Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your self esteem like? Has it changed?

iceestarz

I think it just comes and goes, though most of the time I'm not proud of myself :wacko:. It's probably been the same always.

My self-esteem is really low. I don't think I'm good at anything, and there a lot of flaws in my personality as well. I hate myself so much -_-

And yet I love you so very much for all your good traits ;):).

My self esteem has been pretty much the same, staying somewhere below average.

Although I do acknowledge that I am good at some things, I don't feel that I am worth very much. I'm able to excel at many different things, but it's useless because I can hardly ever get myself to do anything. I want to change but I can't change...

I had big issues with my self-esteem. I always had this "condition" where you look younger than what you should, leading people to bully me around for being a "dwarve", bad at sports or such. This kept going for years until I finally tried to avoid taking them seriously, even to the point where they stopped doing it. I became friends with some of them after this, but I never fully recovered. Everytime someone mocks me or mistakes my actual age I feel like garbage. This led me to have a social life based in online friends (I hang out with some of them from time to time) and few irl friends. I rarely go outside with them, and I have serious issues when it comes about talking to people my age.

Some people just want to see you on your knees, I'll never understand why, but sadly, it's a true fact. They hurt you, scar you for life, and they don't care. They just feast over your sadness and failure, proud of their work. And the worst part is that they will forget about it instantly, but you'll carry the pain and humiliation for the rest of your life.

Edited by ShadowBeam
  • Brohoof 1

I think my self-esteem is and has always been in the average. There are many things I like and dislike about me, so they offset each other.

Edited by Blobulle

My self esteem is pretty low, though I'm trying to work on it and become a better person.  Funny, I hoped to have things straightened out by now when I was younger but I still have a ways to go.

• Brohoof 1

Right now it is better than ever ! :)

I don't care anymore about other people, I have my goal and the only way to achieve it is to be confident in my own self. So many times, I hated myself so hard for failing at the very end. But that was not my fault. That was only caused because my goal was wrong. I was wrong and deep inside I was feeling sick and tired because I was running after something I didn't want.

Now that I know what I want and what I am supposed to do, and who I am, I feel better. Because I know that I won't get through this life by relying on something else than myself. I am confident in myself. I know I must, I know I do, I know I will. That's the only way and I am more determinated than ever to keep it that way. :)

Mine was low when I was young. Facing and conquering challenges and doing difficult things that I ended up being proud of changed that. I've never been one to back away from a challenge and that made all the difference for me. Yeah, it's been a lot of work but it's been worth it because, in the end, I'm happy, content and satisfied with who and what I am.

My self esteem was at rock bottom six years ago, after I dropped out of college.  I hope to never again feel as miserable as I did back then.  It sloooowly crept upward, as I changed my habits and grew as a person on the whole.  There were some bad experiences along the way, but my self esteem has never been as high as it is, now, and I feel that there's a great deal I can accomplish if I put effort into it.

Well, it's a lot better than when I joined this website, the only thing I'm insecure of is my looks, but even then, that's still a bit rare. Overall, I really think I have a likable personality and am not hard to befriend.

Difficult to say. My confidence is far higher than it ever has been in the past, but I don't know if my self-esteem is. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of myself or anything like that, but I am a pretty firm believer in other people's dissatisfaction with me for a host of reasons, despite efforts to overcome them. Apathy, I suppose. Combine that with high amounts of frustration creating a refusal to take shit off of anyone anymore, and it may seem that I have a higher sense of self-esteem than I do.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have very little self-esteem but I'm still proud of what few good qualities I have, and the few accomplishments I have made. However, I'm starting to care less and less about what anyone thinks of me, which is very slowly raising my self-esteem.

Well, it has sometimes changed. I always had a lot of self-esteem when I was little, however, during the 7th grade, my self-esteem plummeted, it rose up again during 8th grade but plummeted again (even farther) down during the 9th grade. I've gotten it back now but I sometimes beat my self up (not literally though) for not something good enough.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :3

My self esteem is at an all new high right now because of reasons :3

Its fun  :lol: 

Edited by bonamb

Oh my self esteem has taken a ginormous blow recently, and I'm not sure how long it'll be till I can feel good about myself again, till I can stop hating myself :( -_-

• 3 years later...

Well... I always seemed to hate myself, and I don't think my view would ever change. I am a disappointment to everyone because of the mistakes I always make. I'm uninteresting, unlikable and useless. I just don't deserve to live.

Edited by Midnight Solace