Queen Cassie

55 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Please spoil the book for me because I read it a year or two ago and I remember nothing, but I want to be able to spot similarities between the episode and the book. :P

Look for my PM. I won't spoil it out in the open forum!

B)

I wonder if this'll be a reference to that KND episode where everyone tells a different version of the story.

that would be funny, i love those kinds of shows

So, there are some spoiler screenshots leaked in this update on EQD. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/03/dragon-quest-teaser-clip-tons-of.html#more

I'm not sure how many of them actually apply to this episode, but I think we can safely say that this one, at least, does:

Posted Image

I squealed in glee when I saw it, regardless of the stares I got from the other people around me.

First alcohol, now tobacco? So much for being a little girls show.

Oh come on, it's just a pipe.

Besides, we've seen pipes as Cutie Marks before. For example, Mr. Waddle.

Oh come on, it's just a pipe.

Besides, we've seen pipes as Cutie Marks before. For example, Mr. Waddle.

You're right. I believe there was an episode of Spongebob where Spongebob "smoked" a pipe.

In particular, a pipe is necessary for the reference to be complete. They're dressed as Sherlock Holmes(oooh I hope they say Fetlock Holmes!) and Watson, and you can't exactly do Sherlock Holmes without both the deerskin cap AND the pipe.

In particular, a pipe is necessary for the reference to be complete. They're dressed as Sherlock Holmes(oooh I hope they say Fetlock Holmes!) and Watson, and you can't exactly do Sherlock Holmes without both the deerskin cap AND the pipe.

Tell that to Robert Downey Jr. I actually haven't seen those movies, though, so I'm probably wrong.

Posted Image

I was right. There is going to be a Sherlock Holmes reference. Now we just need her to say "Elementary, my dear Sparkle". And maybe meet Sir Pony Baskerville. That would be awesome.

I think we can all safely agree that this is going to be great.

Much as I am a devoted fan of Sherlock Holmes (NOT THE TWO RECENT MOVIES!!!) They picked the wrong detective! If you have a mystery on a train, you MUST have Hercule Poirot! That's who I meant when I said look for a dapper fussy little Belgium pony detective with a mustache! I tell you, this is going to be an Agatha Cristie spoof, not Holmes parody! Sherlock is just more recognizable for the little kiddies! The episode title is "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" That's obviously a play on "Murder on the Orient Express" a Hercule Poirot story. This spoiler contains my guess for the guilty party. Look only if you want to risk finding out the ending. I really think deep down that I am right in this!

They ALL did it! The mane six all will take tiny little tastes of the cake. Any one alone would be nothing, and easy to fix. All together, and they equal total cake destruction! None of them will think they had anything to do with the devastation, because they all just took a tiny lick or nibble, and covered it up with extra frosting. This is a mirror on how "Murder on the Orient Express" took place, only nopony gets stabbed!

PS. Pinkie Pie is actually one of the few characters to imitate Holmes to get it right! He only wore the deerstalker cap while out in the country. Wearing it on a train would be totally acceptable. Most people depict him running around wearing it all the time. That would be uncivilized! Holmes wore a proper hat within the city! Sometimes even a top hat. Seeing the screen capture from the post above shakes my spoiler hidden guess a little, judging by how the cake is damaged, but I'll still run with it. Oh, and look! A Chocolate Moose!

:lol:

Tell that to Robert Downey Jr. I actually haven't seen those movies, though, so I'm probably wrong.

The Robert Downey Jr. movies were sad. Anypony who actually read the original stories and novels like I did (Many times) looked at those movies and said

WTF?!?!

The only thing his portrayal of Holmes had in common with the original character was the name. Homes didn't crash the Watson honeymoon. Watson never kicked Holmes in the ass. Holmes only met Irene Adler one time, He did not have a romance with her. I was actually angered by Downy's portrayal. If you want to see Sherlock Holmes EXACTLY as depicted in the original short stories and novels, watch "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" produced by British television company Granada Television between 1984 and 1994, starring the late and missed Jeremy Brett. He took Holmes right from the pages and brought him to life!

THIS is the Sherlock Holmes I know. Not Downy's clown version!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX6a--uu6QM

Note at the two minute mark. Wearing a deerstalker, IN A TRAIN!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UOTIW83oXs

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

I expect Pinkie to pull out an old, stereotypical Sherlock Holmes hat and pipe. Maybe we'll get a quintuple flashback to different perspectives of the same event.

Edit: oh, she does pull out the hat. As you were.

Edited by Forlong