Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name at least one thing that frightens you about the future

Cleverclover

(edited)

@Super Splashee Dude there’s so much to process in your last message :ButtercupLaugh:

If I’ll be a good enough father for my kids one day. Not so lenient that they don’t achieve great things. But also not so overbearing that they see me as a scary angry figure like my dad. I want to have a family that laughs loves and achieves great things in life. But there is a very find balance to be found in trying to do such a thing

Edited by Petrus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

An overall more hive-mind-like populace thinking/views. I can't really think of a good way to word it.

I was a 90's kid and pretty much literally grew up along "with" technology. Back then it was more like a novelty AND I STILL see and treat it as such. I mean I'm not going to have a panic/anxiety attack if I'm without my smartphone for 2 seconds or even a day or two. Since I wasn't born with all this already in place I can really see how big tech companies are becoming too big of an influence on people. I mean look how Google and Facebook keep wanting you to link everything together for "convenience" :smolder:

One thing is YouTube, I mean GoogleTube, has WAY too much censorship going on. That has to change. Free posting sites should be considered public forums if anyone can view content on a site without an account or subscription. One of the current things that's pissing me off is how big these companies have gotten and are turning political. STAY IN THE TECH BUSINESS! THERE'S ALREADY ENOUGH B.S. POLITICS TO GO AROUND!!! :lostit::glimmer:

What's worse is how many people just seem to go about their daily lives not questioning anything or instead go after those who do. I mean do people just want to be content sheep? Just doing their thing? Instead of getting shaved for wool, just "shaved" for taxes?

I'm in Michigan and our "governor" is going BATSHIT CRAZY over here. Aside from a lot of other stupid "virus irrelevant" lockdown rules, she just extended lockdown until the end of MAY! The curve has been flattened for a while now, which was the so called intention.

I was reading comments on her twitter and basically there are more "THANK YOU MASTER" -like  comments on there than annoyed people. AND THEY WANT TO KEEP IT GOING! I'm like WTF? :glimmer: Here the government is supposed to be working for you, you're not supposed to be an oppressed "subject" under a king/tyrant.

Oh and what a coincidence!, it's also a presidential election year...I'm sure there is no possible way that there are certain people maybe wanting to make a not so favorable economy...:unamused:

qtn.png.1fdd2b8a554b801e1bda98cf4522d015.png

Yeah, inflict unnecessary suffering to promote change. WONDERFUL!   :ticking: STARLIGHT APPROVED!!!!

kIDDING ASIDE, The point was to flatten the curve for hospitals AND IT HAS BEEN DONE. Now Michigan's governor is working on flattening the people economically. We're at the point here where older and health compromised should STAY HOME and the rest can get back to reality and start opening back up. OF COURSE extra hygiene, distancing, etc. needs to go on for a while. It should not be an "EQUAL" lockdown. Most people are at LESS risk for the virus and should start being able to carry on if they so choose.

If people DON'T like this, they are FREE to STAY HOME until a vaccine comes out. SIMPLE? I don't see how people are against this in AMERICA?!?!?

ANYWAYS, I think that these tech companies are drilling into peoples minds and altering/numbing their thinking more than they realize. Think of how often you use your smartphone. "They" sure love it when you do!

wolfsheep.png.f8d729d882262b628c352cbd3036a527.png

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

My future as a whole kinda scares me. Once it's time to get a life and maintain myself, I fear that that is when it's all going to crumble. Run out of money to maintain myself with, become homeless, then rot. I'm scared of it.

13 hours ago, gamecubeguy214 said:

My future as a whole kinda scares me. Once it's time to get a life and maintain myself, I fear that that is when it's all going to crumble. Run out of money to maintain myself with, become homeless, then rot. I'm scared of it.

It is good to be concerned about your life like that, it means you won't treat money like it is nothing, probably even if you got rich.

Always keep family and friends near by, and do your best. You will do great! :coco:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Let’s see

Losing my loved ones, getting a severe illness or injury, dying and potentially becoming homeless due to not being able to financially support myself. 

(edited)

Attaining my goals, my life’s desires, but not having the people I’ve always known and loved in that same picture.

Thats why I’m always frustrated I hadn’t already “done it all” or reached a good point. I feel like I’ll be too late and in a way I’m going to want to be living “back in those days” in the future and look back too much rather than finally enjoy whatever it is I want to accomplish or have as a person. I don’t want to look back. I guess everyone eventually has something to look behind on. They have to keep looking forward though.

Im afraid of the “bad future” which is why I wish the good future would come sooner to enjoy that. It would also counter the bad future, in a way.

Edited by WWolf

4 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Turning a year older here soon, and wondering how everyone will suddenly think about me then. Even though it's still me, to someone I'll be a whole new person somehow.

Still the same to me :) . We all turn a year older together each year. No matter what age you’re turning if that’s your concern :wacko: .

2 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Probably climate change. There has been a record breaking heat wave across the entire northern hemisphere recently.

Doesn't scare me one bit. They always hype it up every year, it strikes me as normal.