Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you happy that you became a brony?

Gearbox10mm

Since I became a brony, I have felt more comfortable about my gender identity (female to male.) I used to feel the need to "butch up" and like things that are, traditionally, manlier, like gaming and watching Marvel movies and such. I still do that stuff, but bronydom has opened my eyes to a new way of integrating what I once thought of as my "feminine side" with my oh-so-manley exterior. (Snerk...)

Because it takes one Hell of a man to admit that he loves a franchise centered around brightly coloured magical ponies. Yeah. My Little Pony is hardcore.

I'm glad.

The show fills that void in my life that would otherwise be filled with obsessing over trivial things. It's a great show too, so that's that. It really gives me a thing to enjoy that is so vastly different from my other forms of entertainment.

And the brony community is great. Not only do I have a large group of people to converse with, but I can also come with my problems to try to get help and support because of how overwhelmingly positive and caring the community here is. Additionally, it allows me to expand my views somewhat and participate with others in things that I normally wouldn't be able to do irl.

I joined the fandom in the off season between 2 and 3 and the beginning I was very, "HOORAY FRIENDSHIP IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS THIS FANBASE!" Then when season 3 hit I learned that during a season bronies over use memes from the previous week's episode to death, over analyze each episode, and flame war themselves to death over stupid stuff. 
How my experience as a brony has gone due to the fans:
ElevenConcerned.gif

• Brohoof 2

There have been times where I considered to just abandon the fandom and I have been extremely close, the reasons for me wanting to do this were my family hating me being a Brony and all the ideas they got into my head and all the stuff they did to me to try and get me to stop being a Brony, example, taking my Laptop, turning off the internet, taking my MLP merchandise.

In the end, I stayed in the fandom and so far am quite happy I have, I find it fun to be a Brony, and I have no thoughts on backing out of being a Brony anytime soon so yeah, I am happy I became a Brony, it also helped me make a few new close friends in real life and over the internet.

• Brohoof 2

I joined the fandom in the off season between 2 and 3 and the beginning I was very, "HOORAY FRIENDSHIP IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO IS THIS FANBASE!" Then when season 3 hit I learned that during a season bronies over use memes from the previous week's episode to death, over analyze each episode, and flame war themselves to death over stupid stuff. 

img-3489000-1-ElevenConcerned.gif

I joined a few months back in the off season so season 5 will be my first. I'm pretty excited and now curious if my views of the fandom will change. Only time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

I joined a few months back in the off season so season 5 will be my first. I'm pretty excited and now curious if my views of the fandom will change. Only time will tell.

Don't worry they will, just wait till the next "end fandom"

Yes, although I can't say I've made other Brony friends. I found my waifu Luna from the show so she's all I need. I think of her everyday almost every hour. I've collected a lot of pony merch too and it keeps me occupied.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhat.

For those of us who believed the brony community made a big change in our lives, I'm sure we all looked back and imagined what would have happened if we didn't discover ponies.

I always wondered such.

• Brohoof 1

Yes and no.

Yes because having gone to college out of state, the biggest challenge coming home would've been making friends. The SoCal Bronies made building a new social group easy and fun. I'm a lot happier now that I have friends back home. And getting into ponies artwise has really opened the door to networking with other fans and chatting with people who appreciate my work. And I'll be honest, talking to folks who like my work gives me warm fuzzies. (I'm awkward taking compliments but trust me, I love 'em.)

No because I found the whiny, creepy, entitled, and just downright weird section of the fandom with phenomenal speed. I know I just hopped off the Kingdom Hearts fandom train so I can't really complain about creepy fans making creepy things but a part of my soul died when I found the guys with waifus making active efforts to try and get to a non-existent place in a kid's cartoon.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I wasn't completely at first. One of the reasons why I waited so long to try the show was because I was afraid I would like it. I'm glad I watched it with an open mind though, because it's a great show and I've made a lot of great friends in the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, because i can be inside a group, where there are persons like me and near to my age, that share a common passion and kind of mind, even if don't feel very confident with the use of shiny/colored/infant style of the cartoon and who use it to manifest themselves trought an avatar etc.

No, because i cannot reveal this mentality with all the persons i meet in real life, specially when they can easily consider/believe me a "gay" (no i'm not at all) or as an "hightly immature" subject, highlighting my sensibility, wich is in contrast with my physical appereance (i'm enought robust one)

• Brohoof 1

Well, the brony fandom is certainly a lot more civil-minded and sane than other communities. I enjoy gaming, but I know that the so-called "Hardcore gaming community" can be some of the most heartless, brutal, and unsympathetic people on the internet. Thankfully, I find more peace here.

So, yes, I am happy I became a brony.

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty happy here because the show itself is great and I've seen that the following here is such as great, I 've met many happy people here, but sometimes I feel bad because I see so much hatred in youtube comments and on other pony sites that I'm not sure how I should feel.

Being brony has opened many new doors for me to explore in my life and I'm happy because of that =)

• Brohoof 1

img-3489000-1-ElevenConcerned.gif

I'm not gonna lie, that crap puts me off of the whole fandom for me, too. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid that crap a lot of the time, and just be around people who don't take it so seriously.