Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you dislike/like about school?

ponylaces

So, what do you guys like and dislike about school?

Here are my likes and dislikes..

Likes: I like pushing the buttons of teachers and the fact that I meet my friends at school. School is pretty much the only place where I can talk to kids my age.

Dislikes: I dislike the fact that I have to get up so early, it's been suggested over and over that the school day should start later, especially for teens. School can also be stressing, you know, with schoolwork and people acting like idiots sometimes.

If you're out of school (finished with 12th grade and or college), you could tell me what you liked or disliked.

• Brohoof 2

You learn a bunch of useless crap that you don't use at all in life. That really irks me.

Teacher what are Taxes and how do you do them?

Not to worry kid! Mitochondria are the powerhouse of a cell..........

• Brohoof 1

Likes: pretty much all my teachers, they're all awesome. Seeing my friends. Meeting new people and making new friends. Having easy classes so I can breeze by. Lunch. Culinary cause I get to eat more food after lunch.

Dislikes: work. More work. Boring work. Honestly it's the only thing I can complain about. Most of it is busy work in some classes. But whatevz.

• Brohoof 1

Like: Learn cool and useful things for some of my classes, meet people, sports (cross country, track)

dislike: homework, annoying teachers, useless material (why the hell do I need to know how the heros journey influences the hunger games?), absurd policies and rules (spend money to buy a new pool but no we can't afford to replace our window xp machines with floppy disc drives)

I love to learn and leaving with all of the wonderful experiences when you graduate.

But, I always hated how drama spread like wildfire.

• Brohoof 1

But, I always hated how drama spread like wildfire.

Thisthisthisthis.

If any type of controversial event happens between two people at my school, the next day everyone is talking about it.

I also hate how teachers treat students unfairly. I don't really do my homework often and as a result some of my teachers dislike me and now they treat everyone else better than me.

But I do like that school is a place where I can meet cool people, not just my age too. My music teacher actually became a close friend. :P

• Brohoof 1

Fortunately for me, my Mother was cool enough to agree to home-school me instead of me having to go to public schools. Which her home-schooling me pretty much means I study the information needed to acquire a GED. Which I've taken practice tests for already, and have gotten exemplary marks in all fields. Mainly because I've learned the same random crap over and over for the past 9 years (1-9th grades). So I now have the next two years (more like 1 and a half) to do whatever... With the occasional book because the state requires a minimum amount of work to be done (per month) when homeschooling.

Here are my actual Likes and Dislikes about public school.

Not many. Over the years I've only have 3 classes that I liked: 3rd Grade Biology, 7th Grade Keyboarding/Typing (I aced through that with my 143 WPM typing speed), and 9th Grade Digital Imaging.

Dislikes:

Teachers: Although they were fun to piss off, especially my philosophy teachers, they could really get on my nerves. Bullies: After 6th Grade no one really bullied me in school, because that's when I got my cloak, and wore it to school; but before then they were pretty bad, although I wasn't afraid to throw back some punches, and a couple times I did. Strung-out explanations of the littlest details in textbooks: The Teachers would just go on and on about stupid little details, even if they weren't even related to the subject they were teaching; for instance, there were a few times where my 5th Grade Mathematics teacher would constantly babble on about how much she liked Pi (the number with an extremely large amount of decimal numbers, not the delicious baked food that is just awesome) even though we were studying Algebra at the time; oh yeah, and how long it took teachers to get through chapters in text books, just give me the chapter number, I'll read it in like 10 minutes, do the stupid test, and leave, because I don't wanna sit here for an hour and a half listening to you stumble on words and attempt to teach me something I already learned 20 times within the past 30 minutes.

Sorry if it seems like I started ranting, but public school really gets on my nerves.

Edited by ~ Kirigaya Kazuto ~
  • Brohoof 2

I left High School over 40 years ago.  In my life, what I've learned in school that was the slightest bit of use to me

Driver's Ed

Typing

Spanish

Health Class (the facts of life, at least)

Gym class  I learned to take a shower in public.  You go into the military or jail, you'll need this

Otherwise, not one damn thing grades 7-12

From a teacher's perspective!!!

Getting to personalize your lessons and make them interesting.
Being flexible with daily duties and adjusting your plans for the day as needed.
The chance to be a part of fun things like clubs or sports.
It's never the same thing - every day is something new and exciting.
Feeling like you're actually doing something important and worthwhile.

Dislikes:
GETTING UP EARLY.
Some kids treat you like crap for no reason. 
You get blamed if your kids don't perform well, even if it's nothing that you personally did wrong. :/
Having to deal with parents that don't care.
It's. a. lot. of. work.

• Brohoof 1

Like: My pegasister friend

Dislikes: Math, gory thoughts, depression, boredom, hopelessness, occasional sobbing, and it's all because of math.

From a teacher's perspective!!!

Getting to personalize your lessons and make them interesting.
Being flexible with daily duties and adjusting your plans for the day as needed.
The chance to be a part of fun things like clubs or sports.
It's never the same thing - every day is something new and exciting.
Feeling like you're actually doing something important and worthwhile.

Dislikes:
GETTING UP EARLY.
Some kids treat you like crap for no reason. 
You get blamed if your kids don't perform well, even if it's nothing that you personally did wrong. :/
Having to deal with parents that don't care.
It's. a. lot. of. work.

You're a teacher? Or have you been told any experiences by your teacher?

Hm... I liked learning. College especially was great, getting to choose classes and schedules. I also enjoyed always being a part of an ensemble or two. Especially band, I miss band - I've only been in band one semester of the last three years... How terrible does that make me considering my user title?

I also really liked the way that... it wasn't always the same. In college you have different classes each day, and on top of that, in all of school you have breaks and holidays off. None of that happens where I work.

What did I dislike? Getting up super early every single weekday.

I did not really like papers. Although they became much less scary to me once I worked it out how they work.

Also math. lol

• 7 months later...

Something I dislike about school is how they do this...

What they teach you in school:

1 + 4 = 5.

What they give you in an exam:

You have 2 apples and ate one, calculate how far away the nearest sheep is to the remaining apple based on the mass of Venus.

I have long since graduated high school, but I remember just about everything from it.

Likes: Seeing my friends, nice/cool teachers, interesting/fun classes, school food (my school had great food), drill team, seeing my mother (she worked at my high school).

Dislikes: Getting up early, dealing with drama, rude/boring teachers, difficult classes, and the school's rules.

There really isn't anything I particularly like about school other than being able to see my friends everyday.  I just know that I have to do well in everything, because last year was a failure for me.  I neither like nor dislike any of it.

But I particularly dislike my classmates.  A lot of them are complete idiots (like, seriously, Europe is NOT part of America, nor did pizza originate in America).  Loud too, some of them never shut up and treat my teachers like garbage.  And when it's not that, it's attempting to use me for humor at the expense of my self-esteem and homework answers.

• Brohoof 1

And where did you learn basic math? Also, you're going to need advance math when you're okder.

Anything remotely necessary about math they stopped teaching in 4th grade. In all of my junior high/high school years, accounting is all I've ever drawn use from.

• Brohoof 2