Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you dislike/like about school?

ponylaces

Like: Seeing my friends and cool teachers and a treips to other countries, they aren't often but they are awesome.

Dislike: Polish Learning System, which in are things that I never use in future, getting up early and lack of possibility to buying an apple juice or any other juice... only milk and water. Why? Beacuse The Ministry of Education forbid selling of a not healthful food on school shops in whole Poland. And according to The Ministry the apple juice isn't healthful :(

Edited by Yarishia

Likes: I met my best friend there. And...about, I don't know, like maybe 2 other friends -_-

Dislikes: You learn the same thing every year. Some teachers are jerks. I had one teacher that I somewhat liked. Group projects; the constant struggle of me having a great idea and everything planned out in my head, and then someone wants to do something completely different. Slightly referring to the last dislike, I never got a say in anything. Worst of all:

Being in school gave me depression and even suicidal thoughts sometimes (I'm not exaggerating here at all). I need to get this of my chest for a second:

When I started having depression, my teacher would send me to the counselor's office I think it was, idk someone that helped depressed people or something in my school. We'd talk about stuff, I'd leave. Depression struck again (I'd start randomly crying almost everyday), and I was sent back to the counselor. Talked about the same thing, I left. Depression, counselor, left, repeat. Eventually I started thinking to myself: "Wait...just because she's "certified" to help me, doesn't mean she can. And she doesn't know my life, she doesn't know how I'm like. I'm not crazy! I don't need counseling, I don't need help, I don't need any of this. I just need to get the hell out of here!", and so I started doing homeschool the next year. And I was right, I never had depression ever since. I am done.

Like: Seeing my friends and cool teachers and a treips to other countries, they aren't often but they are awesome.

Dislike: Polish Learning System, which in are things that I never use in future, getting up early and lack of possibility to buying an apple juice or any other juice... only milk and water. Why? Beacuse The Ministry of Education forbid selling of a not healthful food on school shops in whole Poland. And according to The Ministry the apple juice isn't healthful :(

You get water for free at your school? Dammit. I mean we only had to pay 1 dollar, but still water should be free, and Is (in my opnion) a much better choice. That and I hated milk/chocolate milk by itself, therefore I just brought my lunch.

- It gives me something to do. As much as I love summer, eventually sitting in my house day after day alone makes me want to rip my hair out.

- I recently met a girl I have a lot in common with, and am currently forming a friendship with her. So yeah, it gives you some opportunities to meet people.

Dislikes:

- Waking up early in the morning.

- Dealing with idiotic classmates. Many of them are rude, disrespectful, and arrogant. I deserve a medal for not punching anyone in the face.

- Teachers. Not all of them, but the few who sit around and do nothing but hand out worksheets and expect you to magically know the material, or those who so obviously hate their job and take it out on students.

- It's boring. I know some of the material we learn is beneficial, but my God, sitting in a stiff, plastic chair in a stuffy classroom for nearly an hour drives me insane. I would rather watch paint dry.

- P.E. I don't believe I even need to explain this one.

- Standardized testing. Too much pressure is placed upon students to pass this because, as we all know, your intelligence depends on one single test at the end of the year.

And I thought I would have more likes...  :dash:

You get water for free at your school?

Of course not... Water for free is on canteen in primary schools. In high schools you must pay for it but I don't know how many beacuse i don't buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the teachers, they are honestly nice people.

My dislikes though..

Have to wake up at 7 AM (this is such an inconvinience. If school started at 10 AM and I wake at 9 that would make my life much better and i would be able to talk to my online friends, which leads to the next point:

Everyone is a fucking bastard, (except the teachers) so I have no friends really.

Edited by Sweetie-Belle

I'll tell you how I feel about school, Jerry; it's a waste of time. Bunch of people runnin' around bumpin' into each other, got a guy up front says, "2+2" and the people in the back say "4". Then the bell rings and they give you a carton of milk and a piece of paper that says you can go take a dump or somethin'. I mean, it's not a place for smart people, Jerry. I know that is not a popular opinion, but that's my two cents on the issue.

• Brohoof 1

Im on high school,but:

Like: Find some friends, learn new things, get new(i don't usually search news or read newspapers)

Dislike: un flexibly on school time, divisions on English classes causing a kind of segregation, the ones who are on the low level of languages usually don't participate discussions, too much echo on the classes and cafeteria, On lunch time you can't hear anything

There really isn't anything I particularly like about school other than being able to see my friends everyday.  I just know that I have to do well in everything, because last year was a failure for me.  I neither like nor dislike any of it.

But I particularly dislike my classmates.  A lot of them are complete idiots (like, seriously, Europe is NOT part of America, nor did pizza originate in America).  Loud too, some of them never shut up and treat my teachers like garbage.  And when it's not that, it's attempting to use me for humor at the expense of my self-esteem and homework answers.

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to believe that you're the only one who doesn't harass the others on the class and don't trow shit at the professor.

I recommend you to try change your class if your school have differents classes (10th-a,10th-b etc) or talk to your principal about your situation, they usually listen, and you can ask they to don't tell that you're the one who search they, so your frinds will not blame you

• Brohoof 1

I like Math,Science and Sometimes Social. 

I don't like ELA because it's to much working together and Even though i am a artist, I have a Hard time with Creativity when it comes to writing.

What's ELA? Can you explain?

School is nothing more than a monstrous conformist driven cookie cutter machine. I love learning, but I hate school. It is one of the biggest and most effective social-engineering systems. Unfortunately, to function well in society, you have to have their brand of "education." In this respect, it is important. Past the contrived necessity, school is, for all intents and purposes, a colossal waste of time. -_-

That's not to say you won't learn some important things in school -- all of which you could learn at home. At the heart of it all, school was never meant to make innovators -- its purpose (among other things) is to make workers. This goes for colleges as well.

Edited by Jaxsie

I have a mixed feelings about school, but I mostly don't like it. Here's why.

DISLIKES: How immature others are, Too many kids, Stress, Waking up early, so much homework, useless knowledge that

will not help me in any way at all, when you did nothing wrong but people around you did so you have to suffer more because of them,

it makes me feel depressed quite often, and the school has bad lunch usually.

If I think of more reasons why I don't like it I'll edit or I'll just nod and agree with ponies here.

• Brohoof 1

Like: What we're supposed to be going there for, learning; gaining knowledge and keeping your brain active. I also like it because it provides an opportunity for me to do something, I can only really stay in my room and look at ponies doing silly things

Dislike: Schools in my area don't care about the subjects I am interested in. Schools of course include a lot of students, and the majority of people come to detest me immediately, so the environment has a negative vibe to it.

• Brohoof 1

Likes: I met my friends almost everyday, some of the teachers were cool, we did some awesome things as well, it put me in a bit of a routine and now I've graduated so that's a plus.

Dislikes: A majority of teachers at my school were ultra strict, most of our work was paper work (boring), Years 7-10 (Age's 13-16) i was pretty much bullied everyday by the same people and the school did nothing some sort of "bully program" where the didn't get expelled or suspended... or even punished >.>

School was really crappy for me, could be the reason i'm so reluctant to go to uni or do a course...

Edited by Dxnill

LIKES: uhm fooling around with people I don't like that much?

DISLIKES: Getting up early  :angry: 

Having to stay quiet

Doing homework

Having to learn things that aren't that relevant neither they are useful

• Brohoof 2

Welp, in college now, but things still seem to apply.

Learning (when it happened)

Meeting other gamers (rare occurrence)

Library that's connected to the public library system (I used this so many times, I was considered an unofficial honorary assistant in the library)

Dislikes

Not learning (the majority of the time)

Most teachers

Students

Other people

Repetitive grinding feel to each day

In my school in particular, we also had no orchestra, so I couldn't learn my violin there 

Fun Times, as you can tell :P

Like: It's the only place where I can meet my friends. Granted, my town has a hangout place for teens so they stay off the streets, but none of my friends go there.

Dislike: I dunno if this is just my school, but they just don't know how to make learning interesting. I've learned more about history from YouTube to this day than I remember from school ever.