Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A loner philosophy, any loners agree?

TheMarkz0ne

Being almost 22 and having a frame of reference for life and people. I think in life, maybe I might be a loner. I'm that low with my trust in people. I have been the idiot and it's no secret. I know that in school people thought I was a walking piece of trash, as they snickered and faked being nice to me. I saw it under their grins. I took time to notice, the human experience is all about being number 1. Politics, sports, science, art, entertainment and everything we do, is about climbing to the top. Sure, you need to maul some people to get there, and we condone that, it is who we are and will forever be.

I don't ascribe to a group anymore, I dream of a true genuine group, but that's dreamland. Batman doesn't need a Robin. Robin is there to get the attention because he's with the true icon. I know they're cartoon characters, but you can use that in real life for everything. Maybe it is all YOU. Groups are just a show. 

The reason why every facet of this world is corrupt is because we care more about half assed success, then making genuine progress. 

The United States in great retrospect is not a great country, nor ever was, people just wanted a country to idolize. Science didn't need to invent a bomb to kill millions and they knew it, they knew it and chuckingly killed people. Doctors know the food industry is not healthy and meds manage a disease, they don't care, they need money. 

All those so called achievements are what's approved by people, But in the end, it was all because of one person's drive to create their vision.. Granted, a death filled and evil vision, but a vision non the less. 

• Brohoof 5

Well, well, well. We meet again my misanthropic counterpart.  :okiedokielokie:

Shall we set upon one another for yet more verbal jousting of ideology?

Being almost 22 and having a frame of reference for life and people. I think in life, maybe I might be a loner. I'm that low with my trust in people. I have been the idiot and it's no secret. I know that in school people thought I was a walking piece of trash, as they snickered and faked being nice to me. I saw it under their grins. I took time to notice, the human experience is all about being number 1. Politics, sports, science, art, entertainment and everything we do, is about climbing to the top. Sure, you need to maul some people to get there, and we condone that, it is who we are and will forever be.

Agreed to a point. There is something within us that drives us to succeed, to conquer, to create. However, that striving needn't come at the cost of other's blood and dignity. Success and progress can come by honest means, is the stronger person the one that wins by the acumen of their own skill and dedication, or the won who needs to cheat?

I don't ascribe to a group anymore, I dream of a true genuine group, but that's dreamland. Batman doesn't need a Robin. Robin is there to get the attention because he's with the true icon. I know they're cartoon characters, but you can use that in real life for everything. Maybe it is all YOU. Groups are just a show.  The reason why every facet of this world is corrupt is because we care more about half assed success, then making genuine progress. 

I could not disagree more. You make apt observations on some, but not everyone who calls someone else friend is looking for a gain unless one counts friendship itself.

You're speaking of identity politics. Something that is a problem I grant you, but it's not universal to the human condition.

The United States in great retrospect is not a great country, nor ever was, people just wanted a country to idolize. Science didn't need to invent a bomb to kill millions and they knew it, they knew it and chuckingly killed people. Doctors know the food industry is not healthy and meds manage a disease, they don't care, they need money. 

Just as a burning patriot speaking, you ignore the great things this nation has done.

Carrying on with England as the democratizers of the modern democratic model of government. From the Kitty Hawk to the moon landing.

If you insist on citing the scientists that created the atom bomb, you could at least acknowledge the context by which they created it.

"I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

~Robert Oppenheimer

He hardly sounds like he was twirling his mustache with glee as Einstein adjusted his monocle.

All those so called achievements are what's approved by people, But in the end, it was all because of one person's drive to create their vision.. Granted, a death filled and evil vision, but a vision non the less. 

We've done this song and dance before Mark, I am just as ready to contest you now as I was then, if not more so. Call me the champion and advocate of the United States, humanity, and idealism itself.

Lastly, that title is a misnomer. What you describe is no more "philosophy" than any of the parody goth kids on South Park are the Great Classical Thinkers of Greece.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 5

First of all, i won't claim to know what you've been through, although i can relate to what you've said about school to a certain degree. You can say i wasn't exactly the most popular guy in school either, but it didn't bother me.

Do i need any people in my life? No, i'm self-sufficient. I don't need anyone to sustain myself, and i can do everything on my own. But i want to surround myself with certain people for the sole reason that i actually want to be around them. I don't need their admiration or appreciation, it's just that i hold them precious to me so i have them around. Every moment i spend with them is something i relish, for better or worse. If i'm Batman, i want the people closest to me to be there when i put the Joker behind bars.

As for what you've said about the USA - again, i know little of how your country (assuming you're talking from experience) is run, but every country has problems. When you have finite resources, and problems keep heading your way, all you can do is deal with them the best you can. Corruption is a problem of humanity as a whole, it has little to do with the USA in particular. Politics, Science, everything - it doesn't matter where you're from, whenever in history people competed with their peers for something or other, you would see fabricated proof, propaganda, misleading, shady-deals and everything else that would simply secure one's profit because with great success comes great reward.

I'm sure i don't have to explain why currency and modern economy works the way it does, and while i agree that progress in any field might be slow (if not stunted altogether in certain parts of the world), it's at least possible because you need to motivate people to obtain whatever progress they can.

I sincerely (and respectfully) disagree with your ideas.

• Brohoof 2

I think you are suffering from a case of being 22. You'll get over it.

I'm not exactly a venerable old geezer, but I am old enough to know that pointless cynicism is not a good set of mind or a redeemable philosophy.

Buck up. :P

Edited by Scream Lucid Dream
  • Brohoof 2

I've grown up a loner, but I hold a fairly positive view of people. Honestly, I was by myself through most of high school, but that's because my interests rarely coincided with the interests of my peers. I didn't have anyone to talk about video games, racing, or even knowledge about, so I largely stood by myself.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a loner but not by choice. Severe social anxiety and autism will do that to you.

Not quite the same thing, but I have Asperger's Syndrome. Sarcasm and tone are things I don't pick up on naturally, so it makes conversations very difficult. I could approach my peers, but anything beyond that required some mental gymnastics.

So I can sympathize.

I've grown up a loner, but I hold a fairly positive view of people. Honestly, I was by myself through most of high school, but that's because my interests rarely coincided with the interests of my peers. I didn't have anyone to talk about video games, racing, or even knowledge about, so I largely stood by myself.

What are some of your favorite video games?  :)

• Brohoof 1

Being almost 22 and having a frame of reference for life and people. I think in life, maybe I might be a loner. I'm that low with my trust in people.

I'm basically a loner too, but it's not because I don't trust people. It's more so because I grew up being painfully shy, while sharing the same ideas of friendship as pre-season 1 Twilight. If I may say this, it could be because I'm slightly autistic, but that's just speculation.

I have been the idiot and it's no secret. I know that in school people thought I was a walking piece of trash, as they snickered and faked being nice to me. I saw it under their grins. I took time to notice, the human experience is all about being number 1. Politics, sports, science, art, entertainment and everything we do, is about climbing to the top. Sure, you need to maul some people to get there, and we condone that, it is who we are and will forever be.

That can be true, yeah. I'll give you that.

The thing is, though, not everyone subscribes to that ideology. A lot of those people who treated you like shit in school are going to be flipping burgers or cleaning toilets for the rest of their lives. In kiddie school you can get away with that kind of behavior, but in the real world, you have to respect people to get anywhere. Modesty is valued more than you'd think.

I mean... come on, man. When was the last time you heard about a scientist killing another scientist to become a better scientist? That's just laughable.

I don't ascribe to a group anymore, I dream of a true genuine group, but that's dreamland. Batman doesn't need a Robin. Robin is there to get the attention because he's with the true icon. I know they're cartoon characters, but you can use that in real life for everything. Maybe it is all YOU. Groups are just a show. 

The reason why every facet of this world is corrupt is because we care more about half assed success, then making genuine progress. 

You're saying what now?

Well... did you vote in the last election? The thing about America is that if you don't like something, you have the power to try to change it.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

So that I don't take this too off-topic, I will say that while I never had the biggest group of friends, that group dwindled by the time I got into high school. I had more social interactions in junior high than I did in high school, but I won't say that is a bad thing!

Then there's college, where I stayed in the dorm most of the time. X3

What are some of your favorite video games?  :)

I have plenty, but my top 12... ;)

1. Spyro the Dragon series (Classic, Legends, Skylanders)
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
4. Dragon Age: Origins
5. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
6. Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
7. Star Wars: TIE Fighter
8. Sonic the Hedgehog (1, 2, 3, Knuckles)
9. Forza Motorsport series (Motorsport and Horizon)
10. Captain Skyhawk
11. Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome
12. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit series

• Brohoof 1

I'm a loner, I stay away from crowds, I do my own thing. Also, most strangers I'm around haven't been nice to me so I've grown a negative barrier around myself. I'm paranoid too, usually when I'm around people I expect they'll say something bad, typically when they stare is when they do this. I've found the higher in group numbers people are in, the more likely they'll point me out. 

I do agree with most people striving for number one, everything has to be big and eye-candy, the small details are left out and most agree with the majority because if they have their own opinion, they'll be shunned for it. I avoid following crowds that it's become second nature to me. Like when people enter a store, they go the same route but I'll be the only one going my own route because people walk slow to me anyways, lol.

I seem to be attracted to people of handicap or emotional traits like me, that way I'll be less likely to be judged. Even typing this, I always have that feeling, just because it's the internet and words fly out without thinking about what people just said. Anonymous key-board warriors are welcome. :)

• Brohoof 1