Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pain tolerance

Haruhi-chan

It really depends on the area. My eyes and teeth are rather low, but just about ever where else is high tolerance.

First day on the job I impaled my pinkie with a wooden shard, and had a office lady dig it out with a tack.  :mellow:

I thankfully have yet to truly test my pain tolerance, but from the experiences I've had so far it's pretty high. Pain hurts, yeah, but I don't shit myself or die, so it's okay. It doesn't really incapacitate me.

It depends on the importance of the pain, if it's a small pain I can easily ignore it, but if it is too important, then I feel that I am in a state of internal sickness and I want this pain to go away really fast.

I've been accustomed to pain from an early age. I was attacked by a cat when I was 4 and fell 20 ft when I was 8. Since then, I only feel pain as an immediate sense and then it quickly goes away. I'm more sensative to infection pain like a canker sore than I am to being impailed, bashed, struck, or cut. I csn cut myself with a knife and feel the sting for only a split second. I can hid myself over the head with a block of wood and only feel a dull pressure. I'vs impaled my hand once by accident and only felt the pain while the nail was in my hand. I've never broken any bones, or gotten a cavity, so I imagine those hurt for a while, but I do consider myself having a decent tolerance to pain.

It varies for me. Like, I'm not the type of person who will burst into tears. I actually have a hard time expressing my pain. I could be sitting at the doctor's office with a broken wrist, and they wouldn't even know it's the case. I think a lot of this has to do with my autism because it's hard for me to express things unless I can write them or use my iPad. I mean it's not a matter of talking that's a problem but just the lack of expression.

However. if I'm doubled over in pain... I'm most likely to show it by tears or simply complaining about it. It just depends on what sort of pain we are dealing with.

I'm not really well known for my pain tolerance. I try not to make a big show about injuring myself, but I will collapse to the ground when in enough pain, grimace and say "I think I need a moment..." It's a bit of a coping mechanism I've carried with me for a long time. Leg cramps and stabbing pain are a completely different story; that type of pain is on a different level and is a little more uncontrolled.

Fuck pain though. The body is an adaptive machine, it'll sort itself out.

Can you please tell that to the herniated discs in my spine? I tried, and kept lifting weights, and now I'm headed for surgery next month, while taking vicodin daily just to function/walk/sit. :'(

I can handle pain. I have mild to serve stomach pain everyday of my life since I was about ten. The sad thing is there is nothing doctors can do to make the pain stop or ease up. It's just something I have to deal with. When I broke my ankle last year I cursed really loud when it happened, but afterwards it stopped hurting so I was fine. Plus they gave me really strong pain killers.

I grew up in the country. Simple as xD
Broken my face so many times I'm just kinda used to it by now.

Edited by bonamb

• 3 years later...

When I was a teenager I was exceptional at handling pain. I could just analyze it, break it down into meaningless sensation and change my perception of it to the point it didn't bother me at all. I'm not as good at it now and I'm not sure why. Maybe I just need to practice more. I do whine about it when I get hurt though. Yeah, a real drama queen (move over, Rarity, I need to borrow that couch!) 

Well, it depends. Sometimes I have a pretty high pain tolerance... but other times....I might bang my toe on the side of a table and yell every profanity I can think of with tears in my eyes. :laugh: I guess it all depends on my mood. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

"I like having hurt, so send the pain below.. Much like suffocating."

Edited by TBD

I can safely say that I have a high tolerance for pain. I sort of treat it like a game sometimes. See how long you can hold a boiling hot drink in your hands before it gets too much that you have to put it down. Or see how close you can get your hand to a candle flame. Also, with a boiling hot bath. See how long you can sit in it before you decide it's too hot and to run some more cold water in it.

The only pain I don't seem to have any tolerance for is the one that comes with barfing. Seriously, when I throw up, it's like somebody is grabbing my stomach and wringing it like a sponge.  There is also the pain that comes with the sound of scraping ice. I flinch every time I go into the freezer. That noise hurts!

I don't handle pain very well, especially if it involves the eyes, fingers and toes. I tend to yell some choice words if I smash or pinch my finger on a tool or something. :P

Funny enough, my pain tolerance is not that high, but I love tattoos and piercings which require enduring pain.

• 4 months later...

What is pain? Ive been put through hell, I dont think much can phase me. 50 mph road rash. Loosing all the skin on my hands not once but twice (re creasing it feels all sorts of weird). The kidney stones were fun. The bone drill was managable. The spinal fluid large needle extractor takes the cake. I have known no greater pain than pinching a nerve in your spine.