Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped school(or tried to)

Metallic Strings

Only when I haven't felt good, there were a couple times where my sickness wasn't too bad but I didn't want to go so I didn't. But my grades have always been good, and I always made up for anything I missed. But other than that I've never played hooky or anything 

Oh yeah. It's actually extremely easy to skip out on class at Uni. 

...Particularly when I wake up with a terrible headache after a big night.

Not the best idea in terms of grades though. It's a nightmare to actually catch up. The voice of reason hardly prevails, but you should probably not skip class, especially if you've already missed a few. Not unless you're keen on repeating the year.

Funnily enough, I never skipped a day of high school! But, can't say the same for Uni. :P 

I've never officially SKIPPED school, but the closest I ever DID do to skipping school was one time when I caught a TERRIBLE bug and was out of school for a week. I felt almost back to normal by day 4, but you better believe I rode that sick train as far as it could take me!

"No, Mom, really. I just don't want to infect the OTHER kids. I'm doing it for THEIR sake, not mine!" :P 

My family called me in for the day many times on occasion to skip PE class when they did turkey trots, fitness runs, and 5k finals, so I guess I skipped school with my family's permission.

I ditched PE once because of peer pressure, I was late to class everyday, always skipped class to see the counselor, and went home a lot because of a bully.

Edited by RainbowPastel

Would you recommend doing this to other people? xD cus that's the dream life for me...and also because i'm only getting b's and c's at the moment in school cus I prioritise alot of time to browsing the internet xD

I would not. I chose this path because I felt like it was the only way. I was getting way worse than B's and C's, or rather I don't know the equivalents, but I'm pretty sure completely failing tests is worse. I didn't study, and if I could choose between getting A's and B's and finishing High School to dropping out at tenth grade, I chose the former always. Of course, this entirely depends on what you see your future as and your own ambitions; do you believe you have the drive to succeed? To continue even when everything seems bleak and not give up and become a garbage truck driver because it pays alright?

The choice is always yours. Take heed that the less-trodden path may be more exciting and might have unexpected twists, but if you want to be safe and aren't ready to take this seriously and transform into an adult too early, then take the safe path. Finish school and go to university. I know that _I_ am prepared for the hard life ahead of me because I have wildly big dreams that I will kill for. It could be in ten years I'll hang myself from depression because I failed; who knows? All I know is that my life would turn out at least okay if I finish university, and taking the course of internet administration and programming five years ago gave me an enormous sense of pride, experience, and maturity. It gave me the ability to sway people and give everyone the impression I'm really smart, when in truth all of them had no doubt better scores in school than I. That was my goal with leaving High School and now is the time where I'm going to prove whether it payed off. The question you have for yourself is what are your goals.

If you're just going to quit school to have fun with your friends on a My Little Pony forum, don't even consider it.

Yeah, i have, a few times. Faked being sick, and if I might say, I did pretty good. Fake a couple coughs, try not to speak, and when I do, it's like my lungs are trying to breath through pure smoke, and finally, walk like I can barely stand. And voila, I'm good to go.

I've skipped school a few times, usually because the class at that time had no importance at all or because I couldn't stand the teacher. It's often the last class of the day I skip. I've also skipped a few classes because I was nervous for a presentation that day. I don't like standing in front of the class.  I get really nervous, which makes me feel sick as well. I'm pretty good at convincing the janitor to let me go home.

Edited by Pucksterv

I have never tried. I have gotten days off from school, but never intentionally skipped them because I didn't want to go to school. 

Pretty much only when I really was sick. I have been absent for like 24 school hours in the last 2 years of school which is like 4 days. Probably even less before. I just skipped like 1-2 times when it was really unnecessary and I knew nobody would care anyway.

I've skipped school before. I didn't have a phone, and me and my bro slept in a bunk bed, so I had to rely on the alarms on my bro's phone. His phone didn't happen to be on the charger, and his phone was dead, so it didn't wake us up. We couldn't go to school.

So interesting that so many people in here have faked being sick.  I was always terrified to miss a day of school because catching up and doing make up work was hell.  I only ever missed one day of school because I had debilitating stomach pain.  I got up and got ready to go, but collapsed on the way to the car.  I kept insisting I could make it, but my mom made me stay home.  Others fake being sick to stay home, I faked being well to try to go to school!

When I was younger sometime when I was sick enough but not quite, I could choose to stay home, if that counts. When I got older and had more homework, I started to get nervous when I got sick because I didn't want to make up homework. Now I don't want to miss all the homework from my classes. There was one time I skipped out on an after school thing because my friend said she was meeting with another girl she didn't like and I didn't want her to get hurt. They ended up fighting a little and I tried to pull the other girl off. In all, I don't really want to skip school because I'd get in trouble, and/or have to make up school work.

I've skipped school so much.  Sometimes though I'd sign out for some classes I didn't care to go to once I turned eighteen. You're not allowed to re-enter the school afterwards, but I often would creep back in to hang out in the art wing. My art teachers learned not to question me when my grinning face popped up outside their windows - they just let me in haha - enablers. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was younger my mom would let me play hooky. In fact I am pretty sure she DOESN'T want me to go to school. However my dad doesn't think that way and forces my to go to school when I don't have a fever or whatever. When it comes to skipping school though I never have really done it.... at least recently. Currently I am in 8th grade and I already hate at least 2 of my teachers here. I don't think I really like any of them though. I haven't done it yet but I may consider skipping school because of them. Especially when I found out that the next break (besides weekends) is 2 MONTHS away. And I know this isn't directly related to the topic but am I the only one that has bad grades? I have three failing grades they are in decreasing order a 69, another 69, and a 63. But I also have a 82 and I have three A's. They are in increasing order a 93, a 96, and a 100. Maybe my grades aren't that bad but I still don't think this is very good.