Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you eat healthy?

_Kurtis

Do you have a balanced diet?  :D 

I know I do; I eat very healthy. The last time I even touched junk food was almost 3 years ago. Now, all I can eat is fruits, veggies, super foods and ETC. I also drink healthy, too. I either drink water or fresh blended fruit. Soda's pretty nasty, and not just because it's unhealthy. But honestly, I don't JUST eat healthy because I want to stay fit, I eat healthy because junk food doesn't taste very good IMO. Soda makes my teeth feel weird and food with too much sugar makes my throat tingly (for some odd reason). Not to mention that junk food gives you pimples, cavities, and it generally slows you down.

Edited by Generosity
  • Brohoof 5

Yep! I recently started just eating those good foods and drinking lots of water and I feel really good! I used to eat really badly.

It makes such a difference in how you feel. :)

• Brohoof 1

No, not even close ;~;

I can eat healthy foods but not much, I prefer the taste of say, brownies than apples. I exercise and take vitamins  to make up for it though  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha... No. Like, not at all.

Perhaps I should... But in terms of taking care of myself, even that is lower on the list of what needs to be done.

• Brohoof 1

Not as much as I should. I can't cook very well, so most of what I eat is usually microwavable or prepackaged. As far as snacking goes, I'm more inclined to choose chocolate or chips over an apple or banana majority of the time. 

• Brohoof 1

I eat very healthy in order to maintain my weight and stay energized. My diet is mostly low-carb, protein-rich foods with lots of veggies.

.. But I do have a cheat day, every once in a while, which is actually quite healthy for your body, just as long as you never over do it.

I would say so for the most part. I eat grains and fruits or vegetables whenever I get the chance to, drink water, drink less sodas than I used to, don't eat too much fast food, and prefer soy or almond milk over regular milk. I do however eat chocolate and desserts.

Let's see... today I had:

• breakfast: Cheerios and semi-skimmed milk, coffee.
  • lunch: flour tortilla with cheddar cheese and salsa, coffee.
  • afternoon: coffee.
  • dinner: mushroom and pancetta risotto, water.
  • evening: orange and passionfruit cordial.

Whether you'd call that healthy or not, I don't know. The risotto had a tablespoon or so of butter in it, so could have been better.

Normally I'd probably have a few more fruit and vegetables in there, but we're coming to the end of a shopping cycle so there's not much in the house.

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 1

Yep! I recently started just eating those good foods and drinking lots of water and I feel really good! I used to eat really badly.

It makes such a difference in how you feel. :)

I used to eat badly too, when I was little. Now, I cringe when I see junk food! You're absolutely right, it does make a difference in how you feel. Personally, I feel more energized and alive ever since I started eating right.

Nope. My regular diet is a vending machine snack in the morning and then whatever my mom makes for dinner.

May I ask out of curiosity, what does your mother usually make for dinner?

No, not even close ;~;

I can eat healthy foods but not much, I prefer the taste of say, brownies than apples. I exercise and take vitamins  to make up for it though  :squee:

At least you are exercising! Trust me, the worst you can do is eat badly WHILE lazily lounging around most of the time. Also, I used to prefer other foods than apples, but ever since I started eating an apple daily, it's the only thing I crave!  :please: 

I try to eat healthy and avoid bad foods when I can. Of course I am not perfect but I don't try to be.

Nobody's perfect, it's actually pretty healthy to sometimes pleasure yourself with a treat once in a while.

Hahaha... No. Like, not at all.

Perhaps I should... But in terms of taking care of myself, even that is lower on the list of what needs to be done.

Sneaking in even a bit of healthy foods will have a big impact!

Not as much as I should. I can't cook very well, so most of what I eat is usually microwavable or prepackaged. As far as snacking goes, I'm more inclined to choose chocolate or chips over an apple or banana majority of the time. 

Sneaking in a bit of healthy foods with have a major impact! Switching in an apple (or another preferred fruit) instead of a sugar loaded snack is a good choice. If you manage to do that, who knows, you might even get into the habit of eating apples purely out of enjoyment! 

I eat very healthy in order to maintain my weight and stay energized. My diet is mostly low-carb, protein-rich foods with lots of veggies.

.. But I do have a cheat day, every once in a while, which is actually quite healthy for your body, just as long as you never over do it.

Lots of veggies, you say? May I ask, what is your favorite vegetable?

Yeah, I recently started to change my diet to a more healthier one.

I have been eating more fruit, veg and have been drinking green tea more regularly.

Mmm, green tea is delicious (and not to mention, super healthy)! Did you know that green tea helps reduce the risk of heart disease, reduces the risk of certain cancers, brings down your cholesterol, and it's good for your skin!

I would say so for the most part. I eat grains and fruits or vegetables whenever I get the chance to, drink water, drink less sodas than I used to, don't eat too much fast food, and prefer soy or almond milk over regular milk. I do however eat chocolate and desserts.

Cutting back on sodas and fast food is definitely doing your body a great favor. I actually never tried soy or almond milk, because I never really drink milk at all... The only time I even have an opportunity to drink milk is when I eat my oatmeal, but I don't put milk in it; I put water in my oatmeal.

I try to, and I generally do, but I still have a love/hate relationship with junk food.

I have a hate relationship with junk food, haha.  :please: 

Depends on what I can afford. :/ 

Ah, most healthy foods shouldn't be too costly though. It depends on what you're buying and how much of it your buying, too.

Yeah I definitely eat healthy. :) I think healthier food tastes so much better than junk food :eww:

I feel the same way! Not only do healthier foods taste better, they make you feel better too.

Let's see... today I had:

• breakfast: Cheerios and semi-skimmed milk, coffee.
  • lunch: flour tortilla with cheddar cheese and salsa, coffee.
  • afternoon: coffee.
  • dinner: mushroom and pancetta risotto, water.
  • evening: orange and passionfruit cordial.

Whether you'd call that healthy or not, I don't know. The risotto had a tablespoon or so of butter in it, so could have been better.

Normally I'd probably have a few more fruit and vegetables in there, but we're coming to the end of a shopping cycle so there's not much in the house.

I'd say that's pretty healthy. I agree, it probably would've been good to substitute the butter with something else, though. Also, Cheerios is a pretty good brand of cereal, unlike most of the other extremely sugary ones!

I say that I eat pretty healthy with the occasional junk food added.

As long as the occasional junk food isn't too occasional.  :please: 

• Brohoof 2

I used to when I ran 6 days a week with 3 days of muscle exercise, 1 day being my day of rest. Lately I've been picking up soda habits and eating fast food again because it's cheaper and I haven't found another job yet.

Quite, I'm lucky because I've been so fond of vegetables and fruits and generally healthy food my whole life. As for now, I make sure I get all the nutrients I need, especially protein :P kind of a protein junkie at this point.

Lots of veggies, you say? May I ask, what is your favorite vegetable?

Probably spinach, since I use it in almost everything. 

I love healthy food. Spinach, rye bread, mushroom, fish, banana, oats etc. Man that shits the bomb.

My achilles heel is KFC however. I could eat that shit until i get heart palpitations.