Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video Game Nostalgia thread

supernova141

When I was a kid, video games looked like this:

post-26550-0-69832300-1422661860_thumb.png

And it was AWESOME!  Maybe we heard the words "graphics" or "bits" here and there, but we didn't care.  Or necessarily know what those things were. xD  We knew that we could press the side of the cross-thingy and hold down the dash button and make something that sort-of resembled a man "go over."

• Brohoof 3

I hope I'm not alone on this one:

img-3458496-1-yl1FCFA.jpg

I thought I recognized Dark Cloud. I liked the second more but the first was very nice too. I liked building those towns or whatever. I always had everything set up just right with straight rows and houses looking nice.

I've played a lot of games in my time. Pokemon Yellow, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 2, Final Fantasy X, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Sonic the Hedgehog, Eternal Arcadia.....and lots more. None can truly be forgotten because they were always grand games and because they were there when I was younger. Games just aren't the same and remembering these games helps me to remember what gaming used to be.

• Brohoof 1

I thought I recognized Dark Cloud. I liked the second more but the first was very nice too. I liked building those towns or whatever. I always had everything set up just right with straight rows and houses looking nice.

The second one was also great, but the whole "take pictures of everything" system made it seem like a chore.

Still, fantastic atmosphere

• Brohoof 1

The second one was also great, but the whole "take pictures of everything" system made it seem like a chore.

Still, fantastic atmosphere

I think the gameplay was good. But it was a long time ago. I unfortunately only vaguely recall it.

• Brohoof 1

These guys ring a bell to anyone?

tumblr_lzymaeHap41qml0vwo1_500.jpg

Seriously, I love these guys, they made so many wonderful adventure games. Despite the fact that the years have caught up with them, they've got a certain charm that I just can't help but smile at. The Backyard Sports games were the ones I went back to the most, 'cause it was like I actually was playing a cartoon, rather than just watching them on TV. If you haven't experienced HE's greatness, the adventure and arcade games are on Steam now for cheap! Give 'em a go, and if you have any, bring your kids along for the ride too.

• Brohoof 5

I don't really do nostalgia. I'm too busy actively finding more games to play. That isn't to say I don't go back and replay older games and a lot of my favorite franchises are upwards to ten, fifteen and twenty years old now but I don't have time to look back and think "man, that game was awesome" when I can play new games every day.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

When I was very young (6,7 and 8 years old)

I did not had consoles, I played really cool games on PC and Macintosh

On Mac I remember playing those two underatted Mac games:

Spectre:

I remember playing this game on a mac way back, the gameplay was really simple and the graphics look really simple and fun looking.

PacMac Deluxe:

ah this game, apparently it was limited to 9999 copies, but my family had one way back. It was a funny game with funny sound effects, mainly because of the "I Feel Good" song playing when you collect pills.

Edited by ObliveonVortex
  • Brohoof 1

HA! NÖRD!

yes, i am just guessing that you're Swedish because of your username.

I'm not from Sweden; I live in America. My ancestry is Swedish though and I have a fascination with the country and it's culture. :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not from Sweden; I live in America. My ancestry is Swedish though and I have a fascination with the country and it's culture.  :D

Haha, cool! 
what is your ancestors last name and where did they come from? (is this to of topic?)

Edited by Celeryjack
  • Brohoof 2

2511451-banjo+(1).jpg

These two were basically the highlights of my childhood, fantastic games all around (until they were bought by microsoft that is...) and I still go back to play them at least once a year. I'm so glad that the spiritual successor on kickstarter got backed, it looks like it will be everything that made Banjo great! (If you don't know what I am talking about look up Yooka-Laylee, old Rare devs are teaming up to make a new game like Banjo Kazooie!)

• Brohoof 1