Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most Least Favorite Shipping

Alan Crytex

>_> I Don't really like... >_>

DerpyWhooves- I know this one is pretty popular. I just don't see it, they are both pretty oblivious characters.

CheesePie- This mostly personal bias because, i HATE Cheese Sandwich, and find him uber annoying. Also, they're too similar in my opinion.

GilPie- Where do I start... Gilda tends to be almost tsundere, she's very cold and tries to be cool on the outside, but tends to be very nice on the inside. Pinkie on the other hand, I'd think would really annoy Gilda with her personality.

ChryLight- Both Twi and Chrysalis hated each other when Chrysalis was disguised as Cadence, I can't see that changing.

:eww: ...also, really any incestuous shipping. :eww:

:adorkable: I do however like... :adorkable:

FlutterMac- Flutters is calm and shy, but cares about deeply about animals. Mac tends to be calm and stoic, and is hardworking. They complement each other so well.

SpArity- I mostly like this one because, I really want this to be a thing.

VinylDash- Vinyl is very laid-back and is pretty introverted. Dashie is very competitive and outgoing, the perfect foil to vinyl.

DoctorSparkle- I really like this one, they'd be study buddies for life. Twi likes knowledge from the books, and whooves likes hypothetical knowledge from the field.

SombraLis- Sombra is a dark intense ruler, Chrysalis is dark and manipulative. It's like the ultimate team of evil.

Who is this Flash sentry you speak of? Don't you mean, Brad? *Smartass alert*

As of the shipping, I thought TwiXflash was an obvious joke by DHX. Brad is the typical one dimensional pretty boy character. Of course there is no chemistry, of course it's not going to work, of course it's a typical high school love at first sight relationship. That's what is satirised throughout the first two movies. 

That's the joke

Least favourite ship? Blue star ferries  :eww:

Edited by Freegator

Derpy x Dr Whooves

Rari x Spike

Pinkie x Big Mac

Cheerilee x Big Mac

Fluttershy x Big Mac

I feel like some pairings are made just for cute names that are easy to remember, like Fluttermac.

I don't like AppleDash either, since I'm a fan of FlutterDash.  :P

I don't have a least favourite, I hate all of them equally.

One of the things I like most about about the programme is that it's about friendship (clue's in the title) and that it doesn't obsess about romantic relationships, this sets it apart from most other programmes on TV.  It just bugs me that people want to spoil the core concept of the whole thing by having all of the characters pairing off with each other.

I don't know, I'm a really degenerate shipper. Flashlight is pretty bad and forced, but I really can't complain with anything else.

Fuck every instance of Doctor Whooves X Derpy/Ditzy in every single form ever conceived in all of history.

It's such a silly thing since its only reasoning is the damn last names.

Oh, and fuck Doctor Whooves in general. He needs to be deleted from existence.

May and or may not be highly biased due to Derpy/Ditzy being ultimate pony waifu*

• Brohoof 1

For some reason I downright hate RariJack.

When it comes to RariJack to me, the two of them mainly fight if anything. Occasionally they get along but most of the time it turns into friendly competiton.

Seriously, the episode "Trade Ya!" simply displays us that. The two often seem to prove themselves to each other too frequently. Like in Trade Ya both compete to prove whose the better friend and both want to get their desired item. In "Simple Ways" (which actually is good interaction for them and one of my favorite episodes in the whole series) both try to prove it's easy to intimidate and copy each other's stereotype personality and behavior and Rarity gets too ahead of herself. And they both get ahead of themselves in "Look Before You Sleep". Often they also make each other look like clutzs and silly in front of each other. Often looking pretty dumb and stupid just standing there nitpicking their stereotype personalitles.

So overalls to it all up: All I see in the ship are a love-and-hate competitive relationship between Applejack and Rarity with them both trying to pawn the other while losing sight of what's important and things eventually resolve themselves. And it becomes a daily minutely routine for them. Really can't see the ship even last 10 minutes with each other without one of them making a dumb move and sparking up a argument which soon becomes a contest.

There are many things I find wrong with their relationship really but they do have good moments together as well I gotta admit. Still hate it with a burning passion though.

Also, this doesn't have to do with the actual and ship and I don't hate the ship itself for it, but I feel RariJack is MASSIVELY overrated for goodness sake. If anything, I had a theory when I was 11 that the writers of FIM are RariJack shippers. They both get so much focus on each other and always stand next to each other. I( mean seriously, can you even COUNT just HOW much Rarity stands next to Applejack for a single episode?) I don't know, I just feel that way that RariJack gets too much focus. I want to a new dynamic in the Mane Six. If anything, I always thought Rarity and Rainbow Dash should interact more. Rainbow Dash is the actual tomboy of the Mane Six while Appplejack is simply a farmer who isn't afraid in the slightest to get all down and dirty. Or have Applejack interact more with the other Mane Six as well as Rarity. They both interact enough in my opinion. JUST MY OPINION THOUGH! Not to offend any RariJack shippers! :)

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

In my opinion, TwiFlash is just.. So.. Cliche? We have the nerd and the jock. Done. But, also.. I feel like they created Flash for plot conviency. He never came out til they needed him for that.

I don't mind the Twilight x Flash Sentry ship.

My least favorite is Derpy x Dr Whooves, it just doesn't make any sense...

^ Btw, saying that shipping makes no sense CLEARLY means you do not watch Doctor Who (not being rude). Derpy is clearly the "Rose" of Doctor Whooves. She matches Roses' classic blonde hair and being dizty at times, but still smart in the end. And loveable. I love those two together, especially after the Slice of Life episode.

But my least favorite shipping would be anything lesbian. No offense, but it's just wrong to me. It's just wrong for the atmosphere of the show to me. Also, I don't care for Celesita and Discord together, but ONLY because I like the idea of Fluttershy and Discord together.

It just bugs me that people want to spoil the core concept of the whole thing by having all of the characters pairing off with each other.

Shipping doesn't spoil the friendship concept at all. As a shipper myself, I ship because it's a lot of fun to work with. You have the more popular ships followed by the crack-ships. Shipping in fanart and fanfic lets you go crazy, have fun, and walk away not regretting it (much :P). That doesn't translate into disrespecting the core of the show.

It's such a silly thing since its only reasoning is the damn last names.

No. Doctor/Derpy gained popularity for two reasons:

1. In Hearts & Hooves Day, there was one shot of them standing next to each other or talking to one another. You can't see all the detail because they looked like thumbnails, but they're there. That caused plenty of what ifs, similar to Lyra/Bon and how much they were near each other in random shots.
  2. Doctor Whooves and Assistant. This fan project began in 2011, and it caused the ship to take off. H&HD gave DoctorDerpy canon fodder, which we saw in Slice of Life.
  • Brohoof 1

Shipping doesn't spoil the friendship concept at all. As a shipper myself, I ship because it's a lot of fun to work with. You have the more popular ships followed by the crack-ships. Shipping in fanart and fanfic lets you go crazy, have fun, and walk away not regretting it (much :P). That doesn't translate into disrespecting the core of the show.

I may not have made myself entirely clear there, I'm not suggesting that people who do are disrespecting the programme, I'm merely saying that from my own personal standpoint it would ruin the idea of the programme for me, because it would be crapping all over one of the things I like most about it.

The one I do tolerate is Dr Whooves and Derpy.  And the reason for that is that if Dr Whooves is indeed supposed to be "The Dr" then he has to have a companion, and that isn't a romantic relationship so it doesn't bother me.

No. Doctor/Derpy gained popularity for two reasons:

1. In Hearts & Hooves Day, there was one shot of them standing next to each other or talking to one another. You can't see all the detail because they looked like thumbnails, but they're there. That caused plenty of what ifs, similar to Lyra/Bon and how much they were near each other in random shots.
  2. Doctor Whooves and Assistant. This fan project began in 2011, and it caused the ship to take off. H&HD gave DoctorDerpy canon fodder, which we saw in Slice of Life.

That does not change my stance at all whatsoever and I still hate it and Doctor Whooves guts with a flaming passion.

^ Btw, saying that shipping makes no sense CLEARLY means you do not watch Doctor Who (not being rude). Derpy is clearly the "Rose" of Doctor Whooves. She matches Roses' classic blonde hair and being dizty at times, but still smart in the end. And loveable. I love those two together, especially after the Slice of Life episode.

I posted this before Slice of Life, now I'd say it makes more sense (although I still dislike it).

• 4 weeks later...

Any shipping of the Crystal couple with any other characters, seriously, they're married for crying out loud.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

let me see 
Shining armor x Cadence (and yes I did read the comment above me lol)
Marblemac
fluttermac
cheerimac
Sugermac
carajack
Flimjack
Somlestia (any version)
lunbra
Dislestia (kinda have a love-hate thing going on with it)
Flashlight
twibra
raripants
rariblood
fancyflur
starburst
fluttercord
Cheesepie
 FlamDash
SoarinDash
Porkypie
Soarinfire
Darizotl 
Appleshoes
DoctorDerpy
skyvapor
Daralleron

and most likely more

Edited by Larrydog

On 08/09/2015 at 4:27 PM, TerribilisScriptor said:

best: rainbowdash and soarin

worst: breaburn and bigmac

It is good ship.

I know THAT'S BUCKIN' INSEST.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best: Me X Twilight Sparkle and FlutterCord and SoarinDash.

worst: Breaburn and bigmac (dat is FUCKING INSEST) and  RariBlood (didn't you remember dat episode) and all incest ships (eg. MarbleMac)

• Brohoof 1

On 9/8/2015 at 5:27 PM, TerribilisScriptor said:

best: rainbowdash and soarin

worst: breaburn and bigmac

Best : DEFINITELY soarindash!

I'm gonna say Sparity. All it is is a running gag in the show. It's ridiculous. Hasbro knows it's ridiculous. But what's even more ridiculous is all the support it gets. I know some people are into interspecies ships, but for fuck sake. Spike's just a baby.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Twi x Flash ship at first, but its kinda moved on to Flash x Sunset.

I hate the Twi x Timber one because Timber is a creep!

I also despise the Soarin x Braeburn ship, but only because I am a strong Soarin x Dash shipper - please note its not a homophobic thing that I hate S x B, I ship gay couples too.

I'm absolutely disgusted by Sonic x Rainbow Dash. My god that is such a gross ship and so cancer

But on the other hand, I am one to like self x pony shippings, and I'm not just talking about myself specifically. They're cringy to look at or read about, but talking about the shipping between a friend and their pony waifu is a lot of fun.

• 2 years later...