Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Villain Reformation: Should the Dazzlings have a chance to redeem themselves?

Sugar Pea

I think the school should accept them. Sonata building a bridge to the others through Pinkie Pie. Aria coming towards Rainbow Dash as a competitor and Adagio should try to be nice but has a hard time doing that, because she's a rude control freak.

I'll be honest; I want the Dazzlings to stay as villains. While Shimmer didn't do it for me as a villain AND works much better as a protagonist, the Dazzling are just FUN villains to watch. They're bad, and the LOVE it! Add in their facial expressions and they're just a treat to watch.

So no, I want them as vilains still.

I don't think the can even reform! They have to fed off of hate only to survive, plus their awesome villains. I really hope they get more character development in the future. :D

Yes, they are the best MLP villains. BUT they're not like the changelings, which really need to feed of of love. They need the hate to gain power, not for survival. It's only there to power that which is already powerful. Which they can't do anymore because their crystals shattered.

I honestly don't know if that's possible, since they are essentially an incarnation of evil. They don't know goodness, they don't understand it, and there's no point to them being reformed as their special talent was stealing other ponies/people's feelings and feeding off of them, which was effectively shut down when Twilight got a multikill on them with her Magical alicorn blast.

The only one who hasn't reformed was tirek.

Nor was Sombra, or Queen Chrysalis. As far as the Dazzlings go, I could see Sonata, but not the other two girls.

Nor was Sombra, or Queen Chrysalis. As far as the Dazzlings go, I could see Sonata, but not the other two girls.

If Sonata is mostly just funny teenager, Aria is grumpy one. Aria is just more annoyed about things (it's not much different than Rarity's or Rainbow Dash character). She will be harder to redeem - yes. But that just will make things more interesting!

Adagio, however, the one who are true villain. Smart, power hungry, ambitious. If it's not impossible, it will be really, really hard to redeem her. But that will make things even more interesting, right?

I honestly don't know if that's possible, since they are essentially an incarnation of evil. They don't know goodness, they don't understand it, and there's no point to them being reformed as their special talent was stealing other ponies/people's feelings and feeding off of them, which was effectively shut down when Twilight got a multikill on them with her Magical alicorn blast.

Oh yeah, Discord didn't understand friendship but his abilities are useful so he should be redeemed yes :\

Edited by MitBoy

If they bring them back, I don't see how they could really be effective as villains again, since their amulets/necklaces/whatever were destroyed and they don't have a way to harvest the negativity of others anymore. I do like Vital Spark's idea of a temporary alliance to stop a greater evil, and like others have said, outright redemptions gotten a bit stale in this series.

I think two villain reformations is enough., in my opinion. xD

I mean, I absolutely loved the Dazzlings in Rainbow Rocks and all, but they were some pretty bad girls. (On account of their history and present day agenda).

Do you think Hasbro would be beating a dead horse if the Sonata, Aria and Adagio were to be reformed in the future, seeing as they were left empty handed?

In my honest opinion, they shouldn't be reformed. If they were, it should be done over time. Not forced like with Sunset Shimmer though I did enjoy that she reformed and became one of my favorite characters.

• Brohoof 1

Not so. Sombra and Chrysalis haven't been reformed. Sombra was possibly killed.

And although they're more antagonists than villains, Gilda, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and the Flim Flam brothers have not yet been reformed.

Silver Spoon may be redeemed

But as for this question, I dont think

well be seeing the dazzlings again

anytime soon.

I honestly wouldn't care either way if they were reformed or not. But personally I think it would be pretty interesting to see Sonata Dusk being reformed only since she was a pretty awful villiain without Adiago and Aria with her. So I can see Sonata having a good heart compared to the other two. As for Adiago and Aria, it would be interesting to see them reformed but I guess it's true a lot of villain are being reformed. After all, Starlight Glimmer may be reformed at the end of season 5 as Twilight hopes she will.

Edited by GoldenGlintingPurple

tbh i don't see a point in reforming them. they are sirens which in mythological tales, are quite evil.
therefore making them good will  make them lose there whole personality 

SPOILER!!!!! in the comic Feindship is magic 3. it talks about the Dazzlings past, and in it you see Starswirled writing about his encounter with them and how he hopes they can use their power for good

Edited by PathfinderCS
moved comic spoilers into spoiler code

@@Angel Wings

Just letting you know that I edited your post so that the comic plot was hidden by spoilers. Keep in mind that just saying spoilers likely won't be enough; especially as the comic was only released last Wednesday.

Thanks. :)

@@Angel Wings

Just letting you know that I edited your post so that the comic plot was hidden by spoilers. Keep in mind that just saying spoilers likely won't be enough; especially as the comic was only released last Wednesday.

Thanks. :)

thanks, i'm new here so im not sure how you do that lol. 

• 3 months later...

Imagine if you will,

An entire 48 minute tv movie special. "Dazzlings: After the last Song"

We have an entire hour special with our three most fan loved heroines, dealing with there current state post RR. Adagio shuts down, Sonata trust to laugh it off but ends up on the bad end of a rant from a tear soaked leader. Aria gets her character depth finally and flat out panics and flees only to find herself in viewing humans while having a mental war. Etc etc etc.

I would love this, sadly the siren lore is rather to shallow. Example? Sure! Are they sisters or enchanted tools to adagio, is that spell now brokenetc. Are they thousands of years old or just a few years in the human world ala the comic. What exactly is the personal relationship between the three, is there even room for real friendship and love. Etc etc.

These topics have been attacked by the fans for almost a year, still, no real answers...I'd watch the celestial flank out of this tv special.

Eh, I really don't think so; it'd be the reverse of Sunset Shimmer. She was a generic villain, she had no personal flair that could endear us to her. She had generic, unexplained goals and she had generic, boring ways about going about it. If she were replaced in Equestria Girls, none of us would miss her. But when she reformed, she became fleshed out and gained a third dimension to her character. She's vulnerable and eager to please and do right. She has her own flair and quirks that endear us to her. If she were replaced in Rainbow Rocks, we'd all miss her and want her back.

Conversely, the Dazzlings are the opposite. They were really unique, endearing villains. They were deliciously evil and their interactions with each other and others made us want to see more of them, and definitely wanted us to hear them sing some more. Rainbow Rocks wouldn't have been the same without them. If they were reformed, they would just be generic reformed characters. Their journey to reformation wouldn't have the same impact as Sunset Shimmer's because they were so endearing and enjoyable to watch as villains and to strip that away wouldn't be a good idea.

This is a trend that has been around since the very beginning of the series. Nightmare Moon was a bland villain who had bland goals, yet Luna is deep and intriguing. She's awkward and a bit archaic, yet she's still vulnerable and willing to essentially cast herself into eternal damnation in order to repent for what she's done. Discord, however, was so deliciously evil.  He didn't have some backwater, generic excuse for doing what he did. He did it because he enjoyed it. But now what's made him so endearing as a villain has been stripped away and what's left is kind of a brat whose only purpose is a plot device to develop others while missing out on his own development.

So, in essence, there is a dynamic here that Hasbro needs to keep in mind. If they make a shitty villain, then maybe give them a chance at redemption. But if they're a really good villain, leave them alone.

• Brohoof 1

So, in essence, there is a dynamic here that Hasbro needs to keep in mind. If they make a shitty villain, then maybe give them a chance at redemption. But if they're a really good villain, leave them alone.

What about Discord? I don't see logic. 

What about Discord? I don't see logic. 

I addressed Discord in my previous post. I know that viewpoints on him as a villain versus him reformed are very mixed, but the majority opinion that I've seen, including my own, is that his character is worse for wear as reformed. Though he did have some development during Twilight's Kingdom, to me that development was soured in Meet New Friends But Keep the Discord. He seems to have gone back to his season 3/4 self where he's just arbitrarily fucking with ponies. He stirred up trouble at the Gala, brought a creature that could cancel out even Celestia's magic and threatened to send Tree Hugger to another dimension all because he felt like Fluttershy can't have any friends other than him and potentially the rest of the mane six. That makes no sense to me as he already learned the lesson of sharing and embracing friendship in Twilight's Kingdom. It just seemed like a thinly-veiled excuse by the writers to have Fluttershy give another "reason you suck" speech.

The thing that made Discord so loved as a villain is that he was unique and though he was messing with the landscape, physics and biology of the Equestrian world, he was still psychologically tormenting ponies and remains to this day the only villain that has broken the bond between the mane six. He was cutting, dangerously genre-savvy and incredibly manipulative and people loved that about him. These were traits that have never been seen in such form before or since and the way he goes about them is uniquely Discord.

My point is that reformation isn't something that should be thrown around as much as Hasbro does and that it should be only potentially given to characters that make bad villains. Or I suppose if it is part of the story, such as Nightmare Moon reverting back to Luna. But even then, it should be handled carefully.

It all boils down to writing. I'm up for the Dazzlings being reformed.

Sunset was a power hungry she demon that wanted to take over the world because being popular inflated her ego. The Dazzlings desire to take over the world was only the result of their hunger for magic. The only thing they ever needed was to feed of from the negativity of people. But having too much power gave them the realization that they can enslave the world so they acted on it. Its in the inherent nature of the Dazzlings to be like this. I'm not sure how they can be reformed. Its possible but it better have some ingenious writing if the writers are going to take that route.

I do not think so because they weren't trying to be friendly after all. They may not forgive the Mane 6 (Including Sunset Shimmer) for breaking the most important thing in their lives.