Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pain tolerance

Haruhi-chan

My pain tolerance is pretty high, because I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys most types of pain that result from injury. Not in a sexual way though; it doesn't turn me on. It's something that I don't think can really be explained, you either get it or you don't.

I may not particularly enjoy it but I still understand what you mean. Sometimes when I am seriously hurt I get these intense adrenaline rushes that are even more intense than the ones I normally get when I am working and I have had quite a few doozies though some of them were enhanced a bit through energy drinks. They are often followed by equally intense crashes that leave me exhausted though, they are a bit of double edged sword though. They give me more strength to push through and double as a rather useful pain killer but can also contribute to me under estimating just how hurt I really am. Of course the weird thing is that when my knee acts of because I have stood in place too long certain things that would normally aggravate it like kneeling and squating feel pretty much as good as you can imagine without is turning sexual. Of course there are also certain mild forms of sexual pain that I do like but it is probably best I don't go into too much detail about that.

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on the moment. If I get hurt during a fencing competition I usually set it aside and continue, but once all the adrenaline is gone I tend to whine a fair bit about it. It's not like I can't bear it, I just like to be dramatic sometimes. All in all, though, I'm fairly good at dealing with pain.

Bah

Its science

You know why babies cry all the time?

Because the sensations are the worst thing they have ever felt (couple of other reasons as well)

You work your way up through life from there

Basically:

I have broken my face twice

I have broken my skull once (cracked)

I have broken my teeth 6 times

I have been run over by a car

I have accidentally stabbed a screwdriver through my hand

I have skinned the heel of my right foot to the bone

I have damaged a large part of my thumb with a saw, which is now thankfully fixed

I have dislocated my both my arms, one of them twice.

I have sustained multiple cuts, bruises, and other injuries of various sizes also.

I have accumulated an overly large pain tolerance.

And hell, I'm only 16. Cant wait for the next..... 70? Years of my life.

Funfunfun

Edited by bonamb

I'd have to say mine's pretty high. One time I was out in my yard with a hatchet limbing some logs getting ready to cut them for firewood. At one point I was lopping off this one branch close to the ground and the hatchet hit wrong, bounced off and the blade caught my ankle and cut it pretty badly. Rather than pay 110 bucks at the local hospital's emergency room to get it sewed up I took off my tee shirt, ripped a bandage and wrapped that around my ankle to slow the bleeding. Yeah, it was bleeding pretty bad.

I went in the house, got a closer look at the wound, saw it was pretty deep so I got a little sewing needle, heated it with a bic lighter, got some cotton thread, wetted it with alcohol then got a wooden spoon.

I bit down on the wooden spoon while I sewed my wound up then slapped a bandage over it. I did a pretty good job of it, too. There's much of a scar.

I have a high pain tolerance and that has got even higher because of how many times I break my bodies bones, I have broken quite about everywhere humanly possible with dying, and weirdly, I like it, pain is something I like (Yeah, I like it in a sexual way too ¬_¬)
Some areas though on my body, and I yelp like a dog, for instance, my nose, I got beat up pretty bad in a fight once and now I have a glass nose, it erupts with blood at the slightest touch, and every time it hurts pretty bad... Anyhoof, my pain tolerance is pretty good. 

Depends on the pain. I tolerate some pain but things like headaches really hurt. I never complain though. A lot of the time I just wince or respond with other physical reactions.

My tolerance for pain is lower than the average person, but I am learning to deal with pain more than I did before.  I still actively do what I can to avoid pain though.

My pain tolerance is neither low or high. It really depends if I'm able to take on the pain.

I can take on needles going into my arm and salt going into my cavities. But,even the littlest of things like paper cuts can still hurt me.

Extremely high!!! I dont know why, maybe I just ignore it or something. I could get square rounded house kicked in the face and be like "Could you get you boot out of my face thanks..."

But what is weird I have the most tolerance like in my head I guess...With my hair I could rip a handful of hair out (Not like I do all the time XD)

And be like "Alright loose hair"

I have a high pain tolerance. Being chronically ill all my life, I was inpatient in the hospital alot till I was 17yrs, so I'm use to being poked and prodded, and having painful stuff done- so pains no big deal. I've also got chronic pain issues, so it's a fact of life I will hurt.

I think having a high pain tolerance has allowed me to be calmer in anxiety situations, and to not get upset during tests. Hospitals are totally cool with me, so I try and calm people down when they're at the hospital.

Now, the only time I'm around needled anymore is when I'm getting pierced LOL

Two worst pains I had to deal with though was a chest tube that was improperly placed, and when they had to test my need for infection and they had to poke around a bunch of time. Easiest pain I have ever dealt with was getting my piercings, especially my lip, nothing more than a slight pinch.

Edited by Antidaeophobia

Pain and how you experience it is all about how you perceive said pain.

I haven't taken anything harder than aspirin in nine years. In that time I've broken hands, feet, ribs, and fractured my skull. Ive torn the cartilage in my right knee and both ACLs are shot. Either tore my right rotator cuff or separated my shoulder last December.

Apparently, I should be experiencing horribly debilitating pain.

Dunno about that.

But I'm told that when I was six, I was diagnosed with a severe ear infection. Guess they caught it because I bombed the hearing test at the school.

Doc insisted that Id had it for atleast a year and a half. No indication that anything was wrong 'tip the school screening.

I'm actually pretty resilient.... I remember a few years ago I got hit in the testes and got right back up immedently...... the most pain I have ever been in was when I cut my pinky finger open I bleed out pretty badly and it hurt like a bitch.... gave me one hell of a scar too, I cringe every time I remember that day

It's fine, once you completely stop caring that it's there. It's like a check engine light on a car: Bright, annoying, and not really worth paying attention to.

Until you throw a rod through your oil pan. If you like your vehicle, or cant afford to replace it, don't ignore that. It will catch up to you eventually.

As a contra player in a world-class drum corps, my threshold has to be pretty high. Pain is a guarantee when you're swinging around 30 pounds of brass while marching complicated drill and playing professional-quality music.

tumblr_n6nesuNLLv1s04tjao1_1280.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Until you throw a rod through your oil pan. If you like your vehicle, or cant afford to replace it, don't ignore that. It will catch up to you eventually.

Well, yes. Pain is nothing, but it's usually a sign that there's something you should probably try and notice.

Well, yes. Pain is nothing, but it's usually a sign that there's something you should probably try and notice.

No.

I was literally referring to the engine light. If you're ECU's throwing codes, don't ignore that.

Fuck pain though. The body is an adaptive machine, it'll sort itself out.

• Brohoof 1

No.

I was literally referring to the engine light. If you're ECU's throwing codes, don't ignore that.

Fuck pain though. The body is an adaptive machine, it'll sort itself out.

Fair enough. By the way, you're serious about that Check Engine Light?

Yeah.

Can be something small like a rotten vac line or improperly sealed gas cap. Could also be a knock sensor going off because you're running gas with too high an octane rating. That'll eventually destroy your engine.

Bad MAF, O2, AIC, TPS, etc.

So many potential issues, its just meant to tell you something is wrong. Code reader and diagnostics gets you the rest of the way.

Edited by TSD