Queen Cassie

55 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

We should hold bets on this thing and the see who was right. I bet it was ether Spike, the cake Twins or Pinkie herself somehow.

Spike gets my vote. He's a jerk sometimes. Rarity will, of course, stand by her spikey-wikey and aid him in escaping Pinkie's wrath. It will end with a case scene on the train roof.

Tell that to Robert Downey Jr. I actually haven't seen those movies, though, so I'm probably wrong.

That only farther reinforces the point.

SOOO MUCH WIN!!!!

Wow, I can't believe that I hadn't come across this post before. So much win! You typed exactly what I would have typed. Cuteycindyhoney, you have excellent taste in detectives.

I thought that I was the only person left in the world that preferred Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes to the recent RDJ portrayals. It is nice to see that I am not alone.

(I have seen all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes episodes - at least 10 times each. And, you don't even want to know how many times I have read the stories and novels. I like all classic detective stuff. ^_^)

I really do hope that they parody Murder on The Orient Express with this upcoming episode. That would just be the coolest thing ever.... I wouldn't mind a bad Holmes spoof either, but if they do the parody right, then I will have a new favorite episode for certain.

I think I'm looking forward to this more than I have for any other episode! I knew we were going to get some Sherlock Pinkie when I read the description. Given that this is kind of a trope I think there's a lot of interesting potential here. I can see it taking three routes:

1. Pinkie did it

2. Some kind of misunderstanding / nopony did it

3. Everypony had something to do with it

I'm leaning toward the latter because it would be less of a cop-out and means more content. I really want to see Pinkie solve it, too. I'm sure anything they do will be amazing though. I see it quickly becoming a new favorite.

Wow, I can't believe that I hadn't come across this post before. So much win! You typed exactly what I would have typed. Cuteycindyhoney, you have excellent taste in detectives.

I thought that I was the only person left in the world that preferred Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes to the recent RDJ portrayals. It is nice to see that I am not alone.

(I have seen all of the Jeremy Brett Holmes episodes - at least 10 times each. And, you don't even want to know how many times I have read the stories and novels. I like all classic detective stuff. ^_^)

I really do hope that they parody Murder on The Orient Express with this upcoming episode. That would just be the coolest thing ever.... I wouldn't mind a bad Holmes spoof either, but if they do the parody right, then I will have a new favorite episode for certain.

Thank you very much Scootacool! I am so looking forward to this episode. I really hope that my guess on it following "Orient Express" is accurate! That would be so great!

Ooh! A mystery episode! Those are always real entertaining :D

What if somepony made a pinkie promise to not eat the cake? Or if Pinkie had left it unguarded for a few seconds?

In any case, she's probably going to stop the train right there and carry out a full investigation. I'll admit I'll be a bit disappointed if it turns out that she ate the cake herself...Oh Pinkie, you and your lovable hyper-activeness and unpredictability :)

Sherlock Holmes references are a given though no less entertaining.

I'm holding out for a Death Note reference, although that would really be pushing it. But if there is a point where the saturation changes over Pinkie and she begins a rambling internal monologue, I'll squeal with glee.

well apperntly there is a griffin in this episode

The gryphon sighting has me rather excited. While I realize it's unlikely, we just might get a HINT of more information on gryphons in the FIM universe. Considering all the widely divergent fanon on the subject it would be wonderful to have some real, good, solid canon info, even if it's just a line or two of dialog.

What's funny is that I once speculated soon after coming into the fandom that gryphons were super rare, possibly driven to near extinction through wars fought early in Equestria's history, since we've only ever seen one in the entire show. Naturally that's a silly line of reasoning based upon the barest shred of evidence, but it's an example of how one can speculate. One can also take the existence of gryphons as meaning there are whole gryphon empires, poised ever at the brink of war with Equestria. You could even turn a gryphon country into a Soviet Union analogue and say that them and Equestria are caught in a Cold War, pointing balefire missiles at each other's cities.

Or not.

(edited)

crazy conspiracy time time

the cake that pinkie is delivering will somehow be referenced in the season finale, it is posible look at this picture Posted Image

this picture is from the up coming episode now look at the cake in this clip

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcS7OX4LTu4

COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT... ok maybe a little

Edited by chrisbiby

After seeing the promo, I'm probably gonna be saying 'I have no idea who do-doned it' for weeks now...:wacko: Also, I wasn't sure if that was a griffon in there, thought it was giant chicken for some reason, but I guess it must be a griffon... :lol: Can't freakin' wait for this episode. :)

Woah.... So I watched the promo just know. Now I am really, really looking forward to this episode.

If that had been me, and I was on a train. And, the weird stuff that I saw in that video was happening on the train when I was guarding something in the middle of the night. My solution to the problem would have been a loaded shotgun, 5 gallons of coffee, and toothpicks to prop open my eyes.

(edited)

The gryphon sighting has me rather excited. While I realize it's unlikely, we just might get a HINT of more information on gryphons in the FIM universe. Considering all the widely divergent fanon on the subject it would be wonderful to have some real, good, solid canon info, even if it's just a line or two of dialog.

What's funny is that I once speculated soon after coming into the fandom that gryphons were super rare, possibly driven to near extinction through wars fought early in Equestria's history, since we've only ever seen one in the entire show. Naturally that's a silly line of reasoning based upon the barest shred of evidence, but it's an example of how one can speculate. One can also take the existence of gryphons as meaning there are whole gryphon empires, poised ever at the brink of war with Equestria. You could even turn a gryphon country into a Soviet Union analogue and say that them and Equestria are caught in a Cold War, pointing balefire missiles at each other's cities.

Or not.

Lol, I actually have a little bit of a cold war in my fimfic, which takes place at least a few months to years after the series. I hope the canon here doesn't undo that too much, though it probably will :P

Requirements: Griffon kingdom. That's all.

I mean, it's not too much of a stretch. I mean, they've got zebras, donkeys and cows, but those are all more or less similar animals, that could roughly be fit in "Equestria" as equine. Not to mention Zecora is from a very different land.

So it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that griffons, a lion+eagle for goodness' sake, are from a different land. I mean, we just went from grazing herd-animal herbivores, to top-of-the-food chain carnivore predators.

I mean look at him... He's french.

Though, apparently in MLP, despite the fact that both lions and eagles are carnivores (I think :blink: ), Gilda ate an apple, so they're at least omnivores. And although we have talking cows and pigs that make truffles; it wouldn't surprise me too much if griffons at least ate fish. We've seen fish act pretty realistically/dumb in the show. (dumb, in the literal sense)

Lol, it'd be funny to see him cutting up a fish or something, then Fluttershy or Pinkie walk in and freak out, are just absolutely terribly horrified, and he's just like, "what?" O.o

Oh, yeah, and that's something, too. First male griffon in the series, and second griffon. Only griffon since Gilda, and looks like first nice griffon, too. There have been way too few griffons.

Btw, it's "Griffon". Technically Gryphon and Griffin are the same thing, but "Griffin" is normally used to refer to the noble beast on a crest, for example, that can talk. While "Gryphon" more commonly refers to the savage, violent animal that can't talk.

So, I like how they called it "Griffon the Brush-off", "Griffon" is a mix of the two, so it's kinda like; "they're not evil beasts, but they're not noble, either."

I bet you're pretty tired of reading "griffon" by now :P

I hope to see more Griffons, though, and have more of that aspect revealed and meat meet more of the avian/feline beasts as characters. So long as it doesn't destroy any possibility of a griffon kingdom, of course :P

I'm a wee bit annoyed by the fact that the first one to ever show up was a jerk, and the second is atypical, too. I kinda want to know what normal Griffons are like, to get a better sense of their world. Maybe something like pegasi?

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe this cake is the one used for the royal wedding 2 parter

Yeah I agree, probably for the royal wedding one. I think it may be like the art of the dress episode (I forgot the name)