Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you eat healthy?

_Kurtis

I ought to be, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting back into it. At least I mostly gave up drinking soda but my diet could use a lot of improvement. Aside from that, more exercise and who knows, I might actually be fit one day.

• 5 months later...

My mom is a bit of what some might call a health nut, so it's been imprinted on me. I do, howeverrrr, have a weakness for chocolate. But, hey, who doesn't?

Not at all. Especially because I'm home all day for the summer alone, I spend most of my days watching television and eating whatever I can find in the pantry. I've always been a bad eater, but it seems to get even worse when I'm bored. Fortunately, when school starts back up, I get in a regular habit of portion control. Still, even then, I'll probably never eat vegetables and the like.

I used to eat really bad and I mean really bad. I basically lived on frozen food and soda and paid no attention to portion control. Needless to say, that sort of lifestyle got me into a pretty bad place.

Since last year I've completely changed my eating habits and have managed to cut that garbage out entirely. Now it's water and healthier stuff like tuna and fruit. I try to do low carb, no sugar and high protein. It seems to be working because I've lost over 110 pounds in the last 15 months. 

Putting on an old pair of pants you haven't been able to wear in years, tastes orders of magnitude better than any piece of cake ever will.              

• Brohoof 1

Not even a little. I can't stand most healthy foods and ingredients. It's disgusting. It's not an exaggeration to say that stuff like McDonalds are among my favorite foods and nothing stands up to it.

And yes. I've had a "real burger" and other crap that people consider to be better or real food. Still doesn't match the delicious taste of McDonalds. :P

These types of threads remind me, how unhealthy I really am. I have been trying to cut back, I really have. Even switching from 4 regular soda's a day to Diet soda. I am the farthest from a healthy person and if I don't change something, I could see me having a heart attack in my early 40's. I lost a little bit of weight. I used to weigh like 195 I have dropped down to 174 but, then cheated quite a bit so, now I am up to 183. My (Most likely Unreachable) goal, is to be 160. But, knowing me, once I get there, I will get right back to the weight I am at now.

Yes actually. That and local and even self (community) grown. It is the best way of doing things. I would advise against not using the correct pestisides though. That whole 'organic' bandwagon is not all that good really...

I go ape on protein shakes and fruits and vegetables with lots of carbs. Have to fuel my distance running. I do think I eat very well. I do however eat burritos a lot (not bad persae) and candy because small amounts are low calorie and long lasting like eating suckers.

as an asian my food revolves on a rice based diet

other than that i eat meat alot

and oh i have an unhealthy relationship with instant noodles 

I generally eat meat for the most part, with some veggies, pasta or rice on the side. Somedays it's just veggies/pasta/rice only. I don't eat snacks anymore, other than popcorn when it's movietime. So...I suppose I do :P

Well I sit on my butt most of the day so I kinda have to have a healthy diet. I eat a lot of veggies and a fair number of fruit, but nowadays I'm just not eating as much meat as I used to. No specific reason; I just don't fell like it. Water and milk are my top two beverages, with the occasional fruit juice. Most days I eat Corn Flakes for breakfast and whatever's in the fridge for lunch and dinner (not very picky), or I cook my own food.

The only problem with my diet I can think of is Subway once a week, but I guess since the sandwich I get is pretty much veggies with a little meat it's okay. Idk, I'm not a nutritionist.

It's about 70/30 for me. Some junk, not much. I will eat fruits/veggies like there's no tomorrow. And I rarely eat any fast foods.  :yay:

Fruits and vegetables are healthy I can eat everyday, and also with milk.  :)

Try using this picture as MyPyramid.gov of what food you get that are healthy for you!

fgp.jpg

Not remotely, I don't worry about that stuff because I'm not too overweight or out of shape. I usually eat instant food and drink green tea. Not the best diet but not terrible either, I don't eat a lot of sweets either.