Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather get rid of Valentine's Day or st Patrick's day?

Metallic Strings

Valentine's Day. Saint Patrick's Day is a significant cultural and religious ceremony for the Irish, catholics, and a few other Christian denominations. On the other hand, Valentine's Day is mostly a corporate plot to make more money and just a day of celebrating love when it should be celebrated every day rather than one particular day. Therefore, taking Saint Patrick's Day will hurt the Irish and catholics a lot.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Valentine's day; pretty much any holiday that makes people feel left out or empty I would remove.

So you would get rid of all holidays.

Therefore, taking Saint Patrick's Day will hurt the Irish and catholics a lot.

Are you sure? Look what people have done to it. It's just as corporate now as Mother's Day which used to have good intentions in the past. I don't know about Valentine's Day but it probably had a past too just like Saint Patrick's Day. They're really all the same now.

• Brohoof 1

St. Patrick's Day; It used to have more historical connotation, but it's mostly become irrelevant in this era. Valentine's Day is a time for couples to celebrate and commemorate their relationship. There are those who may not like it either because they don't care or are bitter over being single, but it definitely has more relevance and meaning to todays society than St. Patrick's.

Why would I take either off of the calender?

I'm lonely every day of the year, so Valentine's Day isn't that terrible to me in of itself. And St. Patrick's Day, while it has no meaning to me really, I wouldn't erase it. It's a tradition that others celebrate but not me... That doesn't mean it should be erased! =P

It doesn't matter which one you say, you will always sound bitter to those who value those holidays. Either way I'd say Valentine's Day, there are just to many people out there who over-emphasize the fact that they're in a relationship when this day swings around and to be fair, it kind of feels like a dig at those of us who aren't.

• Brohoof 1

St Patricks Day.

Even though I love showing my pride on St. Patricks Day, What do I get? a barrel of disrespect. Most people find St. Patricks Day a pointless day, and just based off a myth. Plus, I find Valentines Day has a lot more purpose.

Here's the wiki for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine%27s_Day

and here's St. Patricks Day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick%27s_Day

Valentine's day. What bugs me isn't that it's a celebration of love, but that it's only for couples. If it was celebrating all kinds of love, whether that be romantic love, family love, friendship...then I'd be a lot more okay with it. But no, just for couples. Kinda stupid in my opinion.

• Brohoof 4

Neither

Just because Valentines' Day doesn't work for me doesn't mean I should ruin it for others. Plus all the discounted candy you can get afterwards :P

And Saint Patrick's Day is also my birthday >:[

Edited by Megas75

Getting drunk or eating cheap chocolate, hard choice but if I get to ruin someone's day, why not both?  Probably Valentine's Day considering how being wasted is a lot more fun than spending money in a temporary relationship.

59112593.jpg

It's not like any of these holidays actually do anything interesting or really that special.

Plus it sucks to be single of Valentines Day.

As for St. Patrick's day well do people even celebrate it like at all?

I would probably get rid of Valentines day. Many who don't have anybody to spend the day with will often feel sad and lonely and it is pretty unfair to them. Although I wouldn't want to ruin anything for those that do have someone special.