Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fictional Character Crushes

Fluttershy4life

Hmmm. When I was just a kid, I crushed on Tinkerbell. She is still one of my favorite characters. On my Deviant Art site, I even commissioned a piece with her dressed as robin...

http://black-falcon01.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30ullj

Posted Image

I haven't crushed on a fictional character in ages. I liked Jasmine from the Aladin movie but it never got to serious crush level.

I used to have a pretty big crush on Starfire from the Teen Titans animated series, but currently, my fictional crushes include: Hinata from Naruto, Tsubaki from Soul Eater, a combination personality of Rainbow Dash and Pinkie, and Makoto from Blazblue(my squirrel tailed angel :wub: ). Also, I have a pretty huge man crush on Death the Kid from Soul Eater and Dante from Devil May Cry. One does not just deny their levels of swag.

While not a crush, I did love Starfire. Tell me my muffin friend, were you more comfortable posting here after reading my "Pony Romance" theory? Just wondering.

Well, the first one was a looooong time ago and it was Bastilla from The Knights of the old republicPosted Image.

But more recently, Annabeth from the percy jackson books. (and i wont post a picture cause her in the movie is not at all accurate to her in the book.

Hell yeah for Annabeth! I LOVED that series, and the budding romance was actually one of the best parts of the story in my opinion.

While not a crush, I did love Starfire. Tell me my muffin friend, were you more comfortable posting here after reading my "Pony Romance" theory? Just wondering.

Steelquill, I was in fact more open to posting here after reading your theory a long while back. And just to bring this up, I too did love Annabeth and the whole Percy Jackson series. Edited by DJ MUFF1N D3RP
  • Brohoof 1

Me? I've had a particularly interesting relationship with this phenomenon. I never knew what the term "waifu" meant until I became a brony. My first real fic crush was Jamie, as played by Mandy Moore from "A Walk to Remember."

Posted Image

I think it was her intelligence, faith, and modesty all wrapped in a beautiful brown-haired package. (Got a thing for brunettes. :blush: )

Then there was a lesser version of this in Princess Euphemia Li Britannia from Code Geass. ​Though that was largely due to me identifying strongly with Sazaku, her knight and adoring the romance between them.

My next two were from the same game, but this one was even more feasible because the protagonist is supposed to be me.

Ashley Williams and Tali'Zorah Vas Normandy of Mass Effect.

I felt a strong connection with both of these characters. They both embodied ideal traits in what I sought in a woman. Again though, Commander Shepard was supposed to be me, so it didn't feel strange to develop an attraction to them, that's what Bioware wanted!

Then this show came and they all got blown out of the water for a character that created feelings in me with unbelievable potency.

Posted Image

My special somepony is my first waifu. (Rarity a close second.) I was a bit disturbed at first. I'd never felt these crush symptoms with such strength for someone that not only wasn't real but not even human! The fact that there was no male romantic partner for me to bounce my feelings off of didn't help. Then I came to terms with loving her because she was the archetype of feminine attraction to my Anima (Carl Jung, look it up.) As long as I didn't become delusional, no problem.

Steelquill, I was in fact more open to posting here after reading your theory a long while back. And just to bring this up, I too did love Annabeth and the whole Percy Jackson series.

Thrilled to know I helped. I was honestly expecting to get banned for it.

I have a huge crush on the Doctor's companion Donna when she became DoctorDonna (Doctor Who, season 4 episode 13, 'Journey's End'). Though that scene only lasted a short time, I absolutely loved it, and finally understood my girlfriend's crush on The Doctor. I was really saddened that she didn't get to stay like that... Nothing sexier than that Time Lord Consciousness... *growl*

• Brohoof 3

I have a huge crush on the Doctor's companion Donna when she became DoctorDonna (Doctor Who, season 4 episode 13, 'Journey's End'). Though that scene only lasted a short time, I absolutely loved it, and finally understood my girlfriend's crush on The Doctor. I was really saddened that she didn't get to stay like that... Nothing sexier than that Time Lord Consciousness... *growl*

Seconded! Not on the crush, (didn't last long enough as pointed out.) But I loved seeing what made Donna "special" after all those hints and build up. Also interesting to see the metaphorical demi-god within the show' setting. Lastly, it likewise pained me what happened. The poor Doctor just can't get a break can he?

I neither understand nor will ever understand crushes on fictional characters. It's not like I'm against it, but I prefer real life people.

I likewise prefer real life people. At least for me, the crush is just because the character is an idea. (Like all fictional characters.) In particular, that idea is what the viewer finds attractive. Not an attack, just an explanation.
  • Brohoof 1

Do you have a crush on any fictional characters from anything?

I have a MAJOR crush on Howard Wolowitz from The Big Bang Theory

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-i8MRnnbwA

And Stan from the show South Park

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWgNOAByFk

When I was a kid I loved Graystripe from this book series called Warriors by Erin Hunter XD

uuuummmm why wolowitz? he creeps me out....but i love that show!! im actually watchin it right now XD

when i was younger i had a crush on the sailor moon lol but thats it i prefer real people now XD except for rainbowdash and pinkiepie if they were the same pony...ahhhh the things i would do XD

Edited by !DJ J0KA!XD

I neither understand nor will ever understand crushes on fictional characters. It's not like I'm against it, but I prefer real life people.

It's just like having a crush on a celebrity or something. There's pretty much no real chance of you ever getting to meet them, never mind actually dating them, but it's just like "wow i like this person if they were real i would probably SMOOCH THEM something fierce."
  • Brohoof 1

Vanille from Final Fantasy 13. Oh. My. Gosh.

Posted Image

This girl is insanity. Game was horrible IMO, but I would play it just for her XD (Dun judge :P)

Looking back on it . . . the fact that she is very much like Pinkie (3rd on my pony crush totem pole) only adds points!

I likewise prefer real life people. At least for me, the crush is just because the character is an idea. (Like all fictional characters.) In particular, that idea is what the viewer finds attractive. Not an attack, just an explanation.

I can understand the idea that the viewer finds attractive, but not from actual experience. I've had feelings for fictional characters, but none of them were strong enough to account for any serious feelings. My feelings were things like, "Oh, something bad happened to that character. I feel for him/her." or "D'aaww. Fluttershy is so cute and adorable." Nothing more than that. I've viewed characters from shows as cute and/or attractive, but those attractions were only physical.

It's just like having a crush on a celebrity or something. There's pretty much no real chance of you ever getting to meet them, never mind actually dating them, but it's just like "wow i like this person if they were real i would probably SMOOCH THEM something fierce."

I've never had any crushes on fictional characters or celebrities since age seven because of the fact that you mentioned with having no real chance. I'd rather have a chance than have no chance at all. This is simply my preference.

• Brohoof 1

Debra Morgan from 'Dexter'

Bree from 'Desperate Housewives'

Alex Cabot from 'Law & Order SVU'

Tali Vas Normandy from 'Mass Effect'

I've had a lot of small little crushes throughout the years but these have stood the test of time. Love these characters and their respective actresses.

First fictional crush I remember:

Posted Image

Because of her, FFIV remains my favorite Final Fantasy of all time. I love my girls on the unusual side... and I definitely have a thing for green hair. :wub:

Bah, I know I had many more but now all I can think about is Rydia! Guess even after 20 years, I still have a crush on her. :lol:

Oh wait, now it is coming back to me... I also had a thing for cute martial arts girls from fighting games. Enter Ling Xiaoyu.

Posted Image

I love pigtails.

Then, anime decided to make my ultimate fictional girl:

Posted Image

Francesca Lucchini from Strike Witches. You'll note she has green eyes and hair like Rydia, pigtails like Xiaoyu, and in the anime whenever she uses magic she sprouts cat ears and a tail - I adore Nekomimi!! On top of that, she's a happy-go-lucky sort that falls asleep in random places, is very playful, and has that cute fang that is sometimes seen in anime.

By the way, I should warn you in case you feel like looking it up, Strike Witches is definitely NSFW and would surely receive a Mature rating in the U.S. Let's just say that likely due to their method of flying (they stick their legs in miniature versions of WWII planes), the girls in this anime do not wear skirts or pants. Look up at your own risk - expect Japanese weirdness.

• Brohoof 1

okay, just to get straight to the point, i had a rather... unhealthy, crush on Yoshi just some year ago.

lets just leave it at that.

oh, and also, i've had a minor one on Fluttershy when i first saw the show, but it subsided.

Edited by Princess Viscra Maelstrom
  • Brohoof 1

1. A humanized Cadpig (101 Dalmatians)

2. Brandy Harrington (Brandy and Mr. Whiskers)

3. A humanized Rainbow Dash

4. A humanized Lilly (Alpha and Omega)

5. A humanized Brittany (Alvin and the Chipmunks)

6. A humanized Apple Jack

The list goes on and on and on.

1. Cadpig

Posted Image

2. http://images.wikia.com/disney/es/images/1/1b/Brandy_Harrington.jpg

4. http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15600000/Lilly-alpha-and-omega-15662503-427-311.jpg

(Maybe it's just the way her hair/fur covers her right eye)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRocpgpdwXSii9wN-CIdN6ugVxflyg0qmqXrnz3FopcJdQTJpl7M0A512g

I have got a problem OKAY? ;)

uuuummmm why wolowitz? he creeps me out....but i love that show!! im actually watchin it right now XD

when i was younger i had a crush on the sailor moon lol but thats it i prefer real people now XD except for rainbowdash and pinkiepie if they were the same pony...ahhhh the things i would do XD

I'm not really sure, it's mostly his confidence that I like :P And yee it's a great show!!! :D

I had a huge crush on Princess Sally from the Sonic the Hedgehog Archie comics when I was like 6. I hit puberty real fast. <.<

That crush still goes on today though, just not in the "lol she has boobies" kind of way like back then. lol

I've also had crushes on Karin from Chibi Vampire and the computer girl from A.I.Love You (Forget her name, it's been years since I read it)