Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather get rid of Valentine's Day or st Patrick's day?

Metallic Strings

So you would get rid of all holidays.

Are you sure? Look what people have done to it. It's just as corporate now as Mother's Day which used to have good intentions in the past. I don't know about Valentine's Day but it probably had a past too just like Saint Patrick's Day. They're really all the same now.

:lol:

Well not like that... I meant any holiday that might be hard to celebrate for some people (say Mother's Day for someone who lost their mother).

Neither

Just because Valentines' Day doesn't work for me doesn't mean I should ruin it for others. Plus all the discounted candy you can get afterwards :P

And Saint Patrick's Day is also my birthday >:[

But you gotta agree that some of those chocolates can be absolutely disgusting.

Our community doesn't do st Patrick's day, but it just some random day on the calendar.

Well, both are pointless holidays, but I would get rid of Valentine's Day in a heartbeat. Seriously, what's the point of it? A day where a couple is supposed to be sweet to each other? They can do that ANY DAY!!! If a couple is only sweet to each other for ONE DAY of the year, they shouldn't even be in a relationship to begin with!

As for St. Patrick's Day, I don't give a shit about it. And I'm Irish. Yeah :P

At least Valentine's Day gives couples something to do and gives me discount chocolates the day after. St. Patrick's Day just gives everyone around me an excuse to pinch me for not wearing green, those butts.  :okiedokielokie:

I'd get rid of St. Patrick's.

Edited by Pokekid543

I'd probably go with St. Patrick's myself. I wouldn't really do anything for it unless it were on a Friday or Saturday. Although it's not like I do anything for Valentine's either, but at least you get candy on sale afterwards.  Unless they also discount booze around St. Patrick's Day...

As for St. Patrick's day well do people even celebrate it like at all?

1338858437-jack_daniels_bottle-10208.gif

Edited by zombienixon

I wouldn't want to get rid of either holidays because it's hapiness and a celebration to others. If i really had to choose one then valentine's day, this is because it makes some sad, lonely and depressed but brings hapiness to some.

I would get rid of Valentine's Day. St. Patrick's day is better especially when you are younger.

My reasoning is that Valentine's Day seems worthless unless you are actually in a relationship. I forget it every single year since high school ended because there is never any relationships going on.

I think it is planned out to have overpriced food and gift to sell to the masses so the government can capitalize on people in relationships. In other words, it seems like a cash grab more than anything/an excuse to go outside. :lol:

I am actually more into St.Patricks Day. Not because i am a guy who's drinking at that day, besides it's not a free day in Germany, but i really like to celebrate Celtic culture by listening to music like this here all day:

I think I should make more of these would you rather with holidays such as Halloween, Christmas, and stuff like that. Should I?

Sure. It is always fun to discuss or share opinions.

V Day!!!!!! I do not like Valentine's Day that much (Too mushy >:P). I mean it's not all bad, but St. Patrick's is so much better.

1. You wear green or get pinched. >:)

2. You get to celebrate a foreign country. (Ireland)

3. It's 3 days before my Birthday. (St. P is March 17th and my Birthday is March 20th).

Hmm... which is better...? Cheap Beer, or Cheap Chocolates? Since I am of legal age to buy where I live ( The legal buying age in The Russian Federation is 18, but consuming has no age limit) I would rather knock off valentines day. Besides, St. Patties Day has some historical meaning, whereas valentines day is pointless. 

• Brohoof 2

Even though i'm Irish, I suppose St. Payrick's day because it would help reduce the number of drunk drivers that day.

• Brohoof 2

V-day.  It's nonsense and makes too many singles/widows feel bad.  St. Patty's day is way more fun.  Even if you don't drink, the holiday is about fellowship with friends.  Plus, there are parades.  And green beads.  Nothing beats it.  

Both are irrelevant to me. I'd say St. Pattys Day. Only because I get a bunch of candy on Valentines Day.

Edit: a lot of people are like Valentines Day cause it makes single people feel like crap. Um? One day shouldn't make you feel like crap. It's a pointless holiday, if you feel like crap cause you're single on Valentines Day you should feel like crap because you're single in general. One day doesn't matter lol. People make no sense. I could care less. It's a pointless holiday. It shouldn't be significant enough to hurt a single persons feelings. I've been single for over 2 years, I like the freedom. Being in a relationship is great and all but sometimes people give it way too much power.

Edited by Cupcakes14

Valentine's Day. Irish people ADORE Paddy's Day, and it's great to have Irish stuff promoted across the world - it's one of the few times where nobody cares WHAT the stereotypes are. We just get drunk and have fun with everyone