Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you dislike about your country.

Noei

And for Mexico, drug wars, the Cartel, gang violence and poor government. It's pretty much why I never visit anymore

I have hispanic ethnicty, and my mom dreams to visit Mexico. From what I heard (some of them from Mexican immigrants no less), I always express my disagreement, precisely for high crime rate >_> (I mean, I lived in a high crime rate ghetto before college, WHY IN THE HELL I'LL WILLINGLY GO TO SPEND MY VACATION SOMEWHERE WHERE CRIME RULES? I'd rather spent them in my campus, hay, even not having vacations sounds better  >_> )

One of my least favorite things about America is the media and horrendous celebrity worship. Here in America it seems the worst stuff is promoted, the news is just corrupt and biased, and things like magazines are mostly terrible. On top of this, it seems money and celebrity status is valued more than anything, but at the same time this country tries to glorify so many things while seeming hypocritical. In the end it is the rich and famous that get worshipped, even if what some of them do is nothing special.

I hope that makes any sense. That is just one of many, many things I do not like about this country. I also REALLY dislike the general public in this country so there is that.

Yeah, It's sickening that news regarding the famous are far more important than...... really important stuff  >_>

Over-the-top amounts of patriotism and stubborness. Some people around here will defend their redundant arguments again and again even when all evidence points at the other side.

Worst of all, that makes them thing they're intelligent, but in truth, that makes them easy to manipulate for interest of the government

• Brohoof 1

The fact that neither of the two major political parties in my country align with me ideologically.

Paternalistic/tyrannical government policies/laws and the seeming lack of regard for individual freedom (war on drugs, LGBT discrimination, selective service)

• Brohoof 1

What do I dislike about America....

Well:

I hate how the government is full of crap. Period. all the lying, manipulating bull-crap that they've been doing for years now.

I hate how the people have become lazy, arrogant, ignorant people who seem to be so content with living the life of a slave. Oh I'm sorry: Life of a "Free" man/woman. Because 'Murica amirite??....

I hate how talking about certain things like Aliens for example, or any kind of conspiracy theory is some form of serious "Taboo" subject and is looked down upon and scorned.

I hate how people who may be a little different in some way/view things differently are looked at as freaks, and people who have some form of "mental sickness" or whatever. (Autism/Aspergers comes to mind here.)

I think its ridiculous that ones "political standpoint/view" or whatever is of any importance. I don't understand why it matters to some people.

I also find government/military worship to be irritating.

That's all I can think of for now. ^.^

Edited by baltosaa
  • Brohoof 2

Canada's got a serious drug problem...and we could definitely afford to treat Aboriginals better.

But honestly, I don't think my city is a good representation of the rest of Canada. It's pretty bad here...well, for Canada.

tumblr_inline_mghtft9kWl1r9g3ys.jpg

Oh, also, the oil sands. I don't care how many jobs its creating. We used to be proud of our environmental friendliness, but now we're doing things like backing out of the Kyoto protocol and making money out of plastic (although I don't know enough about the old minting process to really complain about it).

I'm also disappointed by the fact that we actually import bottled water and lumber from other countries. If you wanna talk about creating jobs, there's step one: Stop importing resources we already have plenty of.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

Wait...dislike something about 'Murica? Ha, surely you're kidding. 

On a more serious note, there are tons of things that I dislike about the US. I'm just too lazy to post them all. 

Edited by Mikami

• Weather. Usually raining in this sodding country, although admittedly the last few days have been pretty sunny or at least somewhat clear, which was cool.
  • The promiscuity, delinquency and disorderliness of many of my peers throughout secondary school (high school equivalent in case Americans are reading), this has lessened somewhat as I've started university though.
  • Food. I've travelled to almost thirty different foreign countries and in the vast majority of cases I'm embarrassed by how poor our cuisine is comparatively (even the general food you buy in supermarkets is superior in a lot of countries). It's also shocking how much of the normal shop-bought food is genetically modified in some way...
  • The government. I could write for hours about why this is an issue but essentially they're not creating a bright future or many interesting prospects for individuals like myself who are interested in finding jobs after graduation - in fact I'd say the exact opposite, that things will be harder financially for my generation than they have been for quite some time.

I live in the United Kingdom. I would absolutely love to move somewhere different in a few years, since while I do acknowledge that there are benefits to me being born and raised in such a country, I absolutely hate it here. I suppose a lot of the points I'd mentioned above could be applicable to a whole host of other countries in different scenarios though, maybe it's just the "grass is always greener on the other side" effect and I should get on with things. :(

I live in America and their is many things I personally hate about it. Mostly the government. Can't get anything done, they don't listen to the people anymore, and they keep fighting like elementary school kids about their opinions. Another reason would be how many american people are now lazy and a bit ignorant. 

The things I dislike about my country is the way the United States has gone since the 1990's. We used to be a country where respect was paramount. Nowadays having a job that used to command respect such as a police officer is seen as shameful. Also, when people started to applaud the masses for disrespecting the flag of the country by trampling it, peeing on it and burning it disgusted me. American's have died for that flag, and to dishonor the flag is dishonoring all of the veterans who went ahead and paved the way. I lost a few good friends in Afghanistan, so I might be a little jaded about the freedom of speech in regards to the flag. My thoughts are if you're an American, you should be proud of your damn national flag. It's not a perfect country, but we try. Also, when thousands applaud the executions of police officers in broad daylight is truly disgusting. I am quite certain not a single one of them have ever had to carry a loaded weapon and go to work knowing full well it could be their last day on earth. Before people start raging on police officers, I want you to remember this. Police officers are human beings, with families, friends, hobbies, and they have their own unique special traits and talents. 

The censorship and their attempt to defend against piracy. Everything is quite expensive down in Australia, so it is very common for people to pirate movies, games, etc. It's quite a problem here. So in an attempt to 'stop piracy', the government has opted to things such as free viewing of metadata, and allowing companies just about free reign to sue anybody who pirates. There's also fat taxes on just about anything, ramping up the prices.

Now, the obvious solution is to make things more affordable. Lower the taxes(there is really no reason why they need to be so high), and work to find ways to bring the cost of content to a more acceptable value(again, lowering taxes on it(both consumer and company side) will result in companies not having to hike up the cost, and thus allowing more consumers the ability to buy it).

But no. Currently they're more interested in how much money they can stuff into their pockets before being ultimately pushed out of their seat(only to be reinstated by the same group that dropped them, a couple years later).

Also to note that the whole metadata issue poses a big worry about how much they can control. If I recall correctly, on a whim a person with the right authority(someone as simple as a cop with a warrant from a local judge) can order my ISP to provide all my to-and-from links across the internet. In theory they can see that I visited this page, and thus can see that I wrote about this complaint, and thus could potentially arrest me under unlawful activities(because apparently speaking about certain things in a negative light can be grounds for whistleblowing).

GG

too many people complaining and not doing a damned thing about it.

How dare i take pride in my nation!

I rose my right hand and swore an oath to defend the United States of America from all enemies foreign and domestic, though the biggest danger is probably inside our borders, and we are more than likely ready for it, after a decade of guerilla warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

• Brohoof 1

I dislike lots of things about Hungary.... Some less serious and some more serious stuff.

Here's a list because lists are fun. From the least serious to the most serious issue.

• Fashion choices. Not the slightest originality can be seen anywhere, every single person looks the same. Well, it may be because you can buy the same crap in every singe shophere...
  • Lack of anime and cosplay stores. Of course, there are one or two, but they are really low quality and small.
  • Lack of manga avaiable in bookstores. It's not fair that you can actully buy good manga in Germany, but only mainstream shoujo and shounen in Hungary... There aren't many series published, and there are only three I actually find interesting. Oh, and you want to start reading a manga with lots of volumes published? to bad, you can't buy any volumes that are before the 10th.
  • Renovations. I am not sure if it's just the capital city, or the whole country, but the government is always renovating something, so that my trip to school every morning is twice as long as it should be.
  • Education system. Plainly horrible. Government has too much controll over it.
  • Government hating bilingual schools. That's right, they don't want us to learn language well.
  • Government. I just hate the government. All they do is lie and steal. And build pointless stadions. And make more taxes.
  • Racism and lack of tolerance. Hungary is one of the most racist countries. And they usually don't support LGBT rights. And they say i am crazy for liking MLP, though I think this is like this in every country.

So that's about all i can think for now... Sure there are more, but those are harder to explain.

It's a good thing that there is an increasing rate of interracial marriage in America.

Why? It's about as "good" as if interracial marriage were to decrease; it is of no moral consequence. 

It's upsetting how arrogant people can be. There are still people who are stuck in a colonial mindset who falsely think of India and Nigeria as poor and underdeveloped, despite the fact that both countries have made exceptional progress after independence and have become far wealthier.

It's not a false belief. India and Nigeria are very poor.

Not sure why knowing about a country's economic situation is indicative of a colonialist mindset.

• 1 month later...
I live in England... I'm okay with the weather here, unlike lots of people (rain is lovely  :wub:), but I hate that there's never enough snow in winter. ;-; Though to be fair, I don't think that problem applies to that much of England. :huh: I also dislike the attitudes of some of the people here- the 'lads' and politiicans especially- but I guess I'll always feel overly negative about people IRL, no matter where I go. x3

• Brohoof 1

The fact that people think Chechnya is a better place now and should not be more centralized with the government. They literally cant be looked away from for one second without it trying to create Sharia Law.