Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which school rules do you hate the most

Metallic Strings

No iPods. Seriously, I cannot concentrate without music (and I know tons who can't either), it helps me focus and actually get good scores/grades, but nah better ban them since you could cheat, somehow. Punish those who cheat and don't ruin it for everyone else.

And not being allowed carrying messenger bags to class is annoying as well, I'm overly organized so I wind up carrying a lot of stuff and not being able to put them all easily in a bag is frustrating to say the least, plus I have to go grab everything between classes which gives me 3 minutes to get my stuff and get to class or else I get detention (you could be 1 minute late to class and you'd still get a detention).

And the Pledge of Allegiance is downright creepy, I'm not sure if any other countries do this to their flag but I really want no part in it and being forced to recite or else you get in trouble is obnoxious. 

Nothing, really.

What bothered me the most is that people never followed them, and no one ever enforced them.

I remember making a scene in one of my freshman classes when I stood up in the back to tuck in my shirt, and people kept giving me disgusted faces. Presumably because I unbuttoned my pants.

I looked around and said

"So it's ok for all of you to walk around with your pants down to your knees, but the moment I tuck in my shirt, everyone loses their shit?"

• Brohoof 3

-You only have 30 secs to use the bathroom during class

(I would bring coffee in the morning in a travel mug and drink during "breakfast" and some of us had to catch a bus at 5:30 in the morning for those who lived outside the city.... the vice principal asked me what i was drinking and I told him and he said students could not have coffee/tea and made me dump my coffee in the sink...)

-No Coffee/tea even during lunch or in the morning

-you got only one min between classes to go to your locker

- "The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do." Great, so what's the bell for?

- We're strictly prohibited to play a game called wall-ball, because teachers think it's dangerous. I played it all the time in elementary school, nobody even got hurt from playing it.

- We can't wear hats, only if they have the school color/logo on it.

- No chewing gum or eating candy (only in art class). I don't understand that, I'm allowed to chew gum and eat candy in any other class but art. We do have a strict art teacher, but still. I can see why she wouldn't allow candy because it makes a mess sometimes, but how does a small lollipop make a mess? If the teacher catches you eating candy, you're forced to throw away the rest.

• Brohoof 1

I'm confused, what are you trying to say? Are you talking about young people who use phones?

I'm trying to say that I don't understand all these people being like, "I hate that we can't use our phones in school!" Because I never took my phone to school and I turned out just fine. I don't get this whole thing with people being SOOOO attached to their phones. Even though I'm a young person myself.

• Brohoof 1

About the phones thing, they are all collected in the office in the morning which is what I do.

It does not bother me, it does not cause me any issues, I don't rely on my phone to live unlike some people.

• Brohoof 2

@,

My school bans phones too, which I dislike because I like listening to music with my phone or playing on an emulator I have on it. I can live without it, but I'd be nice to have something to do during lunch other than doodling and/or reading. 

Get this my school actually ALLOWED gum! I was against it because I've known people to stick gum in places (under tables and chairs). But they let us have it because according to some people, chewing gum helps you think. I was not amused :okiedokielokie: . Then when the teachers started finding wrappers on floors, it all of a sudden became a problem. And I knew that no good would come from allowing gum in school!  >_>

The profanity rule. I'm an 18 year old adult in 12th grade, let me say whatever the fuck I want when I'm talking to my friends. I get not spurting it out in class when the teacher is trying to teach, but getting in trouble for it when I'm just goofing around with some friends is ridiculous. 

I know it can offend people, but part of life is not allowing what other people say or do to get to you too much. Might as well start learning that in high school.

Using profanity does not make you an adult.

• Brohoof 3

The stupidest rule in school I can remember was the no running during recess rule from elementary school. Are you kidding me?

Maybe because classrooms are indoors, and we're not fucking indoor-hat-wearing savages?

Maybe some of us are indoor-hat-wearing savages.
3fc18a699dsavageimg.jpg

• Brohoof 1

The rule that I hate most is that the dudes have to tuck in their shirts. I'm not male, but it looks tacky after a while. Seriously.

I also wish that the 'No running in school halls' rule applied to everyone. My vice principal just LOVES to get a day of workout while he power walks throughout the school. And by lunch time, his armpits are sweating tremendously.

I agree with this, SCS. Swearing only makes you look dumb and immature if you use it excessively. Hence why I only use it if I'm hurt, for example.

It makes you look dumb and immature if you use it around strangers. SCS said "let me say whatever the fuck I want when I'm talking to my friends." I'm pretty sure SCS' friends know that SCS isn't dumb and immature just because he swears.

• Brohoof 1

The school rule i hate the most is your only aloud to drink water. plain water u cnat even have flavour water

They sell clear water flavoring in grocery stores (like Walmart), if you want to try that. Just mix it in with your water, and you are good to go!   ;)

Edited by HerpDerp88

In September 2012, I moved to a different part of the country; I joined a new school as a result.

The part I despised was the uniform. Up until that point, I was indifferent to uniform, but the jumper you had to wear was black. Combine that with hot weather and me playing drums and you have a recipe for a ruined day.

Also, when I was in year 10 (this was in 2011), I chose to do some extra classes at a different school. There didn't seem to be any strict rules, except that you had to carry your coat around with you in the halls; you couldn't wear them because... I have no bloody clue.

Edited by Blackened

My school doesn't allow eating in some classes because some people might have peanut allergy. Not all food has peanuts in it. How about change it to no peanuts.

That would be difficult to enforce

Firstly, what is the deal with you kids and your phones? I'm a young person and I honestly believe you don't need phones in school. It's an unnecessary distraction. I mean, WHO are you people talking to 24/7? I get bored with text conversations after twenty minutes. Besides, anyone under the age of fourteen doesn't need a mobile anyway.

I call bs. When I was 12, my parents were both at work when I got home. We had no landline and a mobile was one of our only options.

Just sayin

The in-state tuition vs. the out-of-state tuition makes no sense, shouldn't it be equal regardless of state.  The only thing people should worry about is whether or not their credits are transferable from one college to another, regardless of state lines.

Edited by Anishna
  • Brohoof 1