Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler I created a handy episode list for people who prefer the S1&2 vibe.

GuillermoGage

(edited)

It sounds like some people could have only been satisfied if the entire show just ended at the end of season 2 or even season 1. Because for them, nothing's really ever good enough.

That's kinda my point as well.

MLP may have had been focusing on episodes with good morals and stuff especially at the beginning when the had to work within the e/i label, but keeping up with that is hard.

Most sitcoms and SpongeBob-y and Simpson-y cartoons can remain funny while also sticking to the same formula because the don't have to worry about having to enrich a little kid audience.

Continuity, character development that actually stays, and stuff challenges kid's minds. The arcs and stuff are every bit as much for them as it is for us, if not moreso.

So yeah, these S1&2 loyalists have the choice of ending the show when the world of MLP is just beginning, or come up with more episode ideas themselves or otherwise demonstrate that there's another 26 or even more episode ideas left that have a "Dear Princess Celestia" thing going on.

Edited by GuillermoGage

It sounds like some people could have only been satisfied if the entire show just ended at the end of season 2 or even season 1. Because for them, nothing's really ever good enough.

Because of this, they will raise ridiculously high expectations and if an episode doesn't meet those unrealistic expectations, they will deem the show "ruined." Half the episodes especially in the later seasons I see get criticized when they really aren't that bad. Heck, half the things they say could easily apply to episodes from the first 2 seasons.

Because of this, they will raise ridiculously high expectations and if an episode doesn't meet those unrealistic expectations, they will deem the show "ruined." Half the episodes especially in the later seasons I see get criticized when they really aren't that bad. Heck, half the things they say could easily apply to episodes from the first 2 seasons.

Some of the criticism isn't fair. The show was supposedly meant to end at season three meaning if they were going to have Twilight become an Alicorn, I assumed it was a "now or never" situation. And the writers would have no choice in the matter. I also believe that much criticism is just a dislike of change in general.

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, here come the haters. Please don't make this thread get locked too.
Calling me a hater implies that I hate all critics. When in fact I happen to be subscribed to several critics, including brony analysits. It's just that some of them I really don't find to be that good of critics.

I have to ask, do "Season 1 and 2 loyalists" even exist? And if they do, I also have to ask, why isn't season 3 included? I don't think it's that much different from season 2. 

Season 4 may be a different story. Personally, I enjoyed most of it, but there certainly were a number of episodes that simply relied on gimmicks for the sake of making them more memorable, when honestly, they really only brought them down and made them worse.  

Edited by Cleverclover

I have to ask, do "Season 1 and 2 loyalists" even exist?

It's just the passive aggressive way of referring to anyone who likes seasons 1 and 2 and not the others when you want to act superior to anyone with a different opinion.

It's just the passive aggressive way of referring to anyone who likes seasons 1 and 2 and not the others when you want to act superior to anyone with a different opinion.

I reckon I did indeed use the phrase "Season 1 and 2 loyalists", but it doesn't strike me as a "passive aggressive" phrase. I'm not sure of what other short phrase to use that isn't inherently divisive-sounding other than the long phrase "people who prefer Seasons 1 and 2".

I guess it reminds people of Loyalists during the time of the American Revolution/colonial times?

And I did use the phrase "Lauren-Faustian" multiple times... but I personally did not have any real emotion invested in that phrasing.

Did some banishment of off topic items, and some really unneeded comments. This is a really interesting discussion that GG created, lets keep it civil and not personal, that includes this:

Separate the idea from the individual. Discuss the concepts, without making your posts sound like vitriol marginalizing the other persons because they hold a specific view. 

Imagine People Complexly

• Brohoof 1