Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped school(or tried to)

Metallic Strings

I skip classes mostly, I don't really got an opportunity to skip school completely. There is only a few incidents where I forgot that there was school and didn't turn up. Of course, I was forgiven once. So my ticket is used up.

I used to skip school at least once or twice (maybe even three times) per semester back in High School.

Can't do that in college, though, because you're paying for those classes and, well, skipping a class is akin to wasting that money.

No splashing way! :o Actually I've tried to pretend to be sick when it was the day I had to participate in the spelling bee at school. I have tried for all those years I had to do that bee :P

There was that one time when almost all of the 8th graders decided to skip school one day(I wasn't one of them that day), yet I wasn't happy about it, so my mom said I could skip the next day, which I did. I've also skipped school because I was on vacation(often when I was visiting my grandpa in Florida).

I've skipped it a lot more than I'd admit to in real life, especially during my middle school years. Because I hated school so much and the people in it, I often called in sick and pretended to be my mother so the school wouldn't ask questions, and it always worked. It was often a cause of argument between my parents and I, as they received a letter every few months about the massive number of absences. I'm honestly surprised I was never held back. Now that I'm in high school, I still skip, but I try to do it a lot less to avoid suspicion, on those days when I'm too mentally and/or physically exhausted to deal with anything.

I skipped all the time in middle school. That was during a particular rough time in my life, and class just had no purpose to me.

Now in high school, not as much. Only if I'm late (which is rare) so I won't have to go get a tardy pass. 

I never purposely faked. I had too much integrity, and knew the consequences would be dire if my parents found out. Plus, I knew I wouldn't be convincing. and I'd be too paranoid about trying.

There were times in elementary school, about 5th or 6th grade that I didn't feel legit sick, but was like depressed about stuff, about growing up and growing distant from my childhood. So I stayed home and watched Barney, and Crocodile Hunter and K-9 to 5, stuff like that. 

Middle and High school changed all that. You got punished for missing days, even if they were confirmed sick with a doctor's note. Exams worked like this. If you got an A in your class, you didn't have to take an exam. You only needed to take a minimum of 3. You could schedule them all on the same day and start winter /summer break 2 days early!  

If you missed 3 days/ a total of 24 hours of class time, you had to take all of your exams, even for the classes you got As in, and risk lowering your grade by doing poorly on the exam.  

Rarely did I get sick.  I only stayed home if I was throwing up. Which is why more kids got sick. Because those sycophant ass clowns that ran the school encouraged kids to show up sick, causing more kids to get sick. 

But not only that, I wasn't' going to let school dictate my entire life. I had other things planned, namely conventions. I made sure I had at least one day to cover the friday of Anime Central, the biggest anime convention in the midwestern U.S. I was not missing that for some standardized testing. F##k my school! 

• Brohoof 1

I very rarely did, the last time was when I was in year 12 (so I was 16/17 years old) and they decided that we should all do sports day. I've never been all that good at track and field events. So it was a choice of losing (probably spectacularly) races in front of the majority of mine and the next year groups, or go round a mates (with most of my other friends at the school) and have a Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 tournament on his game cube.

The consequences were that I got to play DBZ: Budokai all day instead of making a fool out of myself :D

• Brohoof 3

I've pulled a couple of "sick" days in my earlier years but the most recent time I skipped school was in 8th grade. Since I rode my bike to school I rode into the woods and hid there all day just exploring, reading, hiding from people walking about, etc. and my parents never knew.

I only skip classes when its important. Reminiscing back, I know that I've skipped a great deal of classes. Most of them involving me prioritizing work over education. But I graduated fine and now taking up my master's degree.

Erm not down to my own fault no

I've skipped class, due to food reasons- 30mins for lunch wasn't always enough

I once got lost trying to find my school and ended up going to another school which................ Didn't end well

Best way to fake being sick is force vomiting i say(also, tell ur mom you did it about 3 times during the night)... also, when you wake up in the morning, quietly do some fast action, like walking in circles and drinking water, you blood pressure will increase.Did it rarely tho, maybe once every 3 months or so, so it doesnt become obvious.... problem is, it somehow caused me to be sick for real.... but, was never caught =)

I have skipped a lot of after-school programs and when the teacher wants to talk to me. I believe I managed to skip school once, but barely. I think I camped it out in the forest near my school. And I was waiting until school would be out so I could walk back to my house and my sister would have expected that I was at school for the whole day. But I started freaking out because I was all alone and I knew wolves used to live in the forest. Soo... Yeah. I made it home a tab bit too early but I managed to get away with it ;)

Nope, never. It feels like almost everyone has done so once but I actually have not. Idk stuff like that would make me feel bad so I never did that.

I skipped a whole week of elementary school because I was in another state with my mother while my father went off to another country, but I was given the week's worth of class and homework to do while I was away from school and I was terribly behind by the time I got back.  I never stayed out of state whenever he went ever since.

I also managed to skip a day of middle school to go to Great Wolf Lodge with some family friends.  Then in eighth grade and at the beginning of ninth grade, I was either late or absent from a lot of days due to not waking up on time to catch the bus (my father would leave well before I'm supposed to leave, so I had to wake myself up).  I've gotten better since then.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire

Way back in year 7 my mum helped me fake being ill so that I could skip sports day. The year before I'd had the absolute worst, most boring, tedious and depressing day at my primary school sports day which she got to witness at the time s she let me skip it. She's awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Well, ye, I was young once, so of course. But I walked to school as a foal, so, I just walked in a different direction after I left the house.

And when I was in highschool, I was 18 my senior year. So I could just tell my school I wasn't going to show up.

But, you know, I still graduated. 'Cause stay in school. Iz good.