
  • World global digitalisation means that everything will be hackable. Once we invent bionic in-brain phones like in sci-fi films, we will never safe again
  •  

This is one of the biggest reasons why I would never get cyber body parts. Hack into my always-online Inspector Gadget robo arm and make it punch me in the face repeatedly? (go-go gadget facepunch!) No thank you. It's bad enough that people can hack self-driving cars and murder the occupants.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ooredelen said:

I'm not really a Christian but I'm still afraid of going to hell

Same.  I think it’s all the years I went to church as a kid being taught that if I didn’t believe in God I’d burn in hell for all eternity.

I don’t believe in God, but the fear still lingers in the back of my head.  I think “Maybe I should believe.  Just in case....”

• Brohoof 1