Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been in a Fight?

dedacct6

Just a random question out of curiosity.  Have you ever been in a real fist fight with someone?  And how did it all happen and such?

I've been in one, but it was before I knew kickboxing so it was just a stupid looking haymaker war... I was in 8th grade so I was an idiot  :maud:

I'd also like to know your thoughts on people fighting.  Is it necessary or not?

(btw please don't say names)

• Brohoof 2

No I haven't...yet I am assuming no one really hates me, and I don't go looking for enemies I make friends. I am a pacifist not wishing to fight, but ofcourse I will try my best to protect myself if my face is getting bashed in. But probably wouldnt do much XD

• Brohoof 3

I just go by thinking, "They lay their shabby Damn hands on me, I am gonna send them to the oblivion of Hell." Never even got harmed, though. Or touched. But I think fighting is stupid, of course, but only if it is literally organized and whatever. If you fight at that moment for self defense, and only need to do it with that person once, then it is just sort of "survival."

I've never been in a serious fight before, my friends and I would fight using moves we learned from various Judo books.  Is fighting necessary?  It is, it teaches you that you don't have to take bullshit from anyone.

• Brohoof 5

Once...and I wouldn't call it a "fight" per say. One-sided beatdown maybe that lasted all of ten seconds.

Looking back on it, I completely deserved it. That'll teach me to not be an idiot. 

• Brohoof 1

Ive been in a few fights, i was bullied often in school, and usually it would boil into a fight they started. Usually, I would end up in trouble even though the other kid started Sometimes, both of us were suspended, but i ended up suspended on several occasions.

I couldn't turn to the teachers or principals for help cause they either didn't listen or coud'nt do anything to help. I was even put on a watch list for a couple days due to a misunderstanding. I told my story to the councillor and a comment I said ended scaring the shit out of him. He was afraid i was gonna go on a rampage, but luckily, the teachers (and principal) that knew me knew that i wasn't like that.

I don't like fighting and usually try my best to avoid it. It also usually takes a lot to piss me off.

• Brohoof 2

I got into a fight in about grade 9-ish. It was in the change room just after Phys. Ed. ended. He was an aggressive guy who got into a lot of fights with anyone who looked at him wrong really. Not joking, he even punched the principal xD.

He hit me in the face while I wasn't looking, so I put him in a headlock and fed him a couple, then dropped him to the ground and went to the next class.

• Brohoof 5

I got into a fight in about grade 9-ish. It was in the change room just after Phys. Ed. ended. He was an aggressive guy who got into a lot of fights with anyone who looked at him wrong really. Not joking, he even punched the principal xD.

He hit me in the face while I wasn't looking, so I put him in a headlock and fed him a couple, then dropped him to the ground and went to the next class.

Haha putting him into his place :P
  • Brohoof 2

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

-Sun Tzu

A few, yes, but nothing worthy of mention since high school (I like to think I've matured somewhat since then :P). Usually it was the result of bullying or stupid disputes between me and my friends and someone else.

I do think fighting is sometimes necessary but I don't think that it should ever be considered preferable.

• Brohoof 2

Back in the terrible place I was born in? Yes. Many. I would always win, though Id get in trouble for it. Endomorphic body types lend themselves well to fights, not that it would really take much to take out the idiots there. Since leaving, I haven't been in that many fights, not that I want them. I don't like fighting physically.

I did fight before and the first time I remember that I fight was back in Elementary school, I fought in the bathroom against someone who was bullying me at the time because he triggered me with nasty words and I just say screw it and fought him with everyone watching, but today that guy is not like that anymore and he's more of mature guy as far as I know.

This might surprise some or none, but my 5th grade year of school, I was actually 'kinda' expelled in the last month due to the amount of fights I was in. Let's just say that I was an outcast and that year I had enough of the people there. So I was a lot more...physical in that approach. Not the smartest thing for sure but it made the school corporation realize that I needed a good amount of assistance to get through that stuff and luckily they gave me that, sure made the years following that smoother. After that year I never got into any foughts, and before that year I didn't either.

So I have been in fights before, but I try to avoid all conflict now if possible and I have not gotten into fights since. I try to stay out of everyone's way and I keep to myself, plus I am a complete introvert who stays home the fast majority of time. :P That helps in that regard.

• Brohoof 1

Well, ignoring getting pounded on in school, only 1 real fight.

I was a convenience store clerk in Texas.  Some drunk moron didn't like being told he couldn't buy after hours.  The district manager took me to hospital while manager ran the store.  I'm coming in the door to the emergency room & they're taking someone out with the sheets over their face.  I start laughing & say "Oh, now THAT'S encouraging!"  Everyone gives me the evil eye & I say "Hey, I'm the one dripping blood.  If I can laugh, you guys need to lighten up."

I've been told I have a weird sense of humor (IDK why) :o

Ya a couple.. Once a group of kids used to call me a Nazi because I'm German so I bead the shit out of the guy who started it. I almost got in a fight with a guy recently that put his dirty plates and such on my lunch table and walked away. THERE WAS A TRASH CAN RIGHT NEXT TO MY TABLE!! Don't freaking walk all they way across the lunch room just to piss me off.

no one dares challenge me to a fight because very few people know anything about me... I occasionally throw a few insults at people who deserve it... but no one has ever challenged me to such a thing

plus even if someone did they would lose badly, I'm very light on my feet and I can just keep dodging until they're tired out then restrain them.... simple.... or better yet just wait until someone ends the fight.... violence is something I try to avoid and have been pretty successful at it

I've been in too many verbal fights to count, but I've been in an actual fistfight about... Three times?

One was with some asshole who was in my class who pushed me around and threw basketballs at my head every chance he got. He tried to force me out of doing something that I volunteered for, and I refused. Long story short, by the end of it, my arm was bleeding and was bruised as well. Another thing of note: at that school, you could seriously get away with assault by saying "sorry" the the other person in front of the school disciplinarian.

Another was with some guy who was several years older than me when I was in the third grade. Also an asshole. Clearly, he won that one.

And finally one was with my older brother. I can't remember the exact reason why it started.

• Brohoof 3