Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports What sports did you play when you were younger?

MysticShine

Does dodgeball count? XD I played that a bunch when I was in elementary school. Quite intense, I remember the upper grades being terrifying in the game. : P Then the school disallowed it because one kid happened to get nailed in the face and got a bloody nose. Yeah, dumb reasoning. 

I used to play football with a friend, I sucked at it, but it was fun. I also liked to swim, but not in a competitive way. I'm pretty bad at most sports because I have very poor physical coordination, so now I don't play any. I like to exercise though.

I've heard chess is a sport, does that count? I also suck at it but at least I'm not the worst  :please:

When I was young, I was in a group for floor exercises and artistic gymnastics. Sadly that I forgot everything I have learned there (I wish I could do a backflip or a back handspring).

I used to do karate. Was pretty darn good at it, too. But i later on realized i was probably TOO good as i was injuring students an entire belt rank higher than i was whenever we did sparring. Heck, i almost beat a BLACK BELT when i was a 6th Kyu rank (Green belt with one stripe, only four ranks higher than basic white belt). I was deadly.

I used to play basketball when I was seven until I was 11 years old. I was actually pretty good, haha. ^^ But I lost interest in it and never had the desire to play competitively again. I don't regret it, though -- I just transitioned to different things. :)

I played soccer twice. Once I quit because I was going to be the goalkeeper but then they decided I wasn't, and goalkeeping was the only thing I liked and was sort of decent at, and once I quit because I really couldn't stand our captain...who was in my class the first year of high school (middle school by US standards, I think) and became a pretty good friend. I even picked him for my soccer team when I had to pick at PE because I knew he was good.

I also did judo for a bit, which I liked at first but soon we were only doing shoulder throws and our exams were all super easy, so there was no fun to be had there.

For the past eleven years I've been fencing, and that is definitely the only sport for me. I get to stab people with a sword, what more could I ask for?

Basketball ; I loved it, and I still do, just don't play on a team.

Soccer ; I liked it as well, but don't play it anymore

Softball ; I loved it a lot, maybe even more than basketball.

Of course I don't play any now.

I did Soccer twice and Basketball once. I enjoyed soccer both times(mostly the second time), absolutely hated basketball

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Been playing Ice Hockey my entire childhood. As a momento I still have my hockey jersey and a hockey stick that's old for over a decade now. I even gave her a name. Her name is "Pony's Crowd Control".  :wub:

Edited by ILikeNightmares

Tried T-ball, didn't care for it. Tried soccer, didn't have the patience to learn it (I just wanted to run around kicking the ball). In high school I enjoyed playing football. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I was five, I played football (soccer, and I'm born and raised in America) on an opposing team from my brother. It was really fun to do, but these days it would be the most tiring thing ever unless I'm a goalie. As of now, I play softball.

I did not play much sports in school, although as a kid I really did love certain sports like football and basketball. never REALLY played it.

I was very competitive in Taekwondo Olympic sparring when I was a kid. I would still be today if I really felt I was in that kind of shape. It is considered a sport as well, so yea :P

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Basketball, I was kind of good at it...though my height kind of put me at an unfair advantage.  I still play it when folks invite me, but I don't go out of my way to play the game.

Is weightlifting and chess a sport? Those were my two favorite after school activities. I really sucked with chess...but I was fascinated with the techniques and strategies of it....and as for weightlifting...It wasn't so much a club...as I had to go out of my way to work out in a gym...really....really far off campus, but I loved it the most out of anything. It helped me with my depression and really upped my confidence. 

Edited by Crescent Light

I played baseball and soccer as a kid but lost interest by the time I got to high school. I did join the track and field team at school for a couple years and that was fun. :)