Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This Just In: MLP Created by Satan to Confuse Men

Banul

I'm a Christian. I'm also a full-on brony. :D Fanatical lunatics like these give us Christians a bad name. :( MLP is anything but the work of "Satan". A show with such a pure heart that teaches so many good things and helps in spreading love within its fans... is the work of Satan. (Talk about ignorance) Lol. :P Just ignore this creep, guys and gals. /)

• Brohoof 8

HAH!

*ahem* Uh... Sorry... Something caught in my throat.

Anyway, as a Christian brony, I can say that I find this theory... amusing. Satan did NOT create My Little Pony. And besides, choosing to watch this show wouldn't make you go to hell even if it was a satanical thing. Which it's not. Okay, back to life now.

• Brohoof 3

._.

*Facepalm.* *Facedesk.* *Faceplant.* *Face-jumps off second story and faceplants into concrete.*

I'm done with this guy XD I'm pretty sure my foster parents think this show is satanic because it uses magic. I'm just don't with people like this.

• Brohoof 4

The only thing funnier than the video is the comments  :lol:   Take a look, folks, it's a gold mine down there.  

On a serious note, is this guy for real or is he just trying to get attention?  I spend a lot of time on YouTube and I can sense a troll channel a mile away.  Some channels are one hundred percent devoted to pissing off religious people, atheists, feminists, or any group of people you can think of who already get some crap.  On the other hand (or hoof), then there's people who are dead serious when they post videos about how women having rights is making men "soft" or how homosexuals are ruining America (sadly, I've seen videos that are very much to either effect).  Hard to tell which camp someone is in because some people are just that misinformed and unintelligent.  

• Brohoof 1

Well buck, they caught on. Better go start moving to plan B before this guy convinces people of what we are doing, of course he is going to be taken literally

Wait, let me see *Goes through the folders* ah here we have it. Plan B. Operation "Good pony." It says: "Turn every brony into mindless slaves with a mind control beam." hmmm....i could make that work.

• Brohoof 4

Okay, so according to this guy, the Bible's definition of man is, "Strong, bold, courageous...capable of extending compassion, understanding, mercy, and grace"

The show promotes that constantly, so, by that definition, My Little Pony actually makes you manlier the more you watch it.

• Brohoof 17

Man, Satan's really getting petty these days isn't he? What happened to the Satan I remember? The one who rebelled against God?

This is some pretty half-ass work. Not even; more like a sixteenth of an ass. I might believe this plot was the work of a poorly paid demon working a temp job, but Satan himself? I dunno ..

If it was, evil might be on its last legs folks.

Absolutely. I agree with you.

Not that I think that evil is on its last legs. And I do think that we are confused about gender and what it means. There are a lot of questions that we are asking as a society that we just don't know the answer to, and there's a lot of things that people disagree with regarding the subject due to life experiences and clashing ideologies.

But MLP is nowhere NEAR the center of that debate. It's hardly an outlier. Sure it changes gender roles and raises the question as to why a man would like a girls' product, but gender roles hardly define gender itself, so when people have serious discussions about the issue of gender, MLP doesn't come up as often as the Bible would come up in a conversation about Jesus.

As a female who has been in the brony fandom almost since the beginning, having been involved in Internet communities as well as having met bronies in real life, I can tell you one thing: the vast majority of bronies still act like men. Even in the midst of wearing pink pony shirts and dressing up in unicorn horns and brushing a pony's hair, doing those things alone doesn't make them become women, or really even feminize them. They don't do that sort of stuff to look cute or pretty, or to be maternal. They don't do it to act like girls. They don't want to be girls. They just want to be themselves, and to have fun.

Any brony who questions their gender, sexuality, role, etc would have done so without any help from MLP.

Honestly, MLP is more of a reflection of what's going on with our current culture than it is a direct influence on people's behavior.

• Brohoof 9

As a Christian myself...this is just embarrassing.

I didn't even make it through 1 minute of the video, honestly. But about what I did see: is it just me, or does it seem like some of these screenshots are photoshopped? Because I really don't remember seeing any of those "symbols" in the show. :P

• Brohoof 5

Absolutely. I agree with you.

Not that I think that evil is on its last legs. And I do think that we are confused about gender and what it means. There are a lot of questions that we are asking as a society that we just don't know the answer to, and there's a lot of things that people disagree with regarding the subject due to life experiences and clashing ideologies.

But MLP is nowhere NEAR the center of that debate. It's hardly an outlier. Sure it changes gender roles and raises the question as to why a man would like a girls' product, but gender roles hardly define gender itself, so when people have serious discussions about the issue of gender, MLP doesn't come up as often as the Bible would come up in a conversation about Jesus.

As a female who has been in the brony fandom almost since the beginning, having been involved in Internet communities as well as having met bronies in real life, I can tell you one thing: the vast majority of bronies still act like men. Even in the midst of wearing pink pony shirts and dressing up in unicorn horns and brushing a pony's hair, doing those things alone doesn't make them become women, or really even feminize them. They don't do that sort of stuff to look cute or pretty, or to be maternal. They don't do it to act like girls. They don't want to be girls. They just want to be themselves, and to have fun.

Any brony who questions their gender, sexuality, role, etc would have done so without any help from MLP.

Honestly, MLP is more of a reflection of what's going on with our current culture than it is a direct influence on people's behavior.

No, no, no, wrong wrong wrong wrong. *Obviously* it's not about individualism at all. The real reason why we're here is because we have sexual identity issues and we're all confused. That's a requirement for bronydom par the official brony constitution, section 5, line 23: "thau shalt forsake thy manliness in favor of ponies."

• Brohoof 7

As a Christian myself...this is just embarrassing.

I didn't even make it through 1 minute of the video, honestly. But about what I did see: is it just me, or does it seem like some of these screenshots are photoshopped? Because I really don't remember seeing any of those "symbols" in the show. :P

Those symbols are in the show, but I highly doubt they were put there to take over our souls or anything.  I mean, owls are real animals, and I bet the triangle was a reference meant for parents to catch and laugh at like many things in the show are.

Anyways, as a fellow Christian, I do suggest you do what I did. Leave a nice comment in his video explaining why he's wrong and how the show reinforces the same values he said men should have.  You know, he's clearly confused and needs help to see the truth.

I am with you though.  I wish the Christians that get all the attention weren't the ones actively trying to ruin God's name. 

• Brohoof 1

I found this in the comments section and I had to share......xD

In the past, I got indoctrinated into the whole brony thing.  I used to make remixes of the show's musical content, and actually the over-feminization lead to cross dressing and promiscuity.

Since discovering C.S. Lewis, some other Christian writings, discovering TVC here on Youtube, I unlisted all my remixes, donated all my female clothing, makeup, etc.

But yeah, just wanted to say that this /is/ the result of the show. I used to be very interconnected with many other bronies over the Internet, and you would be surprised at the number of them who were becoming more and more "female" with time / even wanting to undergo HRT. And I mean there were plenty of closet ones who would do a kind of androgenous voice when they sang. Pretending and enjoying it means you want to (be female). Not because you were born that way (necessarily), but because you have made something your false god. and ya, I get that it would attract people who are already a bit like this, but it did affect them. You make something your false god and over time, it warps you.

And this is true in general. There are endless false gods, and there are /no/ Atheists. If you are an Atheist (??-23) reading this, you probably waste a lot of your time playing some dumb video game. Your false god is some idea of Greatness, or maybe it is as shallow as Victory, or as broad as Pleasure. It is all false, and it /is/ your god. It is what you follow and it warps you. It is everything to you. When you lose, you get mad because you are entitled. When you win, you are mildly entertained, but really you want more and more, and it is never enough. And you sit there, playing endlessly, chasing something you can never catch.

Rather than wallow in this forever, maybe there is something else? Maybe there is a Good that is everywhere, that doesn't diminish upon being shared in. A Common Good?