Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you tried to run away from home when you were little

Metallic Strings

Did you ever try to run away from home when you were little but came right back after little while. I tried to when I was 8 because I was mad at my parents over something(forgot what it was). I tried to go live with my uncle, but I went back when I was close to his house.

• Brohoof 1

All the time! Except for one thing: my parents called it "running away from home". Really, I was just exploring beyond the boundaries of my own neighborhood. This "exploring" eventually took/got me from my East Coast home all the way out to California! lol.

I've never tried; I'm not sure I ever even considered it. If I got close to considering, I had a nightmare about my mother kicking me and my siblings out. She would never do that, so I usually stayed home, haha.

My friend has; when she was little, she got upset about not being able to wear her favorite tights or something, wrote a "good-bye" note, and ran away. She got as far as the gas station before someone found her. Either that or she turned around.

No.  First of all, there wasn't anything to run from.  I didn't grow up in an abusive environment.  And I know that some kids run away even if they don't have a bad home life but here is my second point: I was too terrified of the outside world to run away.

I remember saying that I was going to when I was under the age of 10 or so, and bring all my toys along with me. Then my mum told me they'd have to stay at home and I'd have to leave my clothes behind too and go naked...

...change of plan... :P

• Brohoof 2

Yes I did. XD

also my dad did to but he took it to the next level!

When he was 8 he ran away from home 3 times!

He lived in Connecticut and first he whent across the state then go caught. Then half way across the U.S.!

Then all the way to Colorado!

All three time got caught by the cops.

Yep. I was about five I think, and I had gotten mad at my parents. I don't remember it too much, but I opened my window and dropped my bag out there. I walked outside, thinking they had no idea what I was doing. I actually started walking down the road to my best friend's (at the time) house. My mom actually had to come out to get me back after making a compromise with me or something. XD

When I was like, seven or so, I packed up and left. I wasn't even down the street when my mom lured me back in with promises of a peanut butter jelly sandwich. I was a hungry kid.

Sort of? When I was 7 or 8, I wandered off, but it was not because I grew up in an abusive environment. I ran away because one of my old friends lived just a few streets away from me, so I went to his house just to have fun with him. Naturally, my parents were very worried by the time I got back.

I wouldn't call it running away from home. But now, I have thoughts of walking somewhere by myself just to go on a personal adventure just so that I can have time to walk and think.

Edited by Poppy_The_Vixen

• 2 months later...

Yeah once when I was 8 and my younger brother was 6 we decided to run away and live at the beach... A 7 hour drive from our house. We got as far as the next neighborhood down before people driving by started stopping and asking us questions.

For some reason, I was envisioning us camping by the side of the highway as we travelled. We had no tent, backpack, means to start a fire, or anything besides the clothes on our back. :P It was a venture destined to fail.

Maybe.... If it counts as running away.

One day, I had enough of the fights with my mom, and I decided to sneak out of the house (At 7:30pm) and head into the forest that was somewhat near my house. I got insanely deep into the forest, and according to my watch I have been lost/in the forest for around an hour. I was positive that my family members gave up searching the house, plus it was late so I decided to head home once I was bored. (Plus I was scared of all the noises... I was afraid bears and wolves would attack me!) And I decided to search for the closest exit out of the forest. Long story short, an half an hour later I finally found an exit out and discovered that I was blocks away from my house, which in grand total would be another 40 minutes walk back. Once I finally got home, it was almost 10pm. Sooo yeah. Never trying that again.

Edited by _GLaDOS_

I usually just leave the house, go on small adventures or go other places, I tried "running away" when I was younger, can't remember why, but I was quickly caught in the drive way XD.