Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name at least one thing that frightens you about the future

Cleverclover

I'm afraid that one day scientists will create some horrible disease that will be worse than Ebola, lol. But seriously, that's what I'm afraid of. :)

No need to worry about that, it actually had already happened, more than once. Better be scared that one of those might leave laboratory one day.

I fear the advancement of technology, and it actually overthrowing us. (Yes I believe those sci-fi stories.)

Don't. Those stories are written by Luddites that wouldn't know real practical A.I. if it came up and hugged them affectionately.

See above for my reasons why advancing technology is good and it always has been.

Edited by Steel Accord

Then you wouldn't be a fan of clothes? Or houses? Or a spear then?

I dont mean that technology  :lol: Just my preferred time period is more 19th century for some reason. Most likely from mother's influence  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I dont mean that technology  :lol: Just my preferred time period is more 19th century for some reason. Most likely from mother's influence  ^_^

Whatever floats your boat, I'm just trying to assuage people's fear of advancing technology. If it's less fear and just preference than more power to you.

Whatever floats your boat, I'm just trying to assuage people's fear of advancing technology. If it's less fear and just preference than more power to you.

Yeah, I get technology is your thing  :D I'm just into a simple way of life I suppose  :P

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I get technology is your thing  :D I'm just into a simple way of life I suppose  :P

Well don't be so quick to say. This laptop is the most advanced thing I own. Technically, my self defense tech is as low as one can get without being pre-historic. Oh yes, that sword in my mouth isn't just for show, swords are my preferred weapon on real life.

I just champion advancement of society and technology is a good corollary to that.

• Brohoof 1

Well don't be so quick to say. This laptop is the most advanced thing I own. Technically, my self defense tech is as low as one can get without being pre-historic. Oh yes, that sword in my mouth isn't just for show, swords are my preferred weapon on real life.

I just champion advancement of society and technology is a good corollary to that.

sorry for making assumptions  :)

• Brohoof 1

sorry for making assumptions  :)

No! There's no need to be sorry. I was only pointing out that I'm not diving headlong into the future, history be dammed. There are some things that are definitely worth preserving.

Just think of it this way. We've had motor boats for a damn long time, don't people still sail though?

• Brohoof 1

The possibility that all my efforts are going to be in vain frightens me the most. I just hope graduating college makes up with all the pain I've suffered since my teens 

I fear the growing rudeness and violence of the people.

World would be much safer around without humans.

So you would wish for all of us to be dead as a cure for violence?

Not being financially stable and living on the street..

Finally a fear that's actually quite sensible and not apocalyptic. I personally don't fear such but I can understand that. 

Probably getting old. That's going to be the hardest thing of all. Nothing I enjoy now will matter much to me when I'm older. The only thing that will mater are the memories. It would probably depress me and make me wish I could have stayed young forever if everyone else had done the same too. I hate the idea of aging because it's so scary for me. I love being who I am now, and I don't want that to have to change...

I'm afraid of the possibility that childish fighting could end in a couple of countries being wiped off the map. You saw what a primitive nuke did to Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Imagine that multiplied by OVER 9000! That's exactly what I'm afraid our future holds.