Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when you get sick?

TheOneWhoLurks

depends on the sickness.

i almost never get sick, but when i do, it´s usually pretty serious.

Last time when i was sick, i had catched a serious flu, and i stayed in bed for about 3 days, basically either sleeping/ browsing the internet/reading all day long.

• Brohoof 2

I'll stay at home only when I'm either so sick I can't move, or when I'm faking it somehow. Otherwise I'll just do whatever I intended on doing anyway. I'll drink lots of water, and if something hurts I'll take an aspirin.

I haven't been really sick in a really long time. Usually it's just a runny nose or my nose is stuffed up so I just kinda suck it up and go on with my day.

The last time I was really sick I had a fever and that was about a year ago. It was because of the jaw surgery I had. I had it for about a week, but I was in recovery anyway so I just slept and wanted to die. I had to get new antibiotics cause the original ones they gave me I kept throwing up.

Edited by Cupcakes14

I am rarely sick. When I do get sick, I usually have the flu. And I just sleep, even if I don't want to.... I mean, I just get really tired and I fall asleep automatically.

Usually goes away in a couple days so it's not too bad.

I have a crappy immune system and as of that I am ill very often and usually fairly easily too, so when I am ill I get my phone, put on some music and sit in my bed and relax, usually with some Tea, kinda simplistic but it works, I sometimes get my dog to relax with me in my bed since it's nice.

Go about my day. World doesn't stop because I'm sick and Ive still got much to do.

Though Ive also had pneumonia half a dozen times. So there's probably something to be said for taking a day when needed. But, eh, I have much to do.

All they'll do for a broken finger is tape it anyway.

You can do that for about .50 with electric tape. So not into being charged 200.00 just to walk through the door.

Take medication, preferably not antibiotics and just go about my life as if I wan't sick. The only way I will stay home is if I have a spout of vertigo(dizzy and throwing up) I can't do anything when I have vertigo and I have it more often than colds. 

1 cup of water

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Boil water. Add vinegar, salt, and cayenne. Stir until all combined. Then take one teaspoon of the mixture every 15 minutes until symptoms dissipate, every 30 minutes afterward. Boosts the immune system!

If i am really sick, i will lay in my bed, drink some icky but good medicine and i get some cuddling sessions from Dr. Sparkle. (AKA my Twilight plushie)

medium.png

1 cup of water

1 cup apple cider vinegar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Boil water. Add vinegar, salt, and cayenne. Stir until all combined. Then take one teaspoon of the mixture every 15 minutes until symptoms dissipate, every 30 minutes afterward. Boosts the immune system!

I've been taking a cap full of apple cider vinegar, mixed with a little huney in a small cup of water along with a cinnamon stick, after every meal for the last 9 months as a sort of health tonic. This has been the first winter in recent memory that I have not gotten sick. It has made me a firm beliver in the stuff.

Edited by Gearbox10mm
  • Brohoof 2

Also, can't hurt to take Vitamin C tablets as soon as you start feeling symptoms. Or as soon as you hear about a bug going around. Or just in general.

And eat lots of oranges. Dems got good Vitamins, and dey taste good, too!

Also, if you're into essential oils, my parents got me Thieves' Oil a while back because I used to get colds so often, and to my recollection, I never once got sick while I was taking it. A couple drops of that stuff straight onto your tongue will sure wake you up in the mornin'!

Edited by Henny Penny Benny