Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been in a Fight?

dedacct6

*looks at self*

Yeah, I don't think anyone would want to get in a fight with me. :P

I can only think of one time, though. It was at camp in 5th grade after some guy locked me in the bathroom for an hour. And the only reason I lost the fight that followed was that the guy ran away and then came back after I'd lost my energy trying to catch him. Not the most honorable of strategies.  >_>

I did spar with a few people during my short-lived Tae-Kwon-Do kick, but that's not really fighting them. No intent to cause serious harm there.  ;)

I have been considering learning Judo or Aikido in case I need it, though. I may end up doing that sometime later this year.

Edited by Golurk

I've been in alot and I mean alot of fights. I'm in no way proud of myself though and am completely against violence.

I spent a good deal of my childhood dealing with anger issues so yeaaaa.

Edited by ActualMelon

I had a fight a few months ago, when my steph father assaulted my mom, i became angry and knocked him from my mom, then my sister quickly called the police and a few min later the police officers came, and well. since then i still cant forget it.

Ever, yes.

More than once - definitely. 

Back in my school days, up until the end of my high school, i was very angry. I had to take medicine that manages my anger outbursts, as well as i learned to channel my anger through various arts and physical activities. When things went out of hand, and i was overcome with anger, i would fight. I wouldn't just stop at beating down the other guy(s), as to reach the point where i'm so angry would mean i would want to tear them apart.

Since i practiced Ju-Jitsu, Wrestling and other forms of self defense (though i wasn't too much adept in those), it usually involved me gripping and pinning down another person, throwing them on a flat surface, or incapacitating them with a vicious swing from a chair or something similar. People used to pick fights with me all the time, but in some twisted pleasure i wanted it to happen, so i could have an excuse to fight back.

This one time i gripped another kid and dragged him along a rugged wall. It left scratches on his body and he bled all over. Though it was a flesh wound and nothing serious, i received some scolding because everybody thought i bit him down and scratched at him like some animal. I got off the hook when they found out he started the fight and that i didn't actually fight him like some diseased ape.

• Brohoof 1

Ever, yes.

More than once - definitely. 

Back in my school days, up until the end of my high school, i was very angry. I had to take medicine that manages my anger outbursts, as well as i learned to channel my anger through various arts and physical activities. When things went out of hand, and i was overcome with anger, i would fight. I wouldn't just stop at beating down the other guy(s), as to reach the point where i'm so angry would mean i would want to tear them apart.

Since i practiced Ju-Jitsu, Wrestling and other forms of self defense (though i wasn't too much adept in those), it usually involved me gripping and pinning down another person, throwing them on a flat surface, or incapacitating them with a vicious swing from a chair or something similar. People used to pick fights with me all the time, but in some twisted pleasure i wanted it to happen, so i could have an excuse to fight back.

This one time i gripped another kid and dragged him along a rugged wall. It left scratches on his body and he bled all over. Though it was a flesh wound and nothing serious, i received some scolding because everybody thought i bit him down and scratched at him like some animal. I got off the hook when they found out he started the fight and that i didn't actually fight him like some diseased ape.

now they would take both people to jail. Here in FL in school both people get 5 days kicked out of school, you fail all your classes and you got to jail. :wacko:  that why i stop fighting when in school. I would tell people that try to fight me " you better pray i don't kill you cuase if i am going to jail anyways, i going for something reallly bad.

• Brohoof 1

I've never had a real.. fist fight. There's no real reason to do so, unless it is done to protect yourself or another.

I fight, sport wise. Since I instruct, and train in Taekwondo WTF. Although that's a different type of fighting.. it still is in the end.

On 2/13/2015 at 4:49 PM, swordsman said:
now they would take both people to jail. Here in FL in school both people get 5 days kicked out of school, you fail all your classes and you got to jail.   that why i stop fighting when in school. I would tell people that try to fight me " you better pray i don't kill you cuase if i am going to jail anyways, i going for something reallly bad.

It's up to 5 days plus jail time now?  Back when I was in the Florida public education system I had to deal with the zero tolerance fighting policy.  Do so much as swing a single punch, automatic 3-day suspension, no exceptions.  Self-defense wasn't even recognized as a thing.  I rejoice every day that I am no longer part of the public school system. 

Edited by Twilight Dirac

Its up to 5 days plus jail time now.  Back when I was in the Florida public education system I had to deal with the zero tolerance fighting police.  Do so much as swing a single punch, automatic 3-day suspension, no exceptions.  Self-defense wasn't even recognized as a thing.  I rejoice every day that I am no longer part of the public school system. 

Wait what?! You weren't even allowed to defend yourself?! That is bullshit! (Pardon my language.)

now they would take both people to jail. Here in FL in school both people get 5 days kicked out of school, you fail all your classes and you got to jail. :wacko:  that why i stop fighting when in school. I would tell people that try to fight me " you better pray i don't kill you cuase if i am going to jail anyways, i going for something reallly bad.

I didn't know FL had such strict laws on fighting. I'm new to the state see.

If you know, would I be arrested if I fought back against a mugger?

I didn't know FL had such strict laws on fighting. I'm new to the state see.   If you know, would I be arrested if I fought back against a mugger?

This problem is only limited to the Florida public education system.  Once your free of its clutches, the state is actually very good at recognizing your right to self-defense. 

• Brohoof 1

I've been in many fights. Most of them when I was a lot younger. The most recent one was in 7th grade. A kid was bullying another kid who got bullied everyday. I stood up for him. He attacked me, but I punched him in the nose so it bled. He ran away. Did not feel great about it though. The guy knew Karate, but that didn't do him much good. 

Edited by JonasDarkmane

No, I've never been in a "real" fight, meaning blood and gangs and stuff. 

Define "fight" though, because fight is a big term. I believe everyone have been in a verbal fight sometime.

Anyway, my opinion about violent fights... I don't like them. I don't think anyone needs them. Violence is dumb and shouldn't be a thing. Not anywhere.

Edited by rosenflickan
  • Brohoof 2

Plenty, I went to some terrible schools in my younger years and don't worry, i've heard it all before "You should of just walked away." and "Ignore it and be the bigger man." and the people who say those things were never in these situations. You walk away from these people and you are instantly labelled a coward and are bullied the rest of the way through school, believe me when I say i've tried and i've been there, call fighting stupid all you want but when it's to secure your future in a place you're trapped for 5-6 years of your teenage life, it's necessary.

I ignored bullies at first but like I said, I was labelled a coward and a pushover that could be easily picked on and to be honest I was at that point, I didn't want to fight these people because honestly I didn't see the point until it clicked. About half way through my first year in high school I started to retaliate, obviously I'd never fought in my life so I wasn't very good at it and it took me about 2 years to get them to see I wasn't worth the trouble anymore. I could of avoided all the bullying if I would of stuck up for myself in the first place.

Just because something seems stupid or wrong, doesn't mean it's not necessary.

Also, sorry for the life story.  :P

Edited by Sugar & Sins
  • Brohoof 1

No never, I think it's stupid and unnecessary.

Stupid? Perhaps, especially on the half of the initiator. Unnecessary? Absolutely not.

If a man launches a haymaker at my face, am I not in the right to block the blow and return with a strike of my own?

If I see someone getting mugged, am I not justified in rushing to protect them with a kick to the back of the attacker's knee and a hammer fist to their face?

Sweet Celestia, no! Never have, never will. 

Pray that you won't have to.

No, I've never been in a "real" fight, meaning blood and gangs and stuff. 

Define "fight" though, because fight is a big term. I believe everyone have been in a verbal fight sometime.

Anyway, my opinion about violent fights... I don't like them. I don't think anyone needs them. Violence is dumb and shouldn't be a thing. Not anywhere.

Violence is a reality. Shouldn't? Yes. Should we try to minimize it? Yes.

One can't though, participate in life itself without accepting it's dangers. 

(You're also right in that "fight" is vague at best. "Physical conflict with the intent to harm on the part of at least one combatant" is how I've been viewing it.)

This problem is only limited to the Florida public education system.  Once your free of its clutches, the state is actually very good at recognizing your right to self-defense. 

Amen for the castle doctrine. I heard in some states that if you're assaulted and fight back, you can be charged along with the guy who attacked you!

• Brohoof 3

Just a small scuffle. 

I remember that they just kept pushing me and pushing me. It was pissing me off, so I gave the ultimatum and after they pushed me one more time, I snapped. Now, I wasn't a particularly amazing fighter, but I had absolutely no sense of honor either. We tussled on the ground for a bit until I bit him so he'd let go. I got up and walked over to my house, which was right next door. I wasn't running away, oh no, I went to pick up the rusty nail that was sitting outside. I gave out one last warning "you come over here, and I'm gonna hurt you" or something to that effect, and that was the end of it; they walked away (and blabbed about it to other people). 

That was definitely the one of the angriest moments of my life. 

Just a random question out of curiosity.  Have you ever been in a real fist fight with someone?  And how did it all happen and such?

I've been in one, but it was before I knew kickboxing so it was just a stupid looking haymaker war... I was in 8th grade so I was an idiot  :maud:

I'd also like to know your thoughts on people fighting.  Is it necessary or not?

(btw please don't say names)

Beyond fights with one of my siblings, not much. There was this one time where, during 6th grade, some 4 or 5th grader (kids from those grade were strangely short, I recall) took my backpack and threw it in a puddle. Naturally, I took his backpack and threw it in a puddle.

This led to a fight between me and a bunch of his friends. I managed to hold to short little fucktards off for a while, even managed to grab one by the shirt and slammed him against a metal door. I remember him having a big bruise on his back after that. It ended with one girl I know, for reasons I still have not figured out, poking me in the eyes, than all the kids jumped me simultaneously while I was stunned, but then the bell rang so I was sparred a heavy beating.

None of us were suspended tho. There was also some kid, tho I don't remember why, but I'm pretty damn sure he started it, I threw his bag on the ground hard, then he went berserk, chewing on my arm, and I had to seriously beat him off. I later learned that he went into shock after he was subdued I guess. Apparently, his laptop was in there, so that was why. Understandable that he'd be so upset. I got in trouble for fighting back, I asked the principle "what was I supposed to do, let him chew my arm while I drag him to your office?" and she basically said yes.

Another kid at that same school, whom showed up partway through the year from some other school, quickly got into a beef with me and we had some sort of fight, verbal or physical, but we quickly got along......somehow. Never really friends, tho.

There was this one racist asswipe he, through high school, consistently pissed me off, until one day, after he mocked me, I threw a chair at him. Naturally I was kicked out of class, for the day I think. No regrets.

I'm sure I have more fight stories but that's all I feel like typing about right now.

I do wish I was still in school tho, if only so that I could smash some more pricks. I really do itch for an excuse to beat up some bullies up again. But my vidya gives me an outlet for my violent urges, fortunately.

Edited by Wulfgar Von Heltzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_obQdGYV-Y

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I did punch a kid in the face in 2nd grade.  He really deserved it, though.  And one of my best friends and I had a rather rough sparring match one time.  But that was all in good fun.  Looking back, I really can't believe I did that, though.  It was 7th grade.  But I've certainly never been in a "This only ends one way--either you die, or I do!" kind of fight.  I'm not a violent person at all.  I'd be terrified to be in a real fight.

Also, what's with the subliminal Wyatt Earp at the end of that video?

No, I have taken a beating before, and this was in middle school during the time I was just starting to be bullied for most of my school career, so there's that.

I actually do have a legitimate longing to get in to a real fight with someone though. I don't know what causes it, but there are times where I just want to beat the snot out of someone or at least have a challenge doing so. And trying to punch a pillow or punching bag don't work for me because they either have too little or too much give, respectively. Pillows have little to no structure, and punching bags are nigh-solid so it's almost like punching a brick wall that's hanging on a chain. I want to punch something fleshy and with enough structure that it is a feasible human substitute, or even better, someone who's willing to fight me. Maybe it's a little bit of napoleon complex because I'm short, very skinny and not very intimidating at all, but I want to unleash a lot of rage that's been building up over the years on a willing victim. I don't want to go around just trying to start fights, because then I'll just be an ass and likely get thrown in jail. Maybe I'll get more chances in a year when I can legally go in to a bar and get hammered and something will happen, I don't know.

As for the necessity of fighting, yeah of course it's necessary to fight back some times. It should be avoided, and I know it sounds strange coming from me, considering the whole paragraph I just wrote about how I want to beat somebody up, but I know it's not going to work out in the end, but if you need to defend yourself or someone else, that's generally when you should be fighting. Or if you're sparring to practice with a willing partner to prepare in case you need to defend yourself or someone else.

I actually do have a legitimate longing to get in to a real fight with someone though. I don't know what causes it, but there are times where I just want to beat the snot out of someone or at least have a challenge doing so. And trying to punch a pillow or punching bag don't work for me because they either have too little or too much give, respectively. Pillows have little to no structure, and punching bags are nigh-solid so it's almost like punching a brick wall that's hanging on a chain. I want to punch something fleshy and with enough structure that it is a feasible human substitute, or even better, someone who's willing to fight me. Maybe it's a little bit of napoleon complex because I'm short, very skinny and not very intimidating at all, but I want to unleash a lot of rage that's been building up over the years on a willing victim. I don't want to go around just trying to start fights, because then I'll just be an ass and likely get thrown in jail. Maybe I'll get more chances in a year when I can legally go in to a bar and get hammered and something will happen, I don't know.

Does the name, "Tyler Durden" mean anything to you? I think you're exactly the kind of guy he's looking for.

I'm not sure whether I would or would not recommend you taking some martial arts lessons. Maybe if it were a style like Tai Chi or Judo and not something like Silat or Escrima.

As for the necessity of fighting, yeah of course it's necessary to fight back some times. It should be avoided, and I know it sounds strange coming from me, considering the whole paragraph I just wrote about how I want to beat somebody up, but I know it's not going to work out in the end, but if you need to defend yourself or someone else, that's generally when you should be fighting. Or if you're sparring to practice with a willing partner to prepare in case you need to defend yourself or someone else.

Well that's interesting coming from someone who claimed every human being would only act in defense of another if that person got something out of it. Or the only thing keeping people from doing wrong is fear of punishment.

Change of heart? (Sincerity. :) )