Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped school(or tried to)

Metallic Strings

I was home schooled most of my life so.. skipping would be really hard XD 

Thought I didn't have to do anything when my parents took me traveling, so I'd have lots of time for hands-on learning about the world rather than textbooks/online learning 

Which was much better!

I was really sick of middle school back in the day, so me and a close friend used to skip it by rounding a corner which was required to arrive to the school, but when out of sight proceeded straight to a local park. The park was large and spacious, so there was never risk of being caught. And we never were.

I would occasionally just say to my Mum "I don't want to go to school today" and she'd be fine with it ^O^
But I wouldn't dream of cutting class...I'm always so terrified of breaking the rules...unless I know I can't be caught! ;)

No, I never skipped school. I was never given a detention either. You could call me a teachers pet, but I'd rather learn than waste the teachers' time.

Edited by Raritas

I've skipped a few times. I skipped days by just faking sick. I've skipped individual classes by hiding out in the bathroom. At my school, we've got classes that are an hour and a half long, so hiding out in the bathroom gets boring quickly.

I practically skipped my entire senior year. I got the high school to pay for me to go to a vocational school for half a day, and when I was brought back I went to a "study hall" for 3 hours. Which just consisted of me signing in and leaving. I'd usually just go out to eat and relax somewhere. It was... nice.

I skipped a couple times, but my parents knew about it. I always skipped Field Day every year in high school EXCEPT for my senior year. I stayed to hang out with my bestie. She was going to be lonely so yeah. I hated field day and never understood why we were still doing it in high school.. So I always skipped. I hate being hot and sweaty, plus I am not really athletic. 

Every year I take the opportunity to miss as much school as I can, as weekdays with sleep deprivation and weekends loaded with homework has sparked some pretty nasty mood swings and depressions in me. For most of my life, my circadian rhythm has been unstable and I procrastinate on my work. I'm the laziest person in the world for anything outside of my passion too. . . 

Edited by AdriCrow

When I was in high school I liked to make little exuses to why I wasn't feeling well to go to school, like stomachache or stuff like that. Or I was just dead tired.

And the two times I did college I skipped so many times I failed out. Shouldn't have done that since it was wasted money.. But other then those no I haven't.

I faked/exaggerated an illness quite a few times when I was in school. As far as outright skipping class, I never even tried, because If I didn't show up for school, my parents would receive an email, a text message, and a call to the home phone letting them know I wasn't there. So if I had ever tried to skip without their knowledge, I'd have been fucked. Looking back, that was some pretty Orwellian shit.

I'm pretty weird with attendance, by that I mean I've only had one day off school in the past 3 years. (Not including excursions or out of school days) Mind you, that one day off was to do a scholarship test, (which I got) so I think I'm pretty much clean. That's also why I'd never even think about skipping class. I'm also big on following rules most of the time.

Never. The last time I got out of a school day was when I was really sick (in my family you're not "really sick" until you're throwing up), which was okay because I got to sit on the couch and watch TV all day.

If my parents-- especially my mom-- found out that I skipped school I wouldn't live to see another day.

I skipped once to take my driving licence test at HS. And another time was  in college during summer course. My car DERPed  :muffins: , and I decided to skip that one day because I was feeling like doing so for a while, partly, bacause I was kinda addicted to ASS Creed II  :icwudt:

I skipped school a lot in high school along with my friends. I used to be dropped off at school by my mother, wait for around 10 minutes, and dip out and head to the local indoor skatepark and skated the rest of the day. I was grinding rails while everybody else was sitting in school. Lol! Good times...

I remember i used to fake being ill to go home a lot.

It was quite funny when i think about it because just some days i wouldn't be bothered to do work so i thought "Lets pretend to be ill" and it worked. Though i basically lied about the same thing over and over with a bad headache and feeling sick... but they didn't seem to remember so i would get sent home.

I skipped High School a lot. And I mean, a lot. During tenth grade, I sometimes only showed up for one or two days a week, as I was way too engrossed in my internet activities, unbeknownst to my parents. I would hide in the neighbor's garden reading a book until the car left, and then use my keys to get in. On the days I was in school, instead of typing down what the teacher was saying, I plugged in a netstick and went to town. When it finally got out that instead of attending lessons I was working on programming projects, I was "honorably expelled" (had a long talk with the counselor and we agreed that I can finish school at a later point. She never said it or even hinted it but I knew in my guts that if I continued for even one more week I would be expelled.)

I brought up every single project I could think of that I worked on, sent it to the army, and was drafted a year earlier than my intended draft date into the intelligence corps. If I get through this unit without a hitch, what it could put on my resume, I wouldn't need a high school degree, and possibly neither university.

I'm a risk taker.

Would you recommend doing this to other people? xD cus that's the dream life for me...and also because i'm only getting b's and c's at the moment in school cus I prioritise alot of time to browsing the internet xD