Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you dislike about your country.

Noei

11 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I dislike all the hate and discrimination that is going on in the USA. I dislike the hate towards religion, races, opposing political parties, Trump, LGBTQ, and so forth. I also dislike the USA's financial state right now, as there are problems with inflation, unemployment, and debt - I'm hoping it will get better over the next few years.

I can agree with you there. sighs

• Brohoof 1

Oh I made a post about that on the wrong thread. Here's just some of what's wrong in this f***ed country:

• The Bill of Rights CONSTANTLY gets battered by fake left liberals and right-wing conservatives alike. To the point that we hardly have even half of the rights we should be entitled to by them. But of course, our government is SO GOOD at trying to make things APPEAR better than they actually are.
  • The far right and the fake left have such a stranglehold on this country. And they're both EXCEPTIONALLY corrupt and hawkish.
  • We may have a lot of access to consumer goods, but their producers are not of even REMOTELY upstanding moral character.
  • "Seperation of church and state" is an utter joke. Literally EVERY PRESIDENT we've had has been a Christian... And no, that's not because they were just the best candidates. It's because the country has an inherent pro-Christian bias that can even be heard in our $#!+ pledge. And there's Christians who think they're suppressed because of their religion? What a joke.
  • The two-party system is a load of @$$... :dry: Can't we just, NOT have this red versus blue BS? Both teams are actually purple and they never knew it. Don't have such a surprised face, this is obvious to anyone who aren't brainwashed and actually paying attention.
  • The Electoral College. This system is not only outdated, but only serves as suppression to the people. In fact, the original purpose of it was actually to make the vote of the black person count for less, since every representative was white. The more you know, the more you wish you didn't.
  • Every single president we've had since LBJ has been at the least mediocre, if not bad.
  • Our healthcare system is a downright atrocity.
  • Our "news" isn't news. It's all fake left/right-wing propaganda.
  • The left is consistently suppressed from ever having a real chance at having any sort of influence over anything. My theory is that the Democrats are intentionally suppressing the left because "commies bad." (When anything left of center = commie to somebody, THAT should worry you.)
  • This country goes out of its way to harass and terrorize the rest of the world. Yes, I said terrorize, and yes I am implying what you think I am, because that's exactly what this hawkish nation does.

I really could go on, point is, this country is a lot worse than mainstream liberal yuppies and far right flagpole huggers would want you to believe. Such a shame that a country with such a nice concept behind it could get it so contorted to the point we become exactly what our Founding Fathers fought against (sort of... One of them actually started this downward spiral of our rights).

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

49 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

Seperation of church and state" is an utter joke. Literally EVERY PRESIDENT we've had has been a Christian... And no, that's not because they were just the best candidates. It's because the country has an inherent pro-Christian bias that can even be heard in our $#!+ pledge. And there's Christians who think they're suppressed because of their religion? What a joke. 

There's nothing wrong with our presidents being Christian. But I do agree that there is a problem. I think that problem is that candidates/presidents are pressured to present themselves as Christian. Usually when someone says they're a Christian, I'll take them at face value... But when Trump claims he's a Christian? I don't know, everything about his beliefs seems fake to the core. He's pandering to the Religious Right, because he knows it's a bulk of his support.

The Religious Right believes that they are oppressed unless they control the government and enforce their brand of right-wing Christianity on everyone. Hence the fact that our country had to pretend that there was actually legitimate opposition to same-sex marriage for quite some time.

The pledge and our national motto were changed during the Cold War. They originally made no references to God. I have no clue how that has ever stood muster. It's blatantly obvious how wrong it is. I'd say that that's minor, and it relatively is... But if you ask people on the street, a lot of them don't even know anything. They don't know that the motto and pledge were changed to add references to God and instead think that they have always been that way. While still very minor compared to the big separation of church and state violations (like those which allow discrimination) the collective ignorance of a lot of the US populace, leads a large number of people to believe that belief in God is fundamentally American, and that is obviously very problematic. The USA is supposed to be a country of freedom of religion. Believing in what you want to is what is American. Or that's how I was raised.

49 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

The Electoral College. This system is not only outdated, but only serves as suppression to the people. In fact, the original purpose of it was actually to make the vote of the black person count for less, since every representative was white. The more you know, the more you wish you didn't.

Yeah, it needs to go. Right now because I live in a solidly Republican state, my presidential votes hold absolutely no power. Heck, when you think about it no one's actually does. And ultimately it feels pointless to vote unless you're in a swing state.

It should be one vote per person. The feeling of not being held back by my crappy state would be quite something... To think if my vote actually counted. I am NOT my state. I am an individual. **** my state.

Edited by Envy

The loss of civil liberties is a main one and has already been covered by some on here.

Something I find specifically disappointing/depressing is the continued destruction of rural land and its dark skies, aka urban sprawl. With the big money from developers, it's no wonder politicians don't care.