Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped school(or tried to)

Metallic Strings

ALL the time when I was still in school. I had severe depression as a child that has carried into my now adult life. I never got it treated since my mum denied it (she said she'd know since she had it at a time in her life). Lucky to even be in school 2 days a week, even if I wanted to go, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. This was also the case when I was in college, and was made worse since I HAD to go to afford the rent after my partner lost his job. I have no idea how I passed all of my exams so well, I never studied or even bothered with my homework.

Never in classes 1-9, but after that a lot actually. I really didn't like the new class and school, so I stayed home when my parents were working because I didn't want to go there.

Never in elementary school, but in gymnasium and high school, there were a few times where all of my classmates decided to leave as a group, because a teacher was absent, for example, and no one wanted to wait through 2-3 hours of nothing to take the final class. I didn't want to be the only person there, so I left too. :P

Only once, but it was one of the better days of high school. It was a planned skip with a group of friends. Went to IHOP for breakfast and then sat on the edge of a bridge overlooking a river for a while. Just peaceful existence.

Hell yeah, because I'm sure everyone agrees that there are some days you just really don't want to get out of bed. As long as it doesn't become habitual or seriously effects your grades, then there's no problem with taking a day for yourself every now and then, imo.

• 4 years later...

I have skipped the school for an entire day, to protest against my teacher acting bad. Well, a few classmates of mine said they would also skip, but they didn't. So I was alone. I had to face the teacher and tell him why, and he actually was okay with it.

If you don't count illnesses and the such, then the closest I've come is skipping classes in college. There were quite a few classes where I'd already known the material pretty well, so skipping here and there was tempting, especially in classes where attendance wasn't a grade.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

In junior high I did. I walked out as I would normally to go to class, but instead of going to the bus stop I went around to my back yard and hid out of view of the windows. Then I waited for my mom to go to work and went inside and watched Tom and Jerry.

Then when there was a little bit before she got home I went out to a park until I normally walked in from school with my book bag and all.

Perfect crime.

• Brohoof 1

I tried many times to get out of school by faking sick, with mixed results. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn’t. My parents knew I hated school so they were on their guard. I used to force myself to throw up (not as easy as it sounds) and I was a pretty good actress when I wanted to be convincing about how I felt. But once I was in school I never was able to get away until the bell rang. I skipped a class here and there by hiding out beyond the bleachers at the edge of the school boundaries with my fellow members of the Resistance, but it never lasted. Too many questions were asked. I was somewhat instrumental in helping others skip class by forging hall passes and library passes. I was quite good at that; I had a nice set of official stickers and could forge teachers’ signatures very well.  

Never entirely that I recall. However, one time in my community college days peer pressure happened. I...we... ended up skipping an Aural Theory class. The professor was really sweet and I feel really bad about this thinking back on it, but I'll explain: The professor was late, and our following last class of the day - concert band was cancelled. I think everyone in that class was in band. So all of the students decided that since she was late, we'd just skip and go home.

How did I get peer pressured into that? Two reasons: Not wanting to be in an Aural Theory class by myself, as that was always been a subject I'm weaker at and it gets really scary when you're picked out by yourself. The second reason was me not being able to drive and the fact that I was offered a ride home from one of the students. If I had stayed, I would have had to have stayed on campus doing nothing for like six hours following waiting for my ride. I didn't have a laptop back then because the one I got for college broke, and this was before smartphones and internet on them were a common thing, so I didn't have a smartphone with internet to occupy the time either.

Edited by Envy

Yes, because I was senior class representative and I was searching for colleges, anyday that I was going on a college search, I'd call a senior skip day. This was only exclusive to seniors and the teachers/principal didn't mind. It only happened once a month during the last two quarters of school. 

I have a friend who did multiple times but I’ve never done that myself. I had to take an unexcused a sense for a funeral once, though :worry:

My silly school-obsessed brain kept asking to have it on Friday afternoon instead of when it was cause I didn’t realize at the time you had to do it soon after the death.

• 3 months later...

I've only ever skipped school on sick days and on days where my mom felt it would be more convenient not to take me to school given her busy schedule. I dislike school but having to do it is a very normal thing for me, I don't really feel the need to act against it.

It was only during my final year in highschool, that I started skipping school. I did so due to my severe depression and not wanting to deal with my shitty teachers and the bullies at the school.