Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped school(or tried to)

Metallic Strings

I've faked being sick quite often, really. Especially my first year of high school. I was supposed to turn in a report, but I hadn't written it. So I simply didn't go to school. Of course I got caught, but I simply told my parents I was at school while at school I forged notes to keep them from calling my parents. Then I went into town or something.

• Brohoof 1

Yes lol. I mean kind of.

In elementary I would talk my mom into letting me stay home a couple days in the year. But that stopped when I got into jr high. I'm in high school now so its been awhile lol. If I don't go to school it's because I'm sick or have an appointment of some kind.

Edited by Cupcakes14
  • Brohoof 1

I was REALLY sick once, and I tried to skip school. But my dad forced me to go to school saying if you're going to die, then die at school. Every time I get sick, he always tells me to go to school, no matter what. Failed multiple times. 

Edited by Simon (Salem/Wilfre)
  • Brohoof 1

Funny this comes up... I just missed the bus. I have skipped a lot, in fact half of my 8th grade year!

I really hated the school there, and after a while I was walking down the street feeling all mopey, and decided I could turn back since my mom had left for work. After this, I realized I could do this a lot more, and I did, then it became a habit. It was a long walk to my bus stop, and sometimes I'd take long detours and look around before heading back home. I'd usually go to school two or three times a week. Sometimes only once. Truancy never came... they called my mom, but the odd thing was a few of my classes would mark me present so I got off on the excuse "the classes are really noisy and crowded (they were), maybe they just didnt see me".

After a while it got tricky. My cousin lived with us, some days he didn't have work or anything so it was kind of a dangerous gamble to stay home, but he never went in my mom's room so I'd camp out in there. At some points I had to hide out!

I stopped skipping after winter break to try to pull my grades up and also I met a pegasister which was cool. I have no friggin' clue how I miraculously passed that year.

• Brohoof 1

I never did. Partially because of conscience, and partially because I realized that if I even tried to fake being sick, I ended up actually becoming sick. >.< I think I found this out one time when I was going to try to go home because of a minor headache, it then turned into a really bad migraine that made me actually have to go home. lol

• Brohoof 1

Up until around 11th grade I didn't really skip much school.  During my junior year I just got pretty sick of school so I started coming late to classes and I never did any of my work. I eventually just flat out skipped all of my classes. At first I would just leave class and hang out in the library, but I ended up just staying home after a while. I attended school probably around 4-5 days in a month.

The funny thing is, I've learned so much more on my own (with books and the internet) than I've learned in school.

Funny how that works.  I dropped out halfway through the ninth grade and never went back.  Got my GED at 16, then went to community college, regular college, and then law school.  The traditional education track can be stifling for lots of kids.  There are much more efficient ways to learn outside of high school. 

• Brohoof 2

Only ever for one class that I absolutely couldn't stand because it had a horrible teacher, and I made it my mission to avoid her as much as possible.Despite all the absences, I still ended up passing it, so I'd call that a win. :P

• Brohoof 1

I never skipped school. As for University, it did occasionally happen, mostly due to the random bus services. However, recordings of the lectures and complete lecture notes were always available straight after the lecture, so it was not that big of a deal.

However, some people never attended the lectures. They got kicked out after the University started to monitor student attendance.

Skipping lectures is rather stupid. Now, the fee is £9000 per year and you end up being kicked out because you never attend.

That's what I call a waste of money.

• Brohoof 1

I skipped my previous school year almost in its entirety. I only showed up at mandatory tests. Reason why I skipped was because that year I moved to a new place and had to redo a few subjects (Dutch, Chemistry, Physics and "Advanced" Mathematics) before applying for university. I already knew everything so if I would end up staying I would just bore myself out of my mind and waste my time. Since I was 19 at the time I was allowed to stay away as long as it didn't affect my grades which it didn't. What I did do in that time? I worked every single day until I finally scraped together enough money to pay for a visit to the optician, get decent glasses and finally start working for a driver's license. When I got all that I just saved my money for whenever I need it, this year's the first time in years that my life is finally calming down so my savings act as a plan B if things go wrong.

In the years before I sometimes stayed home faking I had a migraine, especially in the last half of each school year when I knew that my grades would make me pass no matter what scores I'd get in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Never. I was all about that perfect attendence and keeping my grades up. I was too paranoid to skip.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose I've never skipped class, however I leave campus during lunch or free periods fairly often. Technically I'm breaking a few school rules, but I never go far and I've yet to be caught.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't skipped an entire day of school before, but I have skipped certain classes or events a few times.

A recent example would be when I skipped Advanced Humanities class 2 days in a row because we were required to do coffee shop discussions about our inner beliefs. I don't have any friends in that class and I dislike several of the people in there. No way in hell I'm comfortable talking to those people about my inner beliefs. 

Probably lost points, but I don't care. I love the teacher, it's a great class, but I have my limits.

• Brohoof 1

I skip School very often, my overall attendance since Year 7 (I am a Year 10 now) is 88.1% and the needed attendance is 98% or something so yeah, me not going in, or walking around until School fully starts before coming home , I skip School a lot, still somehow my grades are awesome though ^^

• Brohoof 1

I've skipped quite many classes. I skipped probably the socializing class most back in 8th and 9th grade  they always bullied me there because I couldnt socialize I always sat quiet in the corner it wasnt very fun, and the teacher was, pretty distinctive I didnt like her she never said anything even when they bullied me in front of her. 

Recently I've skipped classes because I've been scared of this one teacher  or that I've been so tired that I've been sleeping the whole day. I'm not very proud about the fact that I've been skipping classes though