Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were given one real life name change what would it be?

Handsome Changeling

This has likely been done before but what the hay, if this is taken down it's taken down.
Anyhoof, if you were given one legal name change for your real one what would it be? It can be AAAANYTHING you like, a name you prefer, an item, your OC name, anything.

I would change my name from Keenan Green to Leon Green, reason? Because my original birth name was Leon but it was changed when I was about 5 months old.

• Brohoof 1

I would change it to Kimi. It's my nickname right now, but I would love to change it to my real name. Everyone pretty much calls me Kimi now, and the only ones who call me by my real name are my parents. However, I'm pretty sure my mom would be pissed if I wanted to change it to Kimi. XD

• Brohoof 1

I would change my name from Keenan Green to Leon Green, reason? Because my original birth name was Leon but it was changed when I was about 5 months old.

Okay, now I'm wondering why your name was changed when you were a baby.

Edit: BTW I wouldn't change my name.  I'm satisfied with it and used to it.

Edited by CandyStrike
  • Brohoof 1

I would change it to Rose, and probably will sometime after college. Most of my friends already call me by this name, all I would have to deal with is my probably disapproving family. It is what I consider my "real" name, it just hasn't been changed in the eyes of the government yet...

I would probably change it to something like Rose, Sylvia or Nova, as they're all pretty sounding.

My real name is pretty sounding too, but since I'm named after a season, I can't stand it whenever somebody talks about the season named after me. It's like they're talking about me instead. :P

I would probably change my name to something more simpler, and so people can pronounce and spell my name without having difficulty. I don't value names to be honest, it's just a name, and just because my name is in a book doesn't mean I'm the exact meaning of it. To me, names are just used to call upon or communicate with to get someone's attention.

I would probably name myself something in archaic, like names from old times, but still people will probably spell it wrong. My mother named me, but I feel it's my life so I can name myself whatever I feel like. Then again, my name has been with me for a long time so I don't think I'll change it, instead I'll just use a nickname.

I would love to be named Terra for a variety of reasons:

1. It is earthy. (It means land in Latin)

2. It doesn't sound too girly.

3. It is not very common. (My real name is painfully common)

4. It is from Latin.

5. I just like how it sounds.

• Brohoof 1

I used to really like the name 'Victoria', and wouldn't have minded that being my name for quite some time. I still think it's pretty, but I don't know... I think I'll stick with the one my mom chose for me. That's the least I could do...

I'd probably change it to either Ryu or Orion because those names sound awesome. Then again, I don't much enjoy hearing my name now and I think if it were different I'd begin to dislike hearing those names as well at some point; I'm not sure.

I think I'm happy with my name :D It suits me, evern if it's not the prettiest out there, or the nicest sounding, or the most unique. I like it, and I wouldn't feel complete without it. 

I could just be simple and change the accursed Edwin in my name to Edwardo, but maybe a last name change too... from 'Davis' to Vivere (as a promise, I guess.... :)). Edwardo John Vivere... sounds good to me. B)

my Dad went through so much trouble with my Mom just so I can have this name.... my mother wanted to name me Micheal, then Lee, then Skyler.... my father knew as soon as he was about to have a Son he was going to name me  _____  there was no debating or anything.... eventually my mother gave in but she chose my middle name.... so I would never change my name even if I was given the opportunity

• 4 years later...

A lot of my favourite girl names are a bit more on the less normal side. Maybe it's because my real name is like that? :mlp_pout:

Hmm, on the top of my head... Hailey, Laramie, Anabelle, Mina (a lot of southern names actually, lol) 

i probably wouldn't change my christian name but if I were to either go into politics or be vocal opposition, I'd probably change my surname from Turner to McLaughlin due to the fact that during the war of independence (in the late 1300s) the Lamont clan (there isn't a Turner clan, we're part of the Lamont clan) fought on the side of the English, when the McLaughlin clan fought on the side of the Scottish freedom fighters,

• Brohoof 2

Zecora, definitely Zecora! I love that name. But not being a native English speaker, I have no idea if it’s any good or if it sounds silly? But who cares, my real name is nothing fancy or cool anyway, just very common.

I don't know if I would, honestly. Almost nobody calls me by my first name (Nathanael), or even a variant of that. Most of my family calls me Jack, and everyone at work calls me by my last name. I don't think me changing my first name would change anything really.