Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here have ONE real friend?

TheMarkz0ne

I don't. It's hard to make friends online and you have to be popular or look and act a certain way. In real life I don't, I live a long drive from town and I can't just drive to make friends when I'm not around the same people a lot. It's just a matter of being happy without them, that's why I like MLP because I have no friends so it takes my mind off of that.

• Brohoof 1

Yuh. Obsidian Sky and I talk about 9 or 10 hours a day, no shit :P We play games together all the time and we really have helped each other out a lot throughout the time we've known each other, and I'm not talking some dilly dally they stole my back stuff. I've known him for under a year but we've gone to hell to try and help each other out. We've gone through a lot together during the time we've known each other and there is only 1 day since July that we haven't talked at all, and that was because his internet went out.

He's the best friend I've ever had and a damn good one, too. I really feel at ease facing the gates when I know he'll have my back, and I'd as soon die than not reciprocate his loyalty :D

• Brohoof 1

I didn't have any friends until I was 13 years old.

Now I'm 16 and a half and I'm still best friends with all those friends I made when I was 13; except for one; I don't know what happened to her. :(

I've made a lot of other friends since then! Yeah, I know people say you shouldn't have too many friends but I love making as many people as possible feel special.

But anyway friendship can be an amazing thing and I feel blessed to have such amazing friends. I'd say three of them are  best BEST friends, as they have helped me a lot and we tell eachother everything.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I do. It does exist, just because you've got bad experiences doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. Sorry for whatever happened to you.

They just suck money out of you, I don't need them. I am just stating I have had bad luck with people and I'm not banking on it changing at age 22. 

Don't think they meant that literally.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL
  • Brohoof 1

The friendships I've had are always complicated. I don't know if I really have ever had one real friend. I do have one best friend in real life but we don't have a close mental relationship at all. He doesn't really know me personally. Any online friend I've had has vanished or something went wrong through out the friendship.

It's okay though! Not every friendship works out. Even if I don't have any one true friend right now I really love and appreciate the other people in my life that are more simple friends or just people that I'm close with in a friend kind of way. Not sure if that makes any sense, but I get what I mean at least. :P

• Brohoof 2

Hmm,Come to think about it,I Think i really do have one 'True' friend.We have been friends for a long time,He can be trusted,But sometimes he is annoying(but i can deal with it),In other words i am grateful for having a friend like him.Also he is a brony.

• Brohoof 1

Real friends do exist, but I don't have any. All of my friends left me but that doesn't mean that real friends don't exist, it just means that I haven't found some. Then again, I hate socializing with other humans, all humans make me uncomfortable, but to each their own.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I do have real friends, and they're friends that have stuck with me for years. Heck, one of them has been my best friend since we were 4 years old. To me they're people I can always talk to and share troubles or stories with, we know much more about each other then any other people and so when things get rough in life we know what to say and do to help each other out. Believe me, we all had to deal with our share of assholes growing up in school, so I think we found real companionship in each other during those times.

Yeah, we each have our own goals we'd like to peruse in life, and in some cases different interests. None of my friends watch MLP in any way, but they know that I do and they're fine with it. They like me for who I am and to me that's what makes a true friend.

I'm always willing to make new friends whenever though, I enjoy meeting like minded people and being able to have discussions with them, and I certainly wouldn't ever "use" a friendship for personal gain.. I don't think it's a very healthy mindset to go around thinking that everyone you meet has a dagger hidden behind their back. Good-hearted people do exist out there.

• Brohoof 1

I have three really good friends and had em for years than

just a few normal friends but I work two jobs so my social life

is in a null but my good friends understand this!

• Brohoof 1

Why do you need friends to be happy? It's great others do, but does everyone need someone?

Loneliness is one of the worst things that can happen to a Human being. It is a terrible and horrible feeling. Being alone for too long can cause a person to become bitter, sad, depressed, pessimistic, edgy, and uncaring among other things as well. It is not good to be alone for too long Mark. You can be by yourself at times if you want, some people like to be alone sometimes, however everyone still needs some form of love, for love is the most important thing a human needs. Whether that be love from a friend, family member, or a romantic lover, we all need a bit of love in our lives. 

From a scientific standpoint though, since you seem like a science man, humans are social creatures. Without any form of human interaction for too long a person can go depressed to point of suicide, or even insane.

I understand you have had bad experience with people in the past, but that does not mean all people are bad Mark. You may say all the people you thought cared for you actually never did, but perhaps you only wish to believe that because it rectifies all those bad experiences. Perhaps you wish to believe all that because it rectifies your belief that all humans are evil and that there is not true love. But maybe you are wrong Mark. Maybe some of those people truly do care for you, maybe there is such thing as true love and friendship... and you are just in denial.

• Brohoof 1

You hit the nail on the head. The very definition of a friend... As for me I've had many friends real and online... One in particular is this guy I met a few years back and me and him became friends and soon after we're the best of bros. He to me is one of the true bluest friends I've ever known. Encouraging, nice and will have your back. I never thought it would go anywhere further when we separated because I met him over the course of a Summer camp season. But we stayed connected thru Facebook and talked and stuff. We're planning on reuniting. Soon and catching up and although he'll have his girlfriend with him that doesn't mean we'll hang out any less she's opted to hang out as well and I opted to let them their privacy if they needed it ya know to avoid being that 3rd wheel. We talked about taking trips into town, cause I told him "this time I'll have my car with me" I didn't the first time... But yeah he's great a cool dude. Likes punk british rock music says it's the original music form. I don't care much for Anarchy and Sex Pistols but I tolerate it. I'm more of a 80's metal rock music guy being born in 1987 I'm an 80's kind of guy. Leppards, Speedwagons, Firehouses, Guns, Roses, Whitesnakes, Foreigners and Journeys, Sam Hagars, David Lee Roths, Van Halens, White Lions and Loverboys, synthisizers, bright colors, big hair, and tight clothes. I <3 The 80's. There are few friends who could take a bullet for you but some may surprise you. 

This has been SuperBrony87 and A true friend is a friend til the END.

Thanks for Reading 

• Brohoof 3

Why does a friend have to be someone you would die for? Why can't a friend just be anyone you enjoy spending time with?

I think you have a rather skewed perception of friendship.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 2

It does exist. I know my true friends, and we mutually trust each other with our lives - even if they don't lay their lives down for me, i certainly would for them if the situations were reversed. I value them over myself easily. I care not for money, not for materialistic values - the connection i have with my friends, my true friends, isn't something to be understood if you don't have it yourself. 

• Brohoof 2

I have three life long friends, but I have one out of those three who I trust most he is called Torin, if I had to say my one true friend then it's him, he knows so many secrets about me it's insane, and I know many about him too, but yes, he is my most favoured friend!

• Brohoof 2

I have a real friend.  I think that most people don't have one, so they just say that everyone in their group of friends is a real friend.  I think that you are not at all alone.  Be optimistic, though.  The more genuine you act, the more likely it is that you will find a real friend.

• Brohoof 2

I have three but I can't see them much recently because of many reasons...

I couldn't make any real friends if my family didn't move to another city too much.I am likely to move another country in about three years and IDK if I can find any more real friends there...

• Brohoof 2

I had one true friend in my life, and that was when I was in school till my mid-twentys, but sadly we grew apart. I think its very hard to find true, true friends, like you said "take a bullet for a true friend." That why "friendship is magic",cause finding true friends is such a hard thing, at least to me anyhow. -_- So please let me know if anypony feels the same way, I have been stabbed in the back so many times by my so-called friends. Now the only true friend in my life is my oldest son, and he's pretty much my best friend, cause I don't let just anypony into my life, I trust to few people, but my kids I can trust with my life. :derp:

• Brohoof 1