Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your worst nightmare!

Cirrus.

Mine was in the early 90's when I was like 5-6 and was just old enough to be allowed to use the VCR myself. "All Dogs Go to Heaven" (1989) was my favorite movie to watch even though it gave me the same nightmare a few times. It was very similar to Charlie's in the movie (The hell scene.)

Someone FINALLY posted it to YouTube.

The angel talking through the "life watch" at the beginning and the demonic voice saying "YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK" [to heaven] always scared the fuck out of me when I was little. :blink: To make the impact of it even worse there was a nice relaxing song that I really liked just before it.

So what is your worst nightmare you've ever had that you can still remember?

post-24370-0-81287500-1423374515_thumb.png

P.S. What disturbs me nowadays is that the scene is actually a WATERED DOWN version compared to what was originally planned to be put in the movie. :confused:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

All Dogs Go to Heaven is actually one of my favorite movies from my childhood.  :) I definitely don't think it's aged well, but I still like it. 

Anyway, I once had a nightmare where I was on a plane that was crashing. It was pretty damn scary. 

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 1

I don't remember any particular nightmares, but I'd had tons of them where I was either faced with my own death or I was naked in public. 

In most of the naked dreams, nobody ever noticed me. I've heard this has something to do with trying to hide something from someone. 

• Brohoof 1

All Dogs Go to Heaven is actually one of my favorite movies from my childhood.  :) I definitely don't think it's aged well, but I still like it. 

Anyway, I once had a nightmare where I was on a plane that was crashing. It was pretty damn scary. 

It still is one of my favorite animated movies. I really like the artwork. The main thing I don't like is how it kinda has that 80's "too fast pacing" going on. I don't know how to explain it better.

Oh and I still HATE the creepy alligator that came out of nowhere with the stupid song FOR NO REASON. :okiedokielokie:  All in all I don't think its a good "kids movie". Maybe for 10+ it's ok.

The trailer for the movie is HILARIOUSLY deceptive. :lol:

My worst nightmare was a lucid dream I had of some sorts a year ago or so. I was awake in it, and knew it was a dream, but I couldn't control it for some reason...

Most of the details elude me, but, I know it was like a collection of dreams, some of which repeated themselves, and in each one, I was embarrassed or killed... over and over, and I couldn't break out of the cycle :(

And if I remember correctly, I had something similar only a few days after that one... :o

• Brohoof 1

My worst nightmare actually is on the NSFW side, so instead I'll be telling you my second worst. :P

I remember having a dream about an army beginning to attack my hometown. They used nuclear bombs and had flying machines that took up a huge portion of the sky. In a state of panic I ran as fast as I could to take as many of my valuable items as I could before they bombed my house. The only thing I took was a doll that I owned for a long time, but that's it. Once the army has left, all that I was thinking of was where should I go next now that my whole country is in danger. This nightmare was a part of a collection of dreams I had, with this one being the final part of this story.

Oh, and I also had a nightmare about meteors hitting an old school I used to visit. I had to cling onto a pole so I could withstand the impact of said meteors. x_x

My worst nightmare doesn't really make sense in that context.  I was very young, maybe 4 or 5 years old, and I was dreaming that I was in a massive room with walls covered with those little mailboxes you see inside post offices everywhere.  My perspective zoomed in really quickly to one corner of the room, where a sewing needle was laying on the floor, some scary music played, and I woke up immediately.  And then it turned out that my younger sister had had the same dream.

I had some other, understandably scary dreams within the past few years.  In one, I was standing in the middle of a street, and the surrounding neighborhood was completely destroyed.  From down the street I hear a monstrous roar, and look to see a huge gorilla bounding down it towards me.  It was about ten feet tall, with powerful muscles, but what was most conspicuous about it was that it was rotting, like a zombie, with open, festering wounds coursing down its whole body.  I stood rooted to where I was standing, not because I was too afraid to move, but because I knew that running would be useless.  It reached me, and grabbed me in its hand, and I woke up.

My other dream took place in a room with a floor made of sand, as though the building were constructed directly on a desert, and with a stone platform in the middle of the room, from which a stairway descended in a curve to the floor.  I was standing underneath the platform, as there was room underneath to do so.  Then I started to feel stabbing pain on the top of my head, and when I say that, I mean that I could actually feel the pain occurring in my dream.  There were fingernails descending from the ceiling of the platform, brown, dirty, and shriveled, and in groups, as though there were dead hands lurking inside the stone of the platform, and they were digging into my skull.  My perspective shifted, and suddenly I was another person who was in the room, laying flat on their back on the floor.  Then I felt that same stabbing pain, this time all over my back.  I got up to see hundreds of shriveled fingernails ascending from the sandy floor.  I ran up the stairs to the top of the platform, but now the pain was in my feet - they were rising through the stone floor of the platform.  I finally ran downstairs and forced open the door to the room.  I don't think I woke up at this point, and I'm pretty sure there was more to the dream, but this is the only part which I can really remember.

• Brohoof 1

I've had quite a few nightmares in my time during my childhood, though most were related to petty fears. Most which I've overcome since then. Though the last time I had a super nasty nightmare... there are two that come to mind. One involving my half siblings being demons.

Then there was a case with a tails doll like being that would every so often pop up and I would suddenly see a lifeless tree with people hanging off nooses that hang from it's branches. It's only a silhouette of a dead tree and those hung, but there was something very unnerving about it. It didn't help that a dark voice said. "One of your friends will suffer."

The thing is, nightmares are few and far between with me anymore. I don't have them often at all. So when I do have a nightmare or a nightmareish kinda sleep vision, it tends to always be a fresh memory.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

My worst nightmare was a lucid dream I had of some sorts a year ago or so. I was awake in it, and knew it was a dream, but I couldn't control it for some reason...

Most of the details elude me, but, I know it was like a collection of dreams, some of which repeated themselves, and in each one, I was embarrassed or killed... over and over, and I couldn't break out of the cycle :(

And if I remember correctly, I had something similar only a few days after that one... :o

Man I have similar dreams! Often of getting chased or killed, but more recently getting robbed.

However, over the last year or so I have only ever had really disturbing dreams about relationships failing and people close to me dieing! These are worse for me then being chased and killed and often effect me mentally the next morning for a few hours!

• Brohoof 1

It's strange. The dreams in which I'm in danger of dying aren't scary at all. Apocalyptic scenarios spice up my dreams and I actually enjoy having them. The dreams that scare me most are usually about work or college. Like having to hand in papers and the like. I guess they scare me more because these are situations I often end up in due to chronic procrastination.

• Brohoof 1

the dreams I have now are just weird.... too weird for me to explain but I can actually remember some dreams I had as a child that scared the hell out of me

2003- we were on our way to California and I fell a sleep my greatest fear at the time was a large body of water since I nearly drowned... in the dream I was at the playground handing out with my friends all the sudden the playground was flooding my friends were able to swim but and I sunk like a rock.... I woke up gasping scaring everyone in the car with me

2004- I don't remember all the details to this dream but from what I remember it was about going through a haunted house trying to find my friends and not die... then in the end I sacrificed myself to save them... the ending isn't scary its just from what I had seen trying to find them

2005- at the time I thought Buffy The Vampire Slayer Chaos Bleeds was a scary game.....(it has its moments where you jump a little even when playing it today) anyways I had a dream I was the only human in a vampire world it involved a lot of running until when I got home I was being attacked by my own family..... not that scary now that I think of it but it scared me back then

2007- I had a dream where I went into my grandfathers room and normally I close the door behind me so I did I, didn't see my grandfather anywhere so as I was about to leave I heard a voice I panicked and tried to open the door it wouldn't budge.... I was trapped in a room with a ghost... which at the time I was afraid of them thanks to one of my friends 

I have a nightmare that's been with me for decades.

It feels like I'm awake, and they are standing over me. I don't know what they are. Hands just over my body, not touching me by cementers. I just know that I can't open my eyes. I have to make them think I'm asleep or else.

Sometimes It's just one. Other times it's a legion. They never make a sound.

I don't know what they are.

This is a blog post I wrote a while back of a very vivid dream and the dream within it.
http://mlpforums.com/blog/793/entry-11985-weird-dream-last-night/

Alice in Wonderland!

Damn that movie creeped me out and the ending was so scary for me as a kid. I mean, Alice is a little girl, lost and alone in a world that she doesn't understand. As one who was very close to his parents at that age, the idea of that scared the Hell out of me, on top of all the nonsensical danger inherent in Wonderland. 

Ever notice how the Cheshire Cat is always guiding Alice toward danger? Ever notice that when she finally breaks down and cries, the whole world just goes black and the creatures seem to disappear? Or how at the climax, all of Wonderland seemed to fold together, eventually collapsing into complete entropic chaos?

This lead me to the conclusion that Wonderland is actually one, fractured but holistic entity, that feeds on the sanity it slowly drains from it's victims. The White Rabbit is just the lure of the angler fish.

Yes I was just as much a weird kid then as I am now.

So any allusions to the works of Lewis Carroll in a movie or game, I always treat with some trepidation and morbid fascination. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh wait, you meant actual nightmares.

Oh! There was this one nightmare I had when I was little, I was being chased by a giant cat on a similarly colossal chess board.

Wait a minute.  :huh: . . . . .  :blink: Damn, that movie really did do a number on my subconscious!

There was one unique feature in that the cat was made of needles. Not just pointy things, but hospital epidermic needles. It's claws were needles, it's teeth were needles, every line of fur a needle! Not sure if this was before or after my first booster shot, but to this day I cannot stand needles.

I have no particular fear of blades or pointy objects, I just can't stand shots. I go from cool as a cucumber to a tense and jittering wreck and I don't know why.

I have a loose auto-psychoanalysis theory that it's a deep phobia of helplessness. I've studied the martial arts for a good long while of my life, even when I was young. I've always loved superheroes. So I theorize that even in the face of danger, even in the face of fear, I could face it as long as I was able to physically resist it, to fight back. You can't fight the doctor when he or she is giving you a shot, that's how you get better, and I'm more or less willing to submit to this. That has to be it then, it's making myself vulnerable, choosing not to fight back is my fear.

For some credibility, this does handily explain my distaste for the entire horror genre. The protagonists aren't heroes, they're victims.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

I've had plenty of zombie dreams.  Dreams where I'm attacked by a demon or some such thing.  I think I was in a building made of flesh once?  That's never a good sign.

I recall a nightmare where my brother and I were playing some game against the Grim Reaper.  And, because I feared for my brother's life (should we lose the game, I suppose), I tricked the Reaper into transforming into a cockroach.  Then I smooshed the little bugger. x3  This...  Didn't pan out.  The Reaper came after me and utilized a giant pair of shears to expertly cut me into pieces.  The dream ended with my miserable ghost floating up to the Reaper in hopes that he'd permit me to see my brother again.  No dice.

I dreamed that I was in a haunted house.  Some weird stuff went on in there; one of my sort-of friends from high school was being kept on a chain and made to wear a black mask.  Idunno.  Maybe he was into it - I don't judge.  But I desperately wanted out of that damned place.  I made my way through the building; hurriedly working towards the bottom floor and open front door (which was really just a frame with some boards nailed across the top).  I went to slip under the boards and was just about to exit that terrible place...  When I felt something grab me by the shoulder.  I turned to see what it was that had apprehended me and immediately woke before I learned the nature of the being or, presumably, the hand that had halted my escape.

A dream about cannibalism.  And potentially being the next meal.

Recently, a dream where I (or the character in the dream - as portrayed by Jeff Bridges) was dead.  But still aware and possibly able to feel.  I was not looking forward to the autopsy.

Oh I got another one I almost forgot about.

I once watched a show that was supposed to be for girls, and kinda liked it.

post-24370-0-81168800-1423977754.jpg

I still haven't woken up from it yet though... ;)

• Brohoof 1

I had a concentration camp nightmare, it was the most I think I've ever been stressed out in, I actually woke myself up because I was so terrified. I already wrote about it in detail in another thread. But basically I was in a room, in a cell about 1/4th the size of the room with 3 other kids (I was an adult when the dream started, I was commanding soldiers on a final stand, but then we were given the order to retreat and I got tired from running and tried to hide but ended up being caught and when it switched to me in the cell I was a kid).

I tried many ways of getting out, mainly trying to smooth talk my way out of it, and even trying to fire up a computer and load a previous save to before i was captured (but gave up cuz the computer had no monitor). I woke up because they took one of the kids back to get castrated and I heard him screaming and I was terrified.'

And I'm pretty sure the reason I had it because we watched the movie "Escape from Sobibor" in history class earlier that week.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

Good Question.

I remember some dreams I've had. Like, one during the zombie apocalypse and killing zombies from inside a science lab at my school. :) But that was long ago. Probably doesn't count as a nightmare.. But in reality, I would be terrified.

I've had dreams where I've woken up in a cold sweat. Only a few times though.

Can't really remember much. :(

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~

When I was a little kid, I had such bad dreams I taught myself Lucid Dreaming by the time I was in kindergarten.  (Still vaguely remember some of the LDs).  I was 8 or 9 before I realized not everyone does this & other kids think it's weird.  I was 20 & in college before I learned anyone else does this (fellow Trekkie) & in my 40s before I learned what it was called (someone at a scifi con told me)

All of my dreams are nightmare, I can't even to dream MLP! :C

Haha, jk jk

One of my worst nightmare ever is... someone throws knife directly to my heart, yeah it hurts and then I immediately wake up from that moment XD

I have ALOT of nightmare but what I can remember for now is only that one...