Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Witch Hunter: Inermis

The Elusive Cinder

Ivondras Zúr

@@Evilshy

@

@@FirstPonySpectre

"Listen!"

The moment Tathla started speaking, Ivon stepped back as quickly as he could and sheathed both of his blades. Even though they had only just begun sparring, he knew that when Tathla demands your attention, you shut up and listen. Besides that he had an enormous amount of respect for the man. Intently listening to what he was saying, he tried to retain as much of the information as he could, even though he would most likely only misinterpret it or even forget it all. His eyebrows frowned, he showed no excitement, fear or any emotion besides seriousness.

Talking to people was not something Ivon was exceptionally good at. It usually devolved to giving orders or uttering threats very quickly, since he couldn't handle unreasonable and uncooperative folks. And these tainted lands were bound to be full of them. Full of quick witted merchants and stubborn farmers, cunning thieves and sassy young ladies who thought they could stand in his way. To Ivondras, it was very simple. You either cooperated and stayed out of his way, or you will add to the number of his 'innocent' casualties. Some people thought they could outsmart him, and maybe that was true, maybe... But he had yet to meet one who could outsmart his blades.

"We'll continue this later..." He simply muttered to Gron with something that could be interpreted as a smile, but it looked like Ivondras hadn't had a lot of experience with smiling, or any facial expression besides frowning. As he said that, he went upstairs and down to shore. Thankful that he was finally on solid ground again, he bathed in the bright sunlight for a moment. He didn't smile, but he did feel happy. His eyes were closed as he turned his face to the sun. Then he frowned, and suddenly his face was full of disgust and hatred. "This town reeks... I can smell the taint. It's not this town... The land." He looked around, as if he were looking for the source of a sound or a smell. His mood worsened immediately. Time for enjoying the scenery was over.

"The town centre is where we shall go." Ivondras declared, and he immediately started moving. "Gron, please come with me. You seem like a fair fighter." He said quite plainly. Ordering others around was in his nature, even if he wasn't exactly the best at it. "You, with the silver tongue and the masked face..." He pointed at masquerade. He had heard him talk as he had been sparring with Gron, since he was always aware of his surroundings. Masquerade seemed like a man that could bend other people's will, and set them to his hand. Ivon could do this as well, but with significantly less subtlety. In fact, it usually ended in his target running away or dying one way or another. "You must be good at manipulating others. Come with us. You can gather our answers and locate the foul mutant sorcerers."

It seemed like Ivon had actually quite intelligently came up with a plan, but he was actually following a simple protocol that he had learned in his many years of training. He learned that persuasion was usually a much better method than intimidation, if it was applicable to the situation. Masquerade could do the persuading, and if that didn't work he could always resort the the method he was far more comfortable with. He was already moving for the town center, assuming that the others would follow him.

@@Scribblegroove, @@Windbreaker@Evilshy,

Joel began to head off the ship, walking next to Aaren. From the moment he stepped off the ship a sudden gust of wind struck Joel causing his trench coat to flutter in the wind like a cape. Joel put a hand on his fedora to make sure it didn't fly off. The gust passed and when it did Joel heard someone call out to him, referring to him as the one with the 'white mask'. 

"Well, it looks like you're popular." Julia remarked when the rather demanding man called out to Joel.

"Let's be honest, when am I not." Joel replied, smirking whilst thinking.

"Sounds like he's figured you out already." She informed Joel with a sense of cautiousness.

"Yes, it does. But he seems to have a rather large ego. An ego I can use to my advantage." Joel said with confidence. 

"Look who's talking..." 

"Well of course I have an ego, if I didn't I wouldn't have the confidence to do half the things I do."

"Ehhhh, point taken." Julia agreed in a defeated tone. 

Turning to Aaren, Joel laughed a bit. "It'd appear I'm being summoned, and I'm not one to decline an invitation. We can become better acquainted with one another later." Joel informed the man, as he gave a polite bow before walking over to the rather tough looking men who called him. He quickly remembered that these were the two men who had been sparring earlier. 

"These guys look tough." 

"It won't be a problem if they never have the excuse to fight me, right?"

"I suppose. Just be careful, they look quick to anger."

"Advice noted."

Joel approached the two, a smirk on his face. "I heard you call me. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Masquerade, and whom may you two be?" 

Aaren Grey

@@FirstPonySpectre@@SilverHeart

Aaren shrugged as Masquerade walked off. While he did reason that it wouldn't be good to isolate himself from the other hunters, he wasn't fond of the bald guy and didn't really want to spend much time around him. Didn't really want to hang around the hot-headed girl, either. But there he went, putting himself before others. If there was anyone else who hadn't teamed up, he'd wait for them. It was probably for the best if he had backup anyway.

He approached the other girl of the group. He spoke pleasantly and calmly, smiling warmly to help ease initial tension. "Hello. Name's Aaren. I was going to start investigating in the town centre and was wondering if you'd like to come along. Just good to have backup, you see."

Gron

Gron shrugged and nodded. He would enjoy sparring with Ivon again. He donned his coat and put his shield on a strap on the back, and slung the supply pouch over his shoulder. Stepping off the boat, he blinked a few times at the bright light, and looked around. It wasn't much, and everything seemed either ancient, broken, or a bit shoddy. Well, these people are fighting evil here, so I guess they can't spend so much time making things look nice. He turned when he heard Ivondras call his name and followed him without much thought. He was used to doing what people told him, being more of a muscle than brains guy.

When the masked hunter greeted them, Gron smiled and held out his hand. "I am Gron, pleased to meet you. I think I may have seen you a few times before."

Looking him up and down, he remembered his unique style of dress. Gron snorted softly when he eyed his weapons. "I see you fight from a distance. Too weak to fight head on?" He waited a second, then burst out laughing. "It's a joke! Can't count on the witches to fight fair, can we?"

(dat TF2 reference :P)

@@Evilshy,

"Didn't expect this man to be so... friendly." Julia remarked with a subtly shock.

"Nor did I." Joel agreed, just as shocked.

Joel reached his arm out and grabbed onto Gron's for a handshake. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Gron." Joel said with a kind, yet suave tone. His eyes studying Gron's outfit, noticing he's quite bulked out with a large shield belted to his back. It was clear to Joel that this man was very strong, and physical strength, though not as important as mental prowess to Joel, was still a trait Joel found useful in others. 

The slight jest that Gron had poked Joel with caused Joel to smile because, quite frankly, Gron wasn't exactly wrong. "Of course can't. Exactly the reason I use these rather easy to conceal weapons. I prefer to lure my targets into a false sense of security just before I stab them in the back."  Joel chuckled as he gazed at his pistol, and crossbow, though not drawing any attention to the dagger hidden between his back and his trench coat. "It's not necessarily the most honorable method but it gets the job done, am I right?"

Edited by FirstPonySpectre

@@FirstPonySpectre

Ivondras Zúr

"It's not necessarily the most honorable method but it gets the job done, am I right?"

"No... you are not." Ivondras said, ignoring the friendly greeting and his question about his name. Without taking his gaze off the path in front of him and the town around him. "It would be wiser to arm yourself with real weapons and learn how to fight with them. It is much more efficient." claimed, and he believed solemnly in it. Looking over his shoulder briefly he frowned at Masquerade. "Though if you haven't trained yourself with proper weaponry you must indeed work with what you do have..." He admitted. "I suspect you will not be of much use in combat, but as a speaker, you might prove much more competent." He reasoned out loud. Throughout all of this, Ivondras didn't make it seem like an insult at all. There was no contempt in his voice whatsoever. He was simply stating things as he saw them. Clearly he was oblivious to the many uses of Masquerades specific skillset.

As they neared the town centre Ivondras slowed down, gesturing his companions to do so as well. "Well then..." He said as he looked around. Looking back at Masquerade he asked him a question. "Where do you propose we start?" He asked him because he knew that Masquerade would probably know a lot more about invesitagion of this social kind. Even though he couldn't come up with a plan himself, he wasn't ashamed. After all, it was not his area of expertise to go around interviewing people. If they had an approximate direction towards the witch, he'd be able to find it sooner than later.

Alice Mare

After wandering around for a bit and looking at the signs on stores and buildings as she passed by, Alice got hungrier and hungrier by the second. That beef jerky was disgusting - she was never a fan of it but she had no choice. Now it was upsetting her stomach and she felt that maybe at least some juice could help her out. Would this place even have juice? She shook her head, thinking it not possible. She looked at the signs again and saw a restaurant across the street, but didn't feel like eating a meal despite how starving she was. Alice kept walking toward to where she hoped was where the sweet shop was when she finally reached the center of the town. There were a few people here already, but she didn't want to ask for help - she would look stupid.

To her liking, Alice finally saw a sign for a small snack shop near the town centre - finally! She ran inside excitedly and explored its insides - there wasn't much. She looked at a menu on a chalkboard - well, there were cookies and ice cream. She's never tried ice cream before - she heard there was one flavor - what was it called again? Vanilla? - and she's always wanted to try it since it was invented. Without thinking and sparkling eyes, she stared at the person behind the counter. "Something sweet, on the double!"

Port Town of N'herr.
Town Center.

It is a short distance to the center of the port town. The path forks a few times as you walk but aside from houses and the occasional chicken, there is nothing in particular of intrest down the vatious paths. It appears that the buildings towards the towns outskirts are mostly housing of varying quality, while those closer to the center are mostly traders and the like.

You do note however, that the town appears to be enclosed by a wall of large, sturdy looking grey bricks. It stands just slightly higher than the buildings inside, and while it wasn't easily visible from the dock, glimpses of it between buildings as you walk suggest that it likely surrounds the whole town.

@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Windbreaker,
@@SilverHeart,
(Intellect >= 3)

It is unusual that such a small town would have the resources to construct such a solid looking defence - especially since it is such a stark contrast to the wooden buildings within it. While the town is clearly very old, the wall seems to have been built much more recently.

Four main roads appear to run through the town from the north, east, south and west, all leading to this centeral trading area. As you approach from the southern road the path rapidly improves as you draw close to the town center: quickly becoming a worn but well cared for cobblestone road. At the very center of town it forms a large circle, containing an open air market at it's center. On the outer edge of the road, large buildings bear various signs advertising wares and services.

The largest building in the area is clearly a tavern: three floors high and taking up a sizeable area of land, it likely also serves as the towns Inn. The windows are a little grimy, but overall it seems well cared for. Beside this is a smaller building that seems to be a bakery judging by the smell of fresh bread coming from an open window.

The most well presented building in the area is signposted as 'Ivans Emporium of Wonders' and has a large number of strange paintings, books written in unusual languages and unusual trinkets on display In the window.

There is a building that seems to be a carpenters, however it is closed. Wooden boards on the windows suggest that it has been this way for some time, and is not likely to reopen anytime soon.

Finally, the market itself takes up most of the center of town: stalls of every size and colour are selling all kinds of produce. Most are food of various kinds, but with a little searching you might find anything. It is a little crowded but you shouldn't struggle to move around, even as a group.

@@Scribblegroove, @@Evilshy,

"This is very strange." Joel thought to himself.

"Yeah, this Ivon guy is kind of weird." Julia replied with a jest.

"No, not that. The walls. Their clearly new. Can't you tell?" Joel informed the voice

"Now that you mention it, they do look rather out of place." 

"Why would a small town like this need such solid defenses, and more importantly, where did they get the resources? Something isn't right here."

"Perhaps there is a threat outside of the town."

"That's probably the best start we have. I'm sure the barkeeper at the tavern should have some extensive information about any rumors circulating from any traders passing through."

"Good thought."

Joel turned to Ivon, a satisfied grin on his face. "The tavern, obviously. Bartenders tend to hear a lot of rumors from any travelers or residents. After all, a drunk man's talk is a sober man's thoughts." Joel informed him as he pointed towards the large three story building 

"Aren't you going to tell this Ivon fella that he's wrong about your set of skills being useless?" Julia questioned curiously.

"I think it's better if he remains clueless, don't you think? I'll have him wrapped around my finger in no time." Joel answered, smirking a bit as he thought. 

N'herr Bakery.

@,

While not a sweet shop as such, the bakery did indeed have an array of treats lined up alongside the more mundane pastries and breads. A few small cakes were decorated simply with white and pink icing, among other things.

"Something sweet? Anything at all dearie? Well that's easy enough..." A kindly voice answered from behind the wooden counter as the figure of an aging woman turned to look at her newest customer. She looked a cheerful sort, but her warm smile fades slightly when she lays eyes on you. He voice becomes strained and her eyes narrow a little.

Reaching behind the counter, she wordlessly pulls out two iced rolls of sweetbread and a paper bag - all the while eyeing this stranger with great suspicion.

"That'll be a gold piece." She said tersely, placing the two rolls inside the bag.

@,

Alice Mare

Alice was a little confused at how this shopkeeper was actingg towards her. It can't be because of the swords on her back - it's not like Alice would murder the poor woman over two sweetrolls. She decided to attempt to calm the woman's nerves a bit - Alice thought that she won't get her snacks if she didn't - by giving her a small smile before digging around her bag for a gold piece. Alice gave the woman the piece and grabbed the bag. "Th-thank you! I will come back again. Maybe. Probably." Alice nodded, slowly backing away out the door in case the old lady wanted to say anything.

The advice given by Hunter Tathla seemed pretty standard, it wasn't anything she hadn't heard before. Though that was most likely because that sort of advice was the best for apprentices. It would be prudent to be cautious here, it's been too long since the Witch Hunters had any real presence on this island at all. Some of the people might not even remember the organization. Then again, who knos, maybe the name will still carry enough wait that they will be able to act freely. 

SIlne followed behind the others, grabbing her leather coat and hastily pulling it over the chain armor. It felt awkward to be wearing a coat over the rest of her armor, almost a little restricting. It's something she will need to get used to though, hopefully it'd be broken in by the time they move on from this town. Silne was the last to make her way off of the ship. Regardless of the fact this wasn't her favorite weather but being out of the cargo hold felt absolutely wonderful. 

He approached the other girl of the group. He spoke pleasantly and calmly, smiling warmly to help ease initial tension. "Hello. Name's Aaren. I was going to start investigating in the town center and was wondering if you'd like to come along. Just good to have backup, you see."

Silne turned her attention to the other apprentice, "Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you. You can call me Silne. Pleasure to meet you." The woman politely smiled at Aaren. "I believe that will work, so long as we can stop at a few shops along the way."

(OOC: Short post because I lack time and need to get to working on school stuff but would like to keep us moving.)

Aaren Grey

@@SilverHeart,

"Nice to meet you too, Silne. I'm sure we can arrange a visit to the shops in town. Might as well begin our investigation there, in fact." Aaren said. It was a good idea, since the tavern and the local shop were probably breeding grounds for rumours. Not a bad place to start looking for leads. "If you're ready, miss Silne, we should depart for the town."

---

Approaching the town, Aaren noticed the wall. It seemed...off somehow. Like it was built recently. "Is it just me or does the wall seem newer than the buildings?"

Alice Mare

All Alice wanted was to get out of the bakery and avoid any conversation with that lady. Geez, what's her problem? She didn't do anything wrong - Alice was pretty sure she didn't look suspicious in any way either. This new place had horrible customer service, that's for sure.

Popping a roll into her mouth, Alice began to look for any of the others to rub it in. There were a lot - a lot of people though - at least to her due to her height - so she decided to explore a bit more. There weren't any other stores that were particularly interesting to her except for a few other stores selling snacks. She was already tired from walking so she decided to go find the nearest bench and see if she could spot anyone from the ship. Not that she wanted to actually talk to them, of course. She was just bored. Honestly, she figured fighting a bunch of witches would be fun - instead of just lazing around at home or doing chores. Alice frowned - she didn't hear of any witches yet.

@@FirstPonySpectre,@@Evilshy

"As you suggest..."

He stood still for a moment, with a determined look on his face... But then he looked around in slight confusion. Then he frowned and looked at Masquerade again. Without the slightest hint of embarrassment in his voice and with no gene in his expression, he asked:

"What is a tavern? Where can we find one..."

Having close to zero experience with civilization in general, having lived either in a chapel, in exile or in the academy for all of his life, he had no clue what all of these things even were. Either he had read or heard about it somewhere and forgotten, or there had simply never been a point in his life where a 'Tavern' had been and important point of information to him. What he did know of were armories, barracks and training grounds. "Perhaps we can find a commander or general of troops at the local barracks, or a quartermaster. Those kind of men usually know lots of local lore and news..." Again he frowned. "Am I correct?" he asked masquerade again.

One thing was clear. Ivondras was an alien to this world, and this world was alien to him.

"This man doesn't know what a tavern is? Where has he been living?" Julia questioned, a bit shocked.

"Well, looks like we found a sheep who strayed from the herd. Guess I'll have to play the role of shepherd now." Joel smirked as he tapped his fingers on his flintlock.

"What are you talking about? You don't know how to herd sheep." Julia asked, even more confused than before.

"What I mean is I'll be the one to teach him how this world works, and in turn, gain his trust." Joel said, his smirk vanishing in a slight embarrassment of his other half's small incompetence. 

"But he seems to know what a barracks is." She pointed out, obviously trying to divert Joel away from her misinterpretation 

"Well, I'm not surprised. No matter where one comes from there always tends to be an military, or guard of some kind."

"Point taken, I suppose." 

Joel turned to the man, a welcoming smile on his face. "A tavern is like a bar. Where you can drown away your sorrows with a bottle intoxicating liquid." He explained with superb articulation. "And while you may be right about the barracks, aliens to this town such as ourselves will definitely have a hard time getting a chance to meet with the commander; whereas taverns don't seem to care what gender, race, build or social class one is, the one thing they care about is how much coin an individual is willing to fork over." The words flowed off of Joel's tongue as if he had rehearsed his statement many times before. He then pointed off into the distance towards the large building he had pointed out to his newly acquired friend group. "That building, the tall one over there, that's the tavern here." He informed him, as he took a stride towards the towering structure. "Come along now." Joel called out, gesturing with his hand to follow. "We haven't got all day."

Edited by FirstPonySpectre

@@Scribblegroove @@FirstPonySpectre

Gron

Gron stepped in between his companions and clapped them hard on the back.

He let out a hearty laugh before turning to Ivondras. "A tavern is where everybody goes to drink and talk and make friends! We will go there and drink plenty, and make lots of new friends, and maybe they will know something about a witch in the town!" He turned to Masquerade and winked. "I'm sure you know what I am talking about? You can at least drink a bit, right? I don't want to offend, but you are a bit small."

Ivondras Zúr

Finding his determination again, he steadfastly followed Joel as he led them to this so called 'tavern'. Raising one brow, he looked at Grin. "Why would one ingest intoxicating drinks willingly. Is there any purpose to it? Do the peasants find it enjoyable? It seems strange to me..." He said, and with that last pondering thought they arrived at the tavern.

Already he could smell the filth and alcohol in the atmosphere him like a damp mist. The smell was familiar. It smelled an awful lot like this one place where he had eaten once. Only once... It had been filled with corrupt able and weak minded fools, and he had been tempted to burn the place down back then. "I think I remember what a tavern is now..."

Aaren Grey

@@SilverHeart,

"Nice to meet you too, Silne. I'm sure we can arrange a visit to the shops in town. Might as well begin our investigation there, in fact." Aaren said. It was a good idea, since the tavern and the local shop were probably breeding grounds for rumours. Not a bad place to start looking for leads. "If you're ready, miss Silne, we should depart for the town."

---

Approaching the town, Aaren noticed the wall. It seemed...off somehow. Like it was built recently. "Is it just me or does the wall seem newer than the buildings?"

Silne nodded in response. There really wasn't anything to do around here for now. "So...." Silne awkwardly paused, she hadn't really thought far enough ahead to actually have a topic to talk about. Everyone had been raised by the Witch Hunters since they were children, asking about people's pasts only ever seemed to result in one of two ways. Either you didn't remember anything or it opened old wounds. Usually the former. Silne looked around quickly, the wall surrounding the town was....conspicuous by all accounts. There wasn't even a stone building in sight. In fact everything looked rather dreary compared to the wall. Though talking about the wall wouldn't be a very good topic. 

"...what do-er-did you do in your spare time?"

Joel took a sniff of the air, taking in the sweet aroma of the truth serum known as booze. Though Joel himself has never drank a bottle of this miracle liquid, he often uses it as a means to get a stubborn, or defensive individual to lower their guard and relinquish all the information that Joel wants to know, and something even more. This drink also had a very beneficial side effect. It's cause it's victims to forget everything that happened while they were under it's intoxicating effects.

The smell of alcohol also brings back memories of the masked man's other journeys to taverns. After all, they're like an archive of local rumors and full of feeble minded individuals Joel could wrap around his finger in his sleep. 

"Back to the hunting grounds." Joel smirked, as he surveyed the building's exterior. 

"I'll keep on the lookout for any vulnerable prey." Julia remarked in a tone just as eager as Joel's. 

Joel took another sniff of the air, "You smell that?" Joel asked the two men who accompanied him to the tavern. "That my friends is misery's perfume. The pitiful scent of a weak man's attempt to drown his sorrows in a glass of amnesia. Though I can't blame them. The world can be quite a malicious entity, playing games with people, entangling it's victims with it's ropes of agony, dragging them down into a sea of never ending regret." Joel spoke, making motions with hands and arms as the words glided off his tongue. "It's sadistically poetic, isn't it?" Joel remarked, his tone of voice shifting to a slightly saddened whisper. He then turned to the two, with a smirk on his face and a confident look in his eye. "It's a good thing that I'd rather die than become another wasted verse in the never ending poem of misery." The masked man laughed heartily before turning back to the door. 

"Shall we go in?"

Aaren Grey

@@SilverHeart,

"I talked to people and I used to be more interested in dancing than fighting. Couldn't get the hang of fighting at first, but when I figured out how I could translate my dance moves into swordsmanship, it got a lot easier. Didn't really get much time to myself, but I made the best of what I had." He said. His childhood hadn't been anything special, aside from the Witch Hunter training, but it didn't mean he necessarily hated it. Though he did end up thinking about what could have been had he not been raised a Hunter. But daydreaming and fantasizing could wait for later after they'd spent their day.

He turned to Silne as they continued their search for a store. "What about you? What did you do with your free time during training?"

N'herr Tavern.

@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Scribblegroove,
@@Evilshy,

The tavern was a grim looking place, though certainly not the worst by far. As the door creaked open eyes turned to look upon the two intruders standing in the entrance - black coated Witch Hunters of old.

A moment passed where nobody spoke, before most went back to their business - though they did little to disguise the various sour, hostile and fearful looks they kept casting at these strangers. Others were even less subtle and maintained solid glares in their faces. It was a far from welcome reception, but nobody moved from their places.

Inside, the tavern was unsuprisingly similar to the streets: mostly built from wood, with patches of stone and iron in places. It was lit by lanterns hanging from a high ceiling which cast a slightly uncomfortable warmth on the room, as the window did not seem to large enough to light the place. The smell of stale beer masked pretty much anything else.

At the far side of the room was the bar, a suprisingly small, frail looking girl with thick blond hair and freckles standing behind it - one hand in the pocket of her apron and the other resting on the wooden counter. She was barely fit to be called an adult, and though she seemed less hostile than her patrons, she was also staring directly at the newcomers at the door with a frown on her otherwise bright face.

@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Evilshy,
@@Scribblegroove,

A faint sensation of unease washes over you as you enter. It's like nothing you have felt before, but it causes a tense feeling in the pit of your stomach. You feel something unusual about this place.

@@Scribblegroove,

The sensation is clearly not simply here, but being caused by something or someone nearby. Whatever it is. It is in the tavern at this very moment.

N'herr town center.

@@Windbreaker,
@@SilverHeart,
@,

The center of the port town was a bustle of activity: though the market could well have had something to do with that. The ruined Carpenter, the Tavern, Bakery and 'Emporium of Wonders' circled the centeral region, but most of the folk were more interested in the market itself.

Between the various stalls, a few vendors seemed more established than others - with larger carts, busier crowds and louder beckoning shouts. One burly fellow was calling out prices of verious meats, while another two seemed to be selling cheeses and fresh fish - likely straight from the sea.

The busiest stall however was somewhat obscure - many folks seemed to want to see, but few stopped for more than a curiius glance. There were no shouts coming from its owner, and without getting closer it was impossible to make out what was being sold at all.

Yet another stall sold various metalwork - tools and weapons: all simple in design but sturdy enough looking. Beside this was a leatherworker who seemed to have a good mind for business, selling scabbards, harnesses and holsters for his neighbours wares, alongside the more mundane vests, boots and belts.

Witch Hunter Tathla.

Watching the apprentices almost immediatly split up, Tathla gave an irritated sigh and slowly strode towards the tavern. Rather than enter, he leaned against the wall a few paces from the doorway and shook his head. With those in the center in his field of vision and an ear listening for commition within the tavern, he would watch them all as best he could: Hunters were excellent trackers, though certainly they couldnt get themselves lost in such a small town... could they? Edited by Cinder

Alice Mare

Quickly growing bored again waiting for someone she recognized, Alice stood up and decided to see if she could buy anything else. She strolled around the marketplace again since she didn't really care about any of the other stalls or stores before since she just wanted to find a bakery or something. There were a couple of stalls selling stuff like swords and shields and stuff she didn't really need - her blades were just fine on her own so she didn't really need new ones.

There were quite a few busy stalls but she didn't really need the things they were selling, but there was this one particular stall that seemed to have the most people crowding around it. It piqued her interest since Alice was a very curious girl and she had to go over to look at it. She tried to jump behind the people to see what was going on, but she was only met by more people in her ways. Alice lost her patience and pushed her way through (at least, that's what she thought she did - she was too weak to push through so she just slipped around some people) while shouting at some other stubborn ones to move.

She couldn't quite see what was going on though even though she was at the front due to her height though. She had to stare at the stall for several minutes to see what was happening.

(( You could make a post to show what's happening. ^^ ))

Ivondras Zúr

Do what you must to get our information... Ivondras grumbled at Masquerade, putting on the hood of his cloak as they entered the Tavern. He cancelled out the stench of the place rather quickly, his mind filtering it out as unnecessary. Every in provocative stare he replied with an even more aggressive one, and kept doing so as he slowly started patrolling by each of the tables in the tavern, looking all of the peasants in the eye with no hesitation, also stopping briefly by the girl behind the counter. He focused entirely on their eyes, because a wise man once told him: "the eyes are the gateway to the soul", and if he could see any speck of filth and corruption in these poor villagers souls, he'd deliver a justice that hadn't been seen yet in this town.

He'd know it when he'd see it. Of course Ivondras only believed that he could spot a witch by the appearance of their eyes, but it had always seemed logical to him that it would be that specific detail that would give them away. An unnatural shine or a slight glow... that's how he had always imagined it. Besides their eyes he watched for any strange behaviour. If one person suddenly started running away, he'd slay them without hesitation.

@@Windbreaker@@,

"Oh, uh...really?" Silne asked incredulously. "You had the time to practice dancing? Hard to imagine that we both were apprentices. Hunter Eitan, you might have heard of him, only gave us a little bit of free time, usually just to socialize with other apprentices. Other than that it was mostly mental conditioning. So I spent the time either talking with the others or licking my wounds, if you will." Silne left it at that. At least in her part of the Spire, Hunter Eitan was well known for hardening the more...empathetic and weak-willed children. 

As the pair neared the marketplace several stalls caught Silne's eye. Though the most interesting one right now was the stall she could see the least of. A crowd had gathered around one of the stalls. The supplies could wait a few minutes, just long enough to sate her curiosity. "Let's see what that stall has for sell. It might have something useful." Silne said as she made her way through the crowd towards the stall.