Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Hearts and Hooves Day Contest

Batbrony

I'm pleased this gives us like a month, unlike the Equestria Daily contest which only gives us a week, because I do have an idea for a story but it's definitely going to take longer than a week to write if I actually want to do it justice.

Wow, EQD only gives a week?  That's kinda lame.  I never like any fanfic contest that gives merely a week, writing can take so long compared to most other fan art (not that drawing, music, or videos can't take just as long or even longer, but you know what I mean).  Glad this works out for you.  :muffins:

Ahhh ponyfeathers I just came up with an idea. Now I might have to enter after all. Whelp, there goes all my free time  :okiedokielokie:

tumblr_m00r76dT5X1qk22coo1_500.jpg

Don't fight your inner muse, Eloquence, embrace it!  :D  Besides, you know you love it.  :toldya:

....That art though...  :pinkie: 

YO @Batbrony, your boss can enter too right?  :kindness: 

Of course boss, I bet your inner-muse would be smashing to see unfold!  :wub:   And glad you like the art.  ;)

• Brohoof 3

Wow, EQD only gives a week?  That's kinda lame.  I never like any fanfic contest that gives merely a week, writing can take so long compared to most other fan art (not that drawing, music, or videos can't take just as long or even longer, but you know what I mean).

Yeah...that is lame. That might be enough time for a draft, lol. And let's not forget, there's writer's blocks one might have to mull over.  :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Guh... 
Every time I try to enter a contest, I totally forget about it.
I really shouldn't be entering this, because I have work and like ten commissions to go through, but I will anyway xD
That is, if I don't forget about it. Again...

Edited by Mint Drop
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah...that is lame. That might be enough time for a draft, lol. And let's not forget, there's writer's blocks one might have to mull over.  :maud:

The more I think about it, the more that policy really ticks me off.  It's completely biased for anyone who actually has the time in the middle of February to, in only a week, produce a full-length fanfic.  Yeah, cause it's not like most bronies, the majority of whom are going to be 16-25 or so, will be busy with work or school or anything, oh wait!

Also, I just noticed you have my quote from yesterday as your signature!  ^_^   I LOVE IT!!!  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

Me too but still I don't think they'd choose or even dare to read it. Like I said not everyone knows about these OC's it would just be strange & confusing for them. I just might do one on Derpy & Doctor :/

If you give us a complete picture of the characters you wish to use, then I see no reason why you wouldn't be considered based on your use of them. In fact, the winner of the last Poniverse fanfiction contest was a story about an OC. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I have tons of reference pictures, so I guess the first idea is this on. 

It probably doesn't matter if the characters are original or not. You don't even need to present any information about them but it would probably help to do so in the story itself. The winner of the last contest didn't do that which undermined the main character in my point of view.

It probably doesn't matter if the characters are original or not. You don't even need to present any information about them but it would probably help to do so in the story itself. The winner of the last contest didn't do that which undermined the main character in my point of view.

If you give us a complete picture of the characters you wish to use, then I see no reason why you wouldn't be considered based on your use of them. In fact, the winner of the last Poniverse fanfiction contest was a story about an OC. 

This one said this, now another says that. Jesus Christ, I don't know what to believe anymore... >_>

I'll just write both and pick one for entry, sheesh  :blink:

I suddenly have the urge to write, so I might try to enter this, it'd be fun :D

Awesome, would certainly love to see some staff entering!  Always fun to see forum staff getting involved in each other's projects!  :lol:

It's too bad one of my ideas was between two OC's even though not everyone knows about them, the love between them would be perfect for a fanfic. It sucks that I probably can't use OC's.

:pout:

What???  :confused:   Oh no, no, no, no, no, you are completely free to enter a fic that's all OCs, my friend!  :D  We don't judge based off of who's utilized, we judge based off of how character's are utilized.  If that's your first choice, then by all means, stick with that; I certainly wouldn't want you to write two fics because you felt obligated to write an alternate with canon characters.  And trust me, we read all of the entries no matter what the premise is; none are avoided during the judging process, that's for sure.  That's why the last contest took me so long to get through during the judging!  ^_^   So by all means, use whatever OCs you want, believe me, just using OCs will not detract from how your fic is judged.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Awesome, would certainly love to see some staff entering!  Always fun to see forum staff getting involved in each other's projects!  :lol:

What???  :confused:   Oh no, no, no, no, no, you are completely free to enter a fic that's all OCs, my friend!  :D  We don't judge based off of who's utilized, we judge based off of how character's are utilized.  If that's your first choice, then by all means, stick with that; I certainly wouldn't want you to write two fics because you felt obligated to write an alternate with canon characters.  And trust me, we read all of the entries no matter what the premise is; none are avoided during the judging process, that's for sure.  That's why the last contest took me so long to get through during the judging!  ^_^   So by all means, use whatever OCs you want, believe me, just using OCs will not detract from how your fic is judged.  :muffins:

Thank you! There is a god..got a straight answer! Praise Sun Butt!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

Thank you! There is a god..got a straight answer! Praise Sun Butt!  :pinkie:

You're very welcome, though I prefer praising glorious zebra butt myself.  :comeatus:

oh-glorious-zebra-butt-tell-me-your-secr

• Brohoof 2

Well everypony I did it. It is finished... I was working on something I had an idea the idea turned into thought and then I thought to create it and try submitting it for the viewing public to enjoy even be a possible entry in this here contest. It's kinda Hearts and Hooves Day related but I believe the fans of Spike X Rarity will especially love it. I'm posting it now...

This Has Been SuperBrony87 and I give you Spike X Rarity For Hearts and Hooves Day.

ENJOY! <3

post-31899-0-95362700-1423689016_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Who is in charge of judging for this contest?

Ummmm... that would be me.  :please:

giphy.gif

And I just realized I was referring to myself in the 1st person plural in an earlier post when I was talking about the judging.  :confused:  I blame my irrational love for Best Pretty Pony Princess Luna.  :comeatus:   CURSE YOU IRRATIONAL LOVE FOR BEST PRETTY PONY PRINCESS LUNA, YOU'RE MAKING US REFER TO OURSELVES IN THE FIRST PERSON PLURAL!!!  :angry:    :wat: Wait... D'OH!!!!!!!!!  :ooh:   Apologies for any confusion.  ;)

Well everypony I did it. It is finished... I was working on something I had an idea the idea turned into thought and then I thought to create it and try submitting it for the viewing public to enjoy even be a possible entry in this here contest. It's kinda Hearts and Hooves Day related but I believe the fans of Spike X Rarity will especially love it. I'm posting it now...

This Has Been SuperBrony87 and I give you Spike X Rarity For Hearts and Hooves Day.

ENJOY! <3

Woah, hawt!!!  :bedeyes:   Thanks for sharing!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

Ummmm... that would be me.  :please:

giphy.gif

And I just realized I was referring to myself in the 1st person plural in an earlier post when I was talking about the judging.  :confused:  I blame my irrational love for Best Pretty Pony Princess Luna.  :comeatus:   CURSE YOU IRRATIONAL LOVE FOR BEST PRETTY PONY PRINCESS LUNA, YOU'RE MAKING US REFER TO OURSELVES IN THE FIRST PERSON PLURAL!!!  :angry:    :wat: Wait... D'OH!!!!!!!!!  :ooh:   Apologies for any confusion.  ;)

Woah, hawt!!!  :bedeyes:   Thanks for sharing!  :pinkie:

I've had more experience with male characters and also I thought "Spike is a Dragon" it's a possibility if he grows up well unlike that episode "Secret of my Excess" He grew from collecting the buff muscular Spike you see is a product of my imagination... This is Grown up Spike I mean it was cute when Spike "has a crush" on Rarity. I think Rarity would be more open to a grown matured Spike and she throws herself at Spike and pecks him on the nose. All Spike needed was to grow up I mean hello there's a time to act childish around women and there's a time where you probably shouldn't. Spike acts like a jerk in front of the girl he has a crush on... Yeah he may like Rarity but he's still an immature little dragon. What boy has never said anything stupid. Especially around girls the boys like. I think with that knowledge and the how Twilight takes to smack Spike once in a while for saying something stupid is correct on her part. Boys who have crushes are so clueless they'll forget themselves. I feel I had to stick a MLP reference in here somewhere? Lemme know id you agree. Grown up mature Spike makes Rarity and Spike serious instead of grade school "puppy love" ya know? If Spike were mature I'd wager anything she'd look at "Spikey wikey" the same way she's looked at Prince Blue Blood ACK! I HATE THAT GUY... He's SO not related to Princess Celestia he's a total pompous jerk who only thinks of himself. Rarity's interests deserve better than Blue Blood and uh Trenderhoof ugh double ACK! She makes herself a country farm girl with an obvious mock southern accent to try and get some pony's attention.... Not one of her better moments. So no ponies perfect okay. Anywho I'm done with this post... Thanks for reading and uh liking that picture I drew.

@strideralchemy and I will be doing a collaborative romance story involving our characters Mythos Gray and Lunar Novel for Hearts and Hooves Day. Hopefully it should work out well, and we are allowed to share when it comes to posting a story... and if we win, share in the prize. A picture with Mythos Gray and Lunar Novel perhaps would be nice.
  • Brohoof 2

@strideralchemy and I will be doing a collaborative romance story involving our characters Mythos Gray and Lunar Novel for Hearts and Hooves Day. Hopefully it should work out well, and we are allowed to share when it comes to posting a story... and if we win, share in the prize. A picture with Mythos Gray and Lunar Novel perhaps would be nice.

Sounds great, Equestrian Scholar, and yes, that would totally be fine if you shared in the prize if you win it.  I'm excited, seeing as I think you two are the first authors to ever enter a collaboration into one of our contests!  Good luck to both of you!!!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

It sounds a bit unfair to everyone else because two minds are usually better than one. I guess the rules doesn't specifically go against it though. On another note, I would like to know how one can "share" art.

Well, collaborative writing is very difficult to get right. There's a good reason why novels are rarely written by more than one person ;) 

I think the pros and cons even themselves out. As for the art, I guess they'll just ask for something that they would both enjoy?

Oh, also, question for you Batbrony!

I plan on including a number of other peoples' OCs in my story, in very limited roles, and with permission of course. That's cool, right?

• Brohoof 1