Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I grant MLP Forums the big cash money wad!

Yellow Diamond

This is a quick announcement!

As of February 13, 2015, we have officially switched our main currency from the Canadian Dollar (CAD) to the US Dollar (USD). All future transactions and donations will thus be made in USD.

Why was this change made? Over the past several years, the CAD was on par with, and even exceeded for a time, the worth of the USD. And because Feld0 is a Canadian citizen and resident, it made logistical sense to stick with his native currency.

But now the USD is outperforming its Canadian counterpart. (America FTW!) Many of our members here use the USD as well. It’s therefore simpler for us and for you guys to deal in a more prevalent currency.

How will this change affect you? Probably not very much. Transactions will work the same way as they have in the past. We’ve already alerted our artists and subscribers to the change so that they won’t miss a beat. If you haven’t received a PM from us regarding the switch, then you don’t need to do a thing.

Now, for your entertainment: Flynn Rider and a unicorn on the island known as MLP Forums, surrounded by enormous piles of money.

tangled-disneyscreencaps.com-4788.jpg

• Brohoof 15

Finally the forums had the common sense to switch over to US dollars. Everybody else can line up on the right to exchange currency. Goodbye whoever that dude on that one Canadian paper dollar was, Hello Ben Franklin!

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't call it common sense, just that it makes things simpler for the many who are in USD. It also means technically a higher income since one is worth more than the other. For me it means I actually don't need to do a weird conversion to CAD when I place a commission order and also want to zero out my reloadable card balance. Very happy about this.

• Brohoof 7

Oh Spoony, you didn't have to provide all those excuses for switching the currency, we know the real reason ya'll are doing it... because BOOM, 'MURICA, THAT'S WHY!!!  B)  B)  B)

110704-derpy-usa.jpg

• Brohoof 2