Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you happy that you became a brony?

Gearbox10mm

Yep, I genuinely do. Regardless of whether it's done it for good or ill, and I think it's still too soon to know for sure, MLP has shaped my life, given me new friends, and expanded me as a character (barely).

• Brohoof 2

Yes, of course!

Not only is the show so adorable, cute, and heart-warming, but we have an amazing community!

Everyone here is so welcoming and supporting of everyone.

I do get made fun of for it, but I honestly don't quite care, plus most of the insults just make me lmao.

I'm so happy I joined this fandom, I left it once but I'm not going to do that again.

I've never once in my life felt so welcome and at home once until I joined this fandom.

• Brohoof 3

Of course! The show and it's fandom is just so... POSITIVE. All the time! (well, most of the time, anyway)

I don't know if my life would be too much different, though, as even after three years I tend to keep my love for the show on a down low. I don't talk about it unless I'm with my girlfriend. I probably was in a lot happier state of mind when I first discovered it. Looking back now I was probably in a mild state of depression (without knowing it) and this show helped me through it. So, I can thank Celestia for that! 

(edited)

Definitely! :lol: Just being a part of this awesome community makes me a bit happier. It hasn't changed my life significantly in any way, but I still enjoy being a brony.

Edited by RedFireDrgn

Of course!

I love to watch My Little Pony! (more specifically the 4th generation)

I went through a period of many months where I declassified myself as a brony and stopped watching the show.

But I think it was more of the fact that I felt ashamed of some of the Bronies within this fanbase and their discrimination against religious folk, such as myself.

I soon came to realization that this fanbase is full of kind and tolerant individuals after all!

I even made quite a few friends as well!

And a couple weeks ago I decided to take on the Brony label once again and I even watch the show frequently! (though personally, I don't really like discussing it :-/ )

Am I glad I'm a brony? Duh, or I wouldn't be one.

Do I wish I could tell other people, and still be accepted? Every. Damn. Day.

This community, this FANDOM, is NOT about My Little Pony. Sure, that's a huge part of it, and yes it is totally freakin' AWESOME! But the true, underlying feel to it is the feeling of acceptance.

No matter what walk of life, race, gender, age, species, it doesn't matter. We're all people, and that's all there is to it. No other group, religion, culture, anything... can say that.

I am a man. I like wrestling, football, hot babes, video games,. a cold one, fast cars, etc. But I also have a heart. I'm also human.

Shouldn't I be allowed to be?

So yes, I'm glad (and PROUD!) to be a brony. I just wish the rest of the world was, too.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't call myself by that name, but I am happy I've become a fan of MLP. That is because it led to me joining this forum, which... well, had MANY horrible experiences, but many good ones as well,  However, I want to emphasize that if it weren't for the fandom, none of these experiences would have happened. I would have just watched the show and made some art every now and then about it, but not really thought of it much. 

The most important and lasting of these experiences is meeting a certain someone on here, having him move into my house, and essentially change my ENTIRE life. Most people, they say MLP has changed their life emotionally. But MLP has indirectly lead to the entire way I live being changed, so that I don't have to rely on my parents anymore. I can rely on someone much better, much more reliable, and much more caring of me.  He saved me, from a life of neglect, and a life of directionlessness that would've likely gone nowhere. I really do feel like that. Now I have someone I can rely on, someone who actually does what needs to be done. 

Whilst I have very mixed feelings about the fandom, that's something that's once in a lifetime. And I'm lucky that it could have happened, so it makes me happy to have joined MLP Forums when I did.

Also, my digital art has improved significantly and I've learned how to use Photoshop more effectively and quickly. It's changed my style into something more simple and manageable, whereas before, it was a bit too overly complex and not as easy to maintain.

I'm extremely happy I became a brony! I was a bit hesitant to watch the show because I abhorred the earlier generations of MLP and there weren't many great examples of bronies on the Internet. But I'm glad I did, because the show changed me. It made my boring and depressing life a whole lot brighter, like I turned on the light after being in the dark for way too long. It gives me something to look forward to, an outlet for when reality becomes a bit too hard to deal with. I never thought a children's show about multi-colored ponies exploring the magic of friendship would affect me this way, but it did.

I want to say, mostly yes. This fandom and show has interdicted me to so much and has made me try all sorts of new things and meet many new people, it's been a life changer for me. The issues lie within my own personal problems. The depression, the inferiority complex, the self pressuring, those kinds of feelings get in the way of my enjoyment of everything and make me feel lesser in the fandom at times. That's no fault of the fandom of course, that's my own personal issues, but it's a shame those feelings still remain. Of course I have also have had my own personal grievances with the fandom in the past, but not everything is going to be sunshine a lot the time I suppose. Sometimes we gotta see the bad to appreciate the good.

The positives far outweigh the negatives though. This fandom really has been a game changer in my life, it's hard to express in words how much it has made a difference.

I'm very happy, for many reasons. The main is of how it's improved my social life. I had many internet friends on Instagram (until my parents shut it down), and I still talk to one of them. Another big thing that I'm happy about is that it had involvement in me becoming a furry. It told me of the furry fandom, and after investigating, I realized that I wanted to be a furry. There are smaller things, but I'd have to think awhile to remember them.