Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First "Inner MLP Experience?"

Namename.

When I first became a Brony, I was actually still uneasy on a lot of things. I kept wondering if I was really into any of this. One night, I went to sleep, and had a dream.

I was af some sort of school grounds, and there were ponies and the officials all sort of wandering, making the dream the first to actually have ponies. There was one rule, and you just couldn't leave. Not for safety, but forcefully, like as a prison-like rule. There was a dark atmosphere, and I was frightened, so I went through several attempts to escape, with weird sequences going through a routine of leaving and being captured again. Literally, I couldn't take any more of the stress, and so I hung myself. I woke up and kept thinking, "Don't imagine them like that, not like that!"

Denying such imagination made me think that I really loved MLP. So, what about you? What was your first true MLP experience?

• Brohoof 2

These forums are like an inner experience and a form of escapism.

Why? Because at times, I feel like I'm talking to ponies especially with the members' avatars. Hell, even some members here think they're actually talking to Maud Pie when they're talking to me.

• Brohoof 2

I watched the first two seasons and loved them, but I was in denial of actually being a brony, which I don't think I was entirely wrong about. I watched the show, but I don't think that is what makes someone a brony. 

1. It's a choice of identity.

2. I did not partake in anything having to do with the fandom.

Brony - Ex. of: Fan

Fan = Fanatic

Fanatic = "filled with or expressing excessive zeal."

Anyhorse. I openly denied it to a friend at the time, saying I had watched the show but I didn't consider myself a brony. Basically, in a week, through enough denial, I broke, and started listening to fan music and looking for pone pictures to decorate my computer with. Cause they're adorable.

There wasn't really any inner experience on my end. :P I watched and enjoyed the show, found the forums, started getting merchandise...it just naturally carried on without much influence from anything. x3 Those were all my own decisions. So yeah! To say the least I have had dreams about MLP. Pretty rare though but when they happen I enjoy them. ^^

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 1

Whenever I get into something I usually obsess over it for at least three days, so once I started watching the show I was essentially thinking about it 24 hours a day. That sounds like enough of an inner experience to me, really :lol:

• 1 month later...

When I saw season 1 episode 2. I started at the very beginning and watched the episodes in order. This was back in 2011 or 2012, I don't quite remember. I was very skeptical at first, but the tremendous love, light, and joy in the show just penetrated through my negativity with ease and reignited love and joy within my spirit. I have learned many things from the show and unfortunately I am still a very flawed and angry person because of how difficult life can be, but this show has and continues to help me a ton. Maybe some day I can truly live the lessons I learn from the show.

• Brohoof 1