Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia has another sister?

Champion RD92

I believe I read that Cadence is Celestia's niece, so wouldn't that mean Celestia must have another sister besides Luna? Unless Cadence is Luna's daughter, which I highly doubt.

I wen't by the theory that The Princess and Prince from the Hearts and Hooves Day's story are really Cadance's parents, (The love potion they drank, it passed on to Cadence, and that's how she has her powers to spread love) Celestia as a punishment banned them both, and took Cadence under her wing, and treated her as a relative.

Celestia's and Luna's parents haven't been shown..... but I'm waiting for the day....

Well if we only knew about her parents. It would be nice to know more about them. But no. I don't think she has.

Why did they make Faust change Celestia to princess instead of queen? Quite puzzling. Maybe... a queen will apper in season 3, perhaps? Or the season after season 3?

Why did they make Faust change Celestia to princess instead of queen? Quite puzzling. Maybe... a queen will apper in season 3, perhaps? Or the season after season 3?

I believe that was because kids would like 'Princess Celestia' instead of 'Queen Celestia'. But you're probably right about these questions being answered in season 3. There are a LOT of questions that need to be answered.

My initial reaction to hearing about Twilight's "surprise" brother marrying Celestia's "surprise" niece:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

Never in the show was she mentioned as Celestia's niece.

(edited)

I actually have a fan pic of what Celestias and LUnas mom looks like ....

And here it is. I couldnt find a name so I just thought up Universe, and Deepspace.

post-5326-0-89399100-1343088938.jpg

Edited by SolarWind

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, since this topic got Necro'd, I might as well put my two cents in here. :) (Necro'ing is not against the rules in this forum, so no problems there.)

Blueblood and Cadance. While it wasn't said straight out in the show to my memory, in several of the spin-off media they refer to Celestia as 'Aunt Celestia' or are mentioned as the nephew or niece of Celestia. How the heck does that work? Are they the descendants of Luna or another unknown sibling of Celestia. Does Celestia and Luna have a brother we've never heard of yet?

While there's nothing saying the ruling sisters don't have another sibling... afterall we're still finding out about the families of the Mane6 of whom we've spent a lot more time on, there's another option: Political adoptions. These used to be very common in feudal societies. To pass titles onto people without going through succession wars, to cement treaties when political marriages were not possible, and the like.

These kinds of political arrangements were so common, and so convoluted, that after awhile everyone just gave up and assumed everyone with Noble lineage was at least cousins in some way. You can see that in Shakespeare when various characters refer to each other informally as 'cuz' even though they are not related to each other. It's basically an acknowledgement of each other's noble standing without being quite as close as calling each other 'brother' or 'sister' as is common with people who belong to the same club or service. Very young people would refer to older people who were connected this way as 'Aunt' or 'Uncle' as it's easier to deal with than saying fifteenth cousin a hundred times removed or whatever nonsense. ;) 

Blueblood very likely is a descendant of unicorn nobility, and is a social climber type. It's very likely his ancestors claimed 'cousin' with Celestia & Luna when they first ascended to the thrones of Equestria, as a means of holding on to their noble status despite their increasing irrelevance. That would get passed down, with Blueblood now claiming 'nephew' more out of habit than reality. 

As for Cadance; because she's an alicorn princess herself, but became so when very young according to the novel it happened in, it's very likely Celestia extended the 'niece' bit to Cadance once the filly became an alicorn in an effort to protect her. Basically bringing the new alicorn under the umbrella of her elder to keep the chancers like Blueblood off her back.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

hehe the odds are in your favor. Cadance is actually Celestia's adopted niece meaning that Luna is Cadance's adopted mother. I thought the same thing when I first realized that. I'm not totally sure if that's the case, but all my research adds up to it. I couldn't find anything else, barely anything all. But yes, Luna adopted Cadance. But Cadance was also an old member of the royal family. :love: