Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Hearts and Hooves Day Contest

Batbrony

@@Silver Letter,
Given the fact we are going the route of treating it as a roleplay of sorts at first and, when finished, going back to fix it up as a fanfiction and the fact this will be the first time I have ever written a fanfiction... there is a fair chance my lack of experience in writing may show through. Strideralchemy may well be the better writer and help strengthen the story overall, though I don't know exactly what her skill level is. I will be doing this mostly for fun, also because our character Mythos and Novel have been getting along quite well, with strong bonding between the two.

I don't consider myself a great writer, and while I believe Strideralchemy can help with this my lack of experience actually writing a fanfiction will show itself. I don't believe you have much, if anything, to worry about. I am certain there are those here that are a better writer then me.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

It sounds a bit unfair to everyone else because two minds are usually better than one. I guess the rules doesn't specifically go against it though. On another note, I would like to know how one can "share" art.

I've never written a collaboration myself, but it sounds like it's actually quite difficult.  In 99.9% of instances, it's not as though both authors are sitting down right next to each other and writing on the same computer; they have the added difficulty of having to exchange ideas back-and-forth on the Internet, which could actually slow production.  So yes, while there's more than one mind offering creative input in this instance, there's also plenty more obstacles that both collaborators face which authors producing fics on their own never have to worry about, so as Eloquence pointed out, the pros and cons even each other out.

As for sharing art, it sounded like Equestrian Scholar suggested that, if they won, they'd ask for one single piece that featured both of their OCs.  That way, both authors could utilize and appreciate the art.

Oh, also, question for you Batbrony!

I plan on including a number of other peoples' OCs in my story, in very limited roles, and with permission of course. That's cool, right?

Yup, that's totally cool.  If the owners of the OCs want credit for them, just include their online usernames in the fic description or something.  Thanks for running that by me!  :kindness:

• Brohoof 2

I'm thinking that Hearts and Hooves Day looks like Valentine's Day on the 14th of February occurs every year.  Love each other with Big MacIntosh and Cheerilee is totally awesome! :D

I'm gonna try to enter, can't promise anything because omg school, but Monday's a holiday yay! so it's pretty likely I will. My fic will be flutterdash and very cliché. I was wondering something though...my username on fimfiction is different from my one on this site- my fimficiton username is derpicornsunite, my old username on here. Do I need to include in the story or description or something that my site name is ~Sylveon~? sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I'd like to know.

also all aboard the ship whee ;) ;) ;) ;) :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna try to enter, can't promise anything because omg school, but Monday's a holiday yay! so it's pretty likely I will. My fic will be flutterdash and very cliché. I was wondering something though...my username on fimfiction is different from my one on this site- my fimficiton username is derpicornsunite, my old username on here. Do I need to include in the story or description or something that my site name is ~Sylveon~? sorry if I'm asking a dumb question but I'd like to know.

also all aboard the ship whee

Nah, you don't have to.  If you come in one of the top 3 spots, I'll just PM you if I don't remember who you are on the forums to confirm your forum username.  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Fan-fic submitted to FimFiction. And now to play the waiting game.

The anticipation is killing me!!!  :pinkie:

35383__safe_pinkie-pie_animated.gif

I want in on this. I feel bad about missing the Hearth's Warming contest since my schedule got in the way.

DO IT, FEED YOUR INNER FABULOSITY!!!  :D

img-2441721-2-275417_170x100.png

• Brohoof 2

The anticipation is killing me!!! :pinkie:

img-3499149-1-35383__safe_pinkie-pie_ani

And it is up: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/245562/with-a-little-help-from-my-friends

And sorry about me messing up when submitting it to the group on FimFiction, my phone kinda freaked and put it into a few different groups that it didn't belong it. Fixed it.

• Brohoof 2

Man, I've been hoping there was a contest for this holiday. I'm looking for a little redemption since my blunder of a Hearth's Warming Eve entry, and since this holiday is all about two ponies finding love and special someponies, This falls right into my category, romance is my specialty.

(A plus to all this is that I've found my special somepony recently, so she can help me out with this. Good luck to everypony entering!)

• Brohoof 3

After seriously contemplating whether or not I should write a Flash Sentry x Twilight fanfic, I decided it might not be a good idea...

So, I'm in the process of writing a CheesePie fanfic. I have a lot of experience in creative writing so fear my skills. :sneer: 

JK, I'm sure everyone will do great :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

So, I'm in the process of writing a CheesePie fanfic. I have a lot of experience in creative writing so fear my skills. :sneer: 

JK, I'm sure everyone will do great :fluttershy:

You know, I was seriously considering writing a CheesePie fic, but I don't think I can do it justice with all the silliness. Best of luck!

• Brohoof 1

It's half term, I'm supposed to be revising all week...

Naaaaah, fics. I was already writing a biggy, and this'll do nicely as some time-eating.

But who to ship? And how? And where? And- somanychoicessolittletime...

Kinda sucks that both me and mine were working on Hearts and Hooves, so time to make up for that sappy romance missed-out on with some involving small, brightly-coloured horses. Yes, one day I shall teach you all to be cool too.

So, Princesses...Hmm...

• Brohoof 1

After seriously contemplating whether or not I should write a Flash Sentry x Twilight fanfic, I decided it might not be a good idea...

b49eeba0b7ea5a0f63eb4f9cfaf43439877766ab

Yes, you chose wisely indeed... for I bucking hate FlashLight.  :okiedokielokie:   Seriously, I know plenty of bronies hate FlashLight, but you will find few who hate FlashLight more than I do.  I LOATHE THAT SHIP WITH THE BURNING HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!!!!!!!  :angry:   Best of luck with your CheesePie fic!  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

@@Batbrony,

Smiles... not everyone.

I myself, am a supporter of the shipping of Twilight Sparkle and pony Flash Sentry. :sneer:

img-3504300-1-tumblr_ls9ltjrxtR1qi6ocw.j

From this day forth, our houses shall be mortal enemies!!!  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2