Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you happy that you became a brony?

Gearbox10mm

I'm not gonna lie, that crap puts me off of the whole fandom for me, too. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid that crap a lot of the time, and just be around people who don't take it so seriously.

When your best friend irl is a Zealot Brony it's not so easy... Edited by Panne

Yes.. this fandom has completely changed my life. Not only has it made me happier, but it has also made the people that I hang out with happier, as it seemed to have made me a lot more social. It has gave me a bunch of new things to do, such as drawing and collecting. Gave me new music to listen to, and new videos to watch. If I have not ever been introduced into this fandom, I probably would have been 20% more boring/bored and not have met all the friends I have today.

Of course I'm happy I became a brony. Saying that I was generally happy before hand to, but I feel even more so these days.

Really, thanks to the brony community I feel like a have a home on the internet. I've been with fandoms, but most have been fleeting and I never interacted much with others. The only other one that compares for me is the Spyro fandom. :D

The MLP:FiM fandom has helped me not only become more sociable, but has given me a better outlook on fandoms. Sure, we'll have the typical rabid fan, and even the anti-fans, but to be honest, those sort of people don't affect my views on the fandom at all. Thanks to the livelihood and activity, I can say that I'm glad to be a brony.

Well, not so much becoming a Brony/Pegasister, but more that watching the series has expanded my outlook on many things, I have mentioned before I am a philosopher, and in some ways the series has really opened my eyes to new possiblities and expanded on my philosophical, and spiritual understanding.

But then I am the type who looks for deeper meanings in everything, for I do believe there is a reason for everything we do, including becoming a Brony/Pegasister.

we are all brothers, we are all sisters.

In short? I am proud to be a Brony/Pegasister.

• 2 months later...

Of course. I was reluctant to identify as a brony at first, as I don't usually care for such titles, but hey, the show's great, the communities' great, why not call yourself a brony.

FiM really helped my social skills and made me more inspirational. And let me say I got into this show at the right time when I was super annoyed by the gaming industry today. And I actually can appreciate cartoons way more than I used to.

I can't really complain. Apart from the fandom turning me into a compulsive shopper, I'm really happy. I've got great friends in the fandom, as well as a very special person who I hold near and dear to my heart.

• Brohoof 1

Happy to be a Brony but that is obvious because if I wasn't then I wouldn't be here discussing it with you guys now would I?

Yeah the show is great and all and I'm happy that I watch such a good show but just stop it with the MLP made me a better person crap.

I am the happiest that I could be for having joined this fandom. My life has changed in ways I could never have imagined and all for the better.

If I had not become a brony, I would be living a pathetic and sad existence with no job and living with my parents. Because of this show I found my true passion, faith in a Higher Power, and willingness to live happily.

• Brohoof 1

I am really happy to be a Brony. Not only have I got into quite possibly one of the best shows on modern televison, but I have also met some really nice and accepting people in the fandom, and I cannot wait to go to a Brony meetup/convention near where I live some day.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, i am. Before i had no friends and kept to myself, i only had one, but he left me for other things. Now i have my fun telling jokes, sharing stories, you name it. I'm happier than i've ever been.

Yes, The fandom and show turned me into a better person.

If it was not for that, I`d probably be a annoying close minded idiot.

Yall changed my life.

• 2 months later...

Of course I'm glad I'm a brony! If I weren't, I'd probably just and up in the furry fandom (which I'm also in now too), or maybe I'd just end up being the stereotypical teenage girl liking 1 direction and other boy bands, which I don't want. So yeah!

• Brohoof 1

I am very much so happy to be a Brony. Had I not found this show, I can't describe how miserable my life would still be without it. Ever since I became a Brony in October last year, I have:

Made dozens of friends

Gotten a job

Stopped blindly hating the LGBT community

Grew a more open mind

Become more physically active

Become more sociable

Become much more overall satisfied with my life

Conclusion: Jesus would approve of this show.

• Brohoof 5

I'm happy that I became a Brony. If I did, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't have some good friends, I would still be suffering in my old community. Plus, it's awesome!  :wub: