Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Once more unto the breach

Creamy Arty

For those who don't know me, I was an administrator here from June of 2013 through August of 2014 and a moderator for several months prior to that. During that period I dabbled in some of everything, laboring tirelessly on whatever I could get my hands on. Throughout my tenure and prior to it, I made many friends here: folks I bumped into while posting around the forums, Equestria.tv regulars, people I gamed with on Steam, those I randomly encountered on Skype, and even some people upon whom I moderated. MLP Forums became more of a home to me than I had ever known. A time came, however, when I had to depart, culminating after many months of internal struggle.

Without delving into all of the intimate details, my resignation last August was due mostly to real life circumstances I had been bottling for a very long time and inevitably reached an unsustainable level. I had a lot of problems in my personal life that needed to be resolved, problems which had tainted my enjoyment and my perception of this forum and the friends I have here. Coupled with the stresses inherent to working here, it was simply too much. As some of you probably know, I attempted to take a little vacation last May to collect my thoughts and unwind, involving the loss of my alicorn badge, giving me the appearance of no longer being on staff. Sounded like a great plan. No badge, no obligations, no worries.

Not so. I kept doing stuff behind the scenes here and the issues I had irl continued to pile up. MLP Forums was too much of an escape for me, regardless of what being here entailed. Unfortunately, I reached my breaking point circa early July, and I knew I had to walk away altogether before I completely lost it. So... that's what I did. I decided to alert the staff that I would be resigning, made a very short blog about the matter, remained on staff long enough to wrap up some outstanding matters that could use my attention, and to find new admins to take my place, then I made my exit. After leaving, my life which was barely held together by duct tape at that point finally fell apart... allowing me to rebuild it, bigger and badder than before!

Why the hell am I back, some of you may be asking? It's simple, we kill the Batman I wanted to make myself useful. Glad am I to say that everything weighing on me last year is now over and done with. That 6 or so months of retirement I had was refreshing and allowed me to finally sort things out that were long overdue. So where does that leave me now? Kind of bored and desiring once again to assist a community that has also supported me.

So here I am, reporting for duty. should be relieved to know that I haven't forgotten how to fire phasers.

post-6104-0-16241700-1423720794_thumb.png

• Brohoof 44

I can't put into words how wonderful it is to have you back arty. I always looked up to you and you guided me my entire time on staff. 

Far more importantly, you're one of my best friends, and truly a brother. I love and trust you more than most anyone else. Having you by my side in staff work again is a truly wonderful thing.

Your long service and dedication to this community is appreciated by anyone who has eyes. I'm thankful that you're willing to put even more time and effort into managing this site.

• Brohoof 14

Welcome back Arty. Its more then a simple pleasure to have you back on the team. I've worked with you since I first joined staff 17 or so months ago and its good to have one of the old boys back. Won't even need to wish you luck, you know what you're doing better then almost anyone.

<3

• Brohoof 9

You know, I haven't known you that much, but from our limited time of bonding on Skype & all, I felt I found a friend.

I think I joined staff shortly after you had resigned. Needless to say I'm glad to have you back on as partner...and boss too; I suppose. :P

• Brohoof 7

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome, everyone. As always, I'll give it my best.  :catface:

Who's Artemis? Probably some scrub.

Come at me, sis!  :okiedokielokie:

<3 Glad you're back.

Aww <3 ^_^

I already said it once,and I say it again.
Best staff is back again <3

I appreciate that! :squee:

As always though, I have to reiterate that everyone plays a vital part. ^^

You know, I haven't known you that much, but from our limited time of bonding on Skype & all, I felt I found a friend.

Thanks, I felt the same. There was something kindred there. We need to hang out more though. Easily enough to make happen. ^^

I think I joined staff shortly after you had resigned. Needless to say I'm glad to have you back on as partner...and boss too; I suppose. :P

And I'm looking forward to working with you. Try to think of me more as a partner than a boss though. I suppose I am a boss, technically, but I prefer to be seen as a more seasoned comrade if possible. ^^;

• Brohoof 8

Somewhere, JR is screaming, "IT'S ARTEMIS! ARTEMIS IS BACK! BY GAWD, ARTEMIS IS BACK AND READY TO WHOOP SOME ASS!"

• Brohoof 9

I knew you'd find your way back into the fold at some point. Once you join, there is no turning back ~

ea1e70d267.jpg

I meaaann, I'm glad you made the choice to return.  :smug:

Hehe, but for reals, Its good to have you back on the staff  :)

• Brohoof 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM

---

A brave and courageous soul; a strong and endeavoring heart... This is the return of a man who truly cares.

Artemis, I know I wasn't here when you were on the staff before, but nonetheless I've seen your posts many a time, and I have always regarded you as having a style that I very much enjoy.  You are thoughtful and thorough, without sacrificing explicit clarity.  It's easy to tell that not only are you a man of great intellect, but you also sincerely enjoy what you do here and place high value in making this forum a community.  

I'm glad to see you've come back to the staff.   

---

8583a128b1.png

~ Miles

• Brohoof 8

About time I popped in here :P. I'll steal a page from your book Arty. 

457.gif

giphy1.gif

Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump.gif

Arty's expected reaction to all of this approval. 

tumblr_mctalko.gif

• Brohoof 7

mlfw1296_yu3tJ.gif

YAY!!!  Purple star-butt pony's biggest fan is back!!!  Missed you around here very much, Arty (though I will be honest as well, given how busy my own life's been, and the fact that you still posted status updates from time-to-time on World of Equestria, I, much to my shame, kinda forgot you'd left.  My bad  :derp: )!!!  This is great, you didn't even miss a new season!  :proud:   And now that you're back, we can do all sorts of stuff, like build book forts, drink gallons of steaming-hot coffee, and, wait-  :wau:

Why the hell am I back, some of you may be asking? It's simple, we kill the Batman

:wau: ...

:wat: ...

:confused: ...

:pout: ...

You, uh, care to explain that "buddy"?  I see how it is; you made some new "friends" over in Gotham, a certain, unsavory bunch, during your hiatus, and now you're back because of them!  :angry:   Well I know exactly what you're up to, mister, and let me tell you, this Derp Knight's watching you... like a bat-hawk!!!  :okiedokielokie:

mlfw1178_medium.jpg

• Brohoof 7

YAY!!!  Purple star-butt pony's biggest fan is back!!!  Missed you around here very much, Arty (though I will be honest as well, given how busy my own life's been, and the fact that you still posted status updates from time-to-time on World of Equestria, I, much to my shame, kinda forgot you'd left.  My bad  :derp: )!!!  This is great, you didn't even miss a new season!  :proud:   And now that you're back, we can do all sorts of stuff, like build book forts, drink gallons of steaming-hot coffee, and, wait-

Yeah, I've been trying to become more active on WoE. I very much like it and have plenty of friends there. Not going to neglect what I've got going for me here though. Glad to be here before season 5 starts though! I'm so stoked for it ^_^

Coffee sounds delightful! I just finished some coffee and I'm about to make more. You should join me. :lol:

You, uh, care to explain that "buddy"?  I see how it is; you made some new "friends" over in Gotham, a certain, unsavory bunch, during your hiatus, and now you're back because of them!  :angry:   Well I know exactly what you're up to, mister, and let me tell you, this Derp Knight's watching you... like a bat-hawk!!!  :okiedokielokie:

post-6104-0-89455400-1424221483.gif

Oh, no no no no no. Nothing suspicious going on here at all. You can sleep with both eyes closed. No worries. ^^;

• Brohoof 4

img-3509214-1-The%20Plotting%20Bastard.p

He's been plotting to return the whole time, gaiz. :o It was right in front of you.

Congratz on regaining your status within the Q Continuum, may you be able to shape things towards a better future.

Blah, blah, blah...

img-3509214-2-tumblr_m8rk4maQJF1rziwwco1

I shall see you around on here as well, as I too have returned in some sense. To active-dom, at least. For now. :3

• Brohoof 4