Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which school rules do you hate the most

Metallic Strings

It's compulsory to pray during our daily scripture.

How long ago was this? i remember being like 11 (so 10 years ago) and going from praying at every assembily to not being allowed to mention religion because there was a shitstorm that came from literally everyone that wasn't christian

Where do I begin? At my old high school we had a merit/demerit system (mostly demerit I'll explain why later). If we do good, we get merits, if we do bad we get demerits. If one were to get a total of 4 demerits in one week, you had to stay for detention on Friday. Now I'll list what you can get demerits for and how many:

Off Task= 1

Cursing= 4

Missing part of school uniform= 4

Possession of Permanent Marker= 4

UNTIED SHOES=1

Can ya'll believe this crap? That means you can get detention for missing a part of your uniform, having a permanent marker, or having untied shoes! WTH is that crap? I even had to face detention because I had a brown belt instead of a black one! WTH??!!? :okiedokielokie:

Also, the "merit" part of the system is so obscure, that you don't get merits for things you should. And half, the time it's almost to where that "good" thing you did, is passed off as something you should have done regardless and you don't get it. Furthermore, if you ask "Hey, why didn't I get a merit for that?" the teacher will be all like "I was going to give you one but since you asked, I can't give it to you." IMO the teach was never going to give the student a merit anyway so I felt like they were trolling us. AND it was never once explicitly stated exactly what merit do for a student, so it was just the BS placebo effect!  :angry:

I bet that tops all of yours eh? :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

Eating inside, seriously, if they spot us eating inside, they will try to send us outside, even if it's raining, won't bother me now cos i go to college, not many rules there...

Although they don't allow me to sit in the floor as it is a trip hazard for when there is a fire, even though I sit in a corner XD

I can think of a few. Thankfully, most of my teachers don't enforce these rules.

No music

No phones

No gum

No drinks

No hats

Maybe because classrooms are indoors, and we're not fucking indoor-hat-wearing savages?

Hey! I'm not a savage!  :P

I always wear a hat. I hate my hair, I feel I look better when I wear a beanie or cap. And sometimes my school gets really cold in the winter, I gotta keep my ears warm!

• Brohoof 1

My school is pretty lax with rules... most of my teachers let us use our phones in class if we're done with the work, and we can listen to music during lunch or study halls. Hats aren't allowed, but I don't wear a hat anyways, so. :P The rest of the dress code isn't really enforced.

I don't know if this counts as a rule, but I hate that my school starts so early! >_> I'm always half asleep throughout the beginning of the day.

Well there is the "NO PDA ON CAMPUS" rule (what gives?)

Then there's somewhat strict dress codes for hair length SPECIFICALLY ON GUYS. (Really? REALLY?)

This is one of the most lenient public schools in Texas from what I hear. Hell, one place REQUIRES YOU TO WEAR POLO SHIRTS, EVERY DAY. Isn't that pretty much A SCHOOL UNIFORM?

Strictness is never going to stop ANYTHING from happening. N-E-V-E-R.

• Brohoof 1

You go to a private school? Because if a public school is doing this it is completely illegal.

Yeah it's a private Catholic school. But I still find it stupid that they make us pray.

How long ago was this? i remember being like 11 (so 10 years ago) and going from praying at every assembily to not being allowed to mention religion because there was a shitstorm that came from literally everyone that wasn't christian

Now.

Edited by Flitter

- Can't use your phone even if it's an emergency or using it for calculator. That's the only rule I dislike. I mean, what if a loved one is in serious condition and needs your help. Using the phone is the only option available. Also, I don't see anything wrong with using a calculator app in class.

- I don't have this in the college I attend luckily. But I remember going to a school that enforces dress code rules. It's a human right to dress themselves whatever they want.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

I've never had this problem myself, but anything with uniforms.

Schools shouldn't be allowed to tell you how to dress. Even worse when you get a detention for wearing the wrong color belt like someone above said.

• Brohoof 1

Not being aloud to eat or drink during lessons... 
God it's annoying, chewing helps concentration so eating food is good and staying hydrated helps thinking, hate how my School is like
"NO EATING OR DRINKING DURING CLASS" Unless I have a nice teacher who don't mind/care heheh.

Not being aloud to eat or drink during lessons... 

God it's annoying, chewing helps concentration so eating food is good and staying hydrated helps thinking, hate how my School is like

"NO EATING OR DRINKING DURING CLASS" Unless I have a nice teacher who don't mind/care heheh.

Yes, but many people leave trash for others to clean when eating in class. I do disagree with the rule about no water. We need water. I would always never drink enough because I couldn't have any in school. They thought we'd put alcohol in it because one person did a long time ago.
  • Brohoof 1

"You will be seated when the teacher tells you to be." The teacher isn't royalty. They're a teacher. A middle-class citizen just like me. Sure, I'll give them respect because they're an 'elder' by not talking in class or whatever. But that specific rule urks me.

Heh, I had a friend who would never sit down in class. for some reason he just needed to stand. he got yelled at a lot.

---

I hate that we're not allowed to use phones/tablets in class after we're done with our work. (actually I only have like one teacher that does this but still its annoying because that class is the one we do the least stuff in!)

We gotta wear school shirts. Theyre really crappy tshirts and its just stupid we gotta wear them. I mean damn if youre gunna make us wear a uniform then get make it a real damn uniform. And there is a possibility that next year theres going to be only a certain set of colors on shirts you can wear, which is even more BS cuz it will make more than half my shirts obsolete.

Also no pda. i dont mean like kissing and shit, thats completely understandable. but you cant even hold hands or nothin.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

I'm not sure if this happens at other schools, but on excursions, with sleeping arrangements, they always separate the boys from the girls. I understand why they do it, especially in high school, but what if you're a guy and most or all of your friends are girls or vise versa, there should be something they can do to work with this rule for people like that 

THE DRESS CODE

I could tolerate it at first. No sort-shorts or belly buttons because the school wasn't okay with today's fashion. I can deal. But when a bra strap just happens to be seen under your t-shirt and the teacher tells you to put on a dirty sweater from the lost and found because "it'll distract the boys," I draw the line. First of all, what do you think'll happen to the boys, lady? They'll see a bit of cotton and suddenly it's the sexiest thing they've ever seen? Will that strap of cotton turn them on? And that dude's gay, is this glorious bra strap gonna distract him from your riveting lesson on the quadratic formula? You sending that girl to the office because of a bra strap cuts into her education, disrupts the class, and is just really friking stupid.

Thanks, I needed to let that one out.

• Brohoof 3

Saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Seriously, you are speaking to a flag which is a piece of fabric on a stick that is revered only because it represents your country. And no, in America there is not "liberty and justice for all". Did you know same-sex marriage is still illegal in 13 states? And the only legitimate reason is because of bigoted Christian a**holes. There are other ridiculous things like this, I could go on and on, but I am lazy and don't want to type for long so that is all for now. :angry:

Edited by HerpDerp88
  • Brohoof 2

First of all, what do you think'll happen to the boys, lady? They'll see a bit of cotton and suddenly it's the sexiest thing they've ever seen? Will that strap of cotton turn them on?

Yes, that is precisely what would happen.

Frankly, I'm turned on a fair amount just from reading the above quote. What colour was it?

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle