Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The first MLP Tag Team Tournament - Solar Eclipse are your winners!

TailsIsNotAlone

There it is, folks: the tournament is over, and the unorthodox team of Celestia and Sunset Shimmer are Equestria's tag team champions! This may well be the first time either pony has come out on top in a forum contest, and they absolutely earned it. 

Thanks so much to everyone for making this a special poll with music clips and awesome match summaries. I think I'll do it again next year with all new teams. What new ponies will enter the tourney? Who would Starlight Glimmer team up with? You'll just have to wait and see.

Congratulations to Solar Eclipse! I'll celebrate the victory with their official theme music.  :)

• Brohoof 2

I am both happy and annoyed, a strange combination of emotions I admit. I am happy that Celestia has actually one in something but annoyed that it took Sunset Shimmer winning as well along side of her. Don't get me wrong, she isn't a bad pony or a bad character and I am actually starting to warm to the mare... but my annoyance comes from how her development took place in the Equestria Girls movies. My feelings are a bit complex, and others may not understand.  :adorkable:

Still, it was a close fight and I enjoyed the 'adventure' and excitement of seeing these tournaments take place. It was interesting to see Twilight and Spike face off against Celestia and Sunset Shimmer, as was many of other earlier fights.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

(Why did it had to be scooter?)

*Claps* Mazeltov Solar Eclipse, Mazeltov. It was a very close call, but in the end, you gone out victorious. You deserve the belts and can walk proudly around with them.

But mark my words.

medium.jpeg

They'll be back.

• Brohoof 2

And as the ref counts three, the crowd goes wild! Celestia begins taking her bows, until she hears a muffled "Princess Celestia? I think you can get off my face now."

Now Spike starts cracking up, followed by Sunset Shimmer, and finally all of them collapse in a fit of laughter. And, as they all begin helping each other up and congratulating each other on the great match, it seems we couldn't go the whole tournament without any pony girliness. I'm gonna leave before they start hugging each other...

Edited by The Second Opinion
  • Brohoof 3

Congratulations to team Solar Eclipse for winning the Tag Team Championship! Sunset Shimmer now has ended her past and is looking to a brighter future.

Both Sunny and Princess Celestia deserve a medal!

• Brohoof 1

I would've loved to do some more detailed commentary, make this a more indepth contest. But now of all times is when I had to get hit with a cold. 

Maybe next year. 

Long live Equestrian Strong Style. Long live the spirit of Equestrian Wrestling.