Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you happy that you became a brony?

Gearbox10mm

Yes, I'm content with it.

Becoming a pegasister hasn't significantly changed my life in any way, but it has helped me to be slightly more optimistic at times and when I fall into deep depressions ponies sometimes help. I have also met some great people because of the fandom. It's more positive than most groups.

Edited by Emerald Star
  • Brohoof 2

MLP has taken the place of Pokemon as the fandom where the last remnants of my idealism reside. For a while, it even gave me back some of the idealism I lost. I'm happy I found this show, and I'm happy this is one of the few places online where civilized discussion is possible. If I hadn't, I'd probably still be a big Pokemon fan. (I still am, but I haven't frequented any Pokemon for in ages.)

Heck yes. I still remember how grim and depressed I was during my 1st year of my university, until I discovered MLP last April. It really helps me lighted my mood even at my darkest time because I took a step back and rethink about my view on friendship after thinking the show's message, and of course, it's very supportive community.

• Brohoof 1

That's a very interesting question. I never really thought about it until now. The idea of a brony always odded me out until I became one myself. I am happy to have become a brony though, otherwise I never would have realized how deep the community and show were unless I did

• Brohoof 1

NO OF COURSE NOT I HATE BEING A BRONY IT'S THE WORST THING EVER.

What kind of person would hate themselves for liking what they like?

Well, I can only speak for myself, but the process of liking mlp was one that was rather unwanted.

When I watched episode 1, I really wanted to hate it. I laughed at it. Oh no, the sun will never rise. Pfft. Light a candle.

I lasted five days before I felt a need to watch the next episode. It was a two parter, so that's where I said I would stop.

I couldn't.

I watched another and another and burned through three seasons. Every episode was supposed to be the last episode.

I couldn't do it. And I hated myself for it. Of course, I don't feel so strongly about it as I used to. But the feeling still weakly lingers so sometimes I wonder if I am happy. Sometimes I am. Sometimes not.

I'd certainly have a lot less fun on the weekends browsing pointless debates about politics on a pony site. All things considered, through the good and bad, I regret nothing anyway, but I am especially glad that I am a brony. It means a lot to me to be a part of it all.

I personally don't know.  I really like how the shows is fun and how it reinforces so many messages I believe in, but I can't think of any moment where MLP has actually changed my life in any way.  

On the other hand, even though I've technically have been brony for years, I've barely been a week in this forum and this is my first experience in the brony community.  I have to say so far so good, but I hasn't become a big part of my life yet.  I am keeping my hopes up for this though.  Hopefully I'll say a firm yes in the future.

Absolutely! Being a brony has made me happier in all sorts of ways!

Starting with the show itself, first off it just makes me feel happy in such a simple way. It can even help me through depressions sometimes. 

Second, I've said it 100 times and I'm going to say it 100 more, but discovering Fluttershy as a character was a huge part of me learning to love myself. I used to see my shyness, introversion, and social anxiety as faults that made me pathetic, stupid, and unlovable, and I thought that the solution to all my problems was to just get over all of that, that I just needed that part of myself to go away and then I would deserve to be loved. Fluttershy made me start to see that I deserved to be loved just the way I was, and that those parts of myself didn't make me worthless, they were just facets of who I am.

Moving on to joining the community itself, I've met really lovely people and have grown as a writer and as a person by being a brony, so I am very happy to be here. Even when people started to really hate bronies, when it made me sad, it was something that helped me learn so much about people and the importance of kindness and understanding that I am actually kind of glad that it happened. Being mocked as a brony also forced me out of my former internet community, which was an extremely toxic and hateful place, so I am actually grateful for it.

As for what I would be doing if I wasn't a brony... well, it's hard to say, since it's affected my life in so many ways. Maybe I would still be in that toxic community, becoming more and more hateful until the kindness in me was extinguished. Maybe I wouldn't have as many friends. Maybe I wouldn't have my partner, because I wouldn't have been confident enough to pursue him. Maybe I wouldn't even be alive anymore. Or maybe I just would have found my way here through some other paths in life. Regardless, I have been changed for the better thanks to this crazy messed-up fandom, and I wouldn't exchange it for the world.

(Whoof. Heavy long-winded post is heavy and long-winded)

• Brohoof 5

Well, yeah, I have to say yes I'm glad I'm (becoming) a Brony. Nice fandom, cool people, good show. How could anyone not love cute, adorable, loveable pastel ponies?

Oh, and someone asked me, "What color is your Aura?" My answer: "I don't own an Aura but I used to have a Ford."

I'm glad that I became a Brony. If it wasn't for this show, my life would've been very different by now. What I would be doing right now if I wasn't a part of this show, I probably would be doing nothing. It personally changed my life in an incredible way. :D

Edited by DynamicEagle

Well, one the one hand, it's given me a way to meet new people who share similar interests, even besides MLP, and I get to talk to people about things I probably wouldn't ever mention in real life.  And it got me to try and do some creative things, since pretty much every person in the fandom is contributing some kind of content.  Plus, it was the brony fandom that actually got me into earlier gens (seriously), and from there I got into collecting the toys, which I really enjoy.

On the other hand, I kind of have to make myself switch to other things because I spend a little too much time on it, and I don't want to get too fixated on one interest. Also, toy collections take up a lot of space, especially if you have to cram it all in one room.  And no matter how much I've liked it and for how long, and no matter what anyone else will tell me to the contrary, I'm pretty much always going to be embarrassed about liking it.

Even so, I'm glad that I found out about it.

I think that we might have a misunderstanding.  I joined the site of my 5 year old.  Is she a Brony or am I a Brony?  I watch the shows and movies with her.  I do enjoy them, the main reason is because it allows me to spend time with her doing something she likes and also to monitor what she watches.  I like th show because it teaches some good morales and has some interesting real life situations that girls have to face.  I hope I am not doing something wrong or insulting this site by being part of it.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 3

My life would be extremely boring, not only would I not have the pleasure of watching a great show, but I also wouldn't have found this site. This site houses a lot of interesting discussions and interesting people who I've become friends with.

These are my exact thoughts. Becoming a fan has benefited me so much, that I really can't complain.

• Brohoof 1

Yup! I dunno how boring my life would be without MLP, naturally I'd take interest in something else I guess. I've become so attached to the show and fanbase. No idea what I'd do without it now!  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

There's two sides to this. I'm glad that I'm a brony because I got to see a pretty rad show and join one of the best fandoms out there, but I also don't like it because I get hate for it. I tell all of them that you can't hate a show that you've never seen, but they don't listen. We're one of the only fandoms that I know of that's at a constant battle with society. I guess that's just a risk that you have to take if you wanna be a brony.

• Brohoof 3

I hope I am not doing something wrong or insulting this site by being part of it.

Certainly not.

This site is for fans who are somewhat older than your daughter. The minimum sign-up age is 13. My impression is that the primary reason for that is that sites which allow younger children to become members can quickly become havens for predatory paedophiles. I don't think the administrators want all that worry upon their shoulders.

Both my kids (I have a 5 year old daughter, and a 4 year old son) love My Little Pony and I love it too. Most of the people on this site are older teens and adults without children that enjoy watching the show in their own right. That's fine by me. I would be amongst them if I didn't have my two little companions to watch it along with me.  :)

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 2

You betcha!  The show has visibly improved my life by making me a more considerate and sensitive person - especially with my peer group.  Hearing the stories of others who have benefitted is inspiring.

• Brohoof 1